Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-30-2006, 09:29 AM   #15
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbynum69
I'll stick to my gas hog and not drive it so much. nothing like 425 hp and 3" pipes making you drool.

AMEN!!!!
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #16
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
you guys are arguing over gas mileage for a hybrid. if you cant aford the gas in the new camaro or your concerned about how much your gonna get in it.....dont buy it. becasue if they do say you can get 30mpg in it thats not really driving the car thats probably coasting down a hill. if you actually buy the camaro and use it liek its supposed to be run your gonna be lucky to get 15-20 mpg. i know that my cars i have or have had i dont ***** foot around i open them up and let the horses run.
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:30 PM   #17
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacLac02
well that car only gets better gas mileage than the regular one becasue on the highway its run by the batteries in it instead of the engine. that car runs on half battery and half engine. basically the engine keeps the battery charged

That is the definition of a hybrid, part gas combustion and part electric.

It doesn't really matter to me at all really. I don't drive a hybrid and never will. I will be buying a new Camaro and I will be driving it like a muscle car should be driven.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:13 PM   #18
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacLac02
you guys are arguing over gas mileage for a hybrid. if you cant aford the gas in the new camaro or your concerned about how much your gonna get in it.....dont buy it. becasue if they do say you can get 30mpg in it thats not really driving the car thats probably coasting down a hill. if you actually buy the camaro and use it liek its supposed to be run your gonna be lucky to get 15-20 mpg. i know that my cars i have or have had i dont ***** foot around i open them up and let the horses run.

so you're tellin me I ***** footed my 96 trans am when I was getting 22 mpg on the interstate? that's the only place I got good gas mileage. anywhere else I got like maybe 10 mpg at most. lol.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:41 AM   #19
BlacLac02
Banned

no thats good if your getting 10 mpg then your a driver just like me. it depends on what kind of driving you do. if im just driving around town.... im not doing the speedlimit if im driving a long distance im probably not doing the speedlimit but im not trying to race anyone either, its just a constant speed and now stopping. but around town yeah ill burn up more gas cause i float through traffic. i hate beeing stuck behind slow drivers
Old 09-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #20
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

I did anywhere between 75-80 on the intersate with my trans am. and yea i hated being stuck behind traffic that's why I was getting 10 mpg. dang I miss that car. forget about ever getting married again. especially after I get this camaro. I aint selling that carr for anyone.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:43 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
dang I miss that car. forget about ever getting married again. especially after I get this camaro. I aint selling that car for anyone.
HAHA...you want to know something cool? My wife is excited about the new camaro coming out. She wants to help choose options (told her is was ultimately up to me, since it would be my car which she understands). When we got her the Kia, I let her get all the bells and whistles (even freakin butt warmers for the love of God...We're in TEXAS for cryin out loud!). So...when it's time to get my car, there won't be any complaining at all.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #22
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
HAHA...you want to know something cool? My wife is excited about the new camaro coming out. She wants to help choose options (told her is was ultimately up to me, since it would be my car which she understands). When we got her the Kia, I let her get all the bells and whistles (even freakin butt warmers for the love of God...We're in TEXAS for cryin out loud!). So...when it's time to get my car, there won't be any complaining at all.
LOL. well the TA was my only car and my ex wife didn't have a car. so I ended up selling it for a stupid saturn ion sedan. because she was prego but somethin bad happen and then she left my ass. never again!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ouch! Yeah, believe it or not, my wife was driving a Mustang. She wasn't too happy with that car when she was pregnant. I held off as long as I could. But when it was time, there was no cutting corners on safety for the little one. I sold the Mustang to one of my buddies, used that money to pay off the Z-28, and took out a full loan on the Kia (to avoid having two car payments. That kept the monthly payments to $400 vs $700 for both. If you stay single for a while, no one can tell you what to do. However, if u meet a cool girl who has the same interests as you and ends up becoming your wife, well....there's nothing like two incomes and all the money saved by staying in the same house, etc, etc.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #24
BlacLac02
Banned

i already got things strait with my girl about this car. all of my old girlfriends wanted me to get rid of my car to buy them a ring..... well lets just say the car stayed around longer than they di. but i did get rid of it to save for the new camaro and i told me new girl i was getting it and nothing is changing my mind. she said ok its your money do what you want. yeah.... shes a keeper
Old 09-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #25
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

well I lived and learned.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #26
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacLac02 View Post
i already got things strait with my girl about this car. all of my old girlfriends wanted me to get rid of my car to buy them a ring..... well lets just say the car stayed around longer than they di. but i did get rid of it to save for the new camaro and i told me new girl i was getting it and nothing is changing my mind. she said ok its your money do what you want. yeah.... shes a keeper
That's cool. Now, make sure she remembers she said that! I remember those good old days where it was "my money". hehe... What I wouldn't do just to be able to get a nice set of headers and Y pipe for my SS. The wife knows all I want for Xmas and my Bday's are "car parts"....specifically headers/y pipe. Maybe once all the landscaping and the deck is done I might get lucky. We'll see.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:08 AM   #27
BlacLac02
Banned

yeah maybe i just got lucky and found a girl who actually believes whats mine is mine and whats hers is mine. hahaha
Old 09-05-2006, 11:05 AM   #28
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacLac02 View Post
yeah maybe i just got lucky and found a girl who actually believes whats mine is mine and whats hers is mine. hahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! That's a good one!!!