Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #29
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
Some days I love living in Wisconsin. Open carry and Conceal carry ftw.

seems of all states we would have Open Carry, but we dont, this makes me sad

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #30
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
seems of all states we would have Open Carry, but we dont, this makes me sad
just get your chl. not hard in texas unless you have felonies
Old 10-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #31
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
some of us don't have a financial ability to leave nj yet :(

i'm guessing blu ray is a law enforcement officer. we have a few officers from scotch plains that come to our clinic.
You got gas money? Pack your life in your car, drive to Tuscaloosa, AL, stay at my house, I'll give you 30 days to find gainful employment before I'll need rent and share of the bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren3537 View Post
It is nice to live in a state that allows you to carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle and said vehicle is an extension of your home plus car jackers can be dipatched on the spot if they try to take your vehicle without your permission or consent.....
See, even Alabama isn't quite that good depending on what you mean. The new law here says that you can open carry in public, basically a cop can be fined now if he/she attempts to mess with that. Of course you can open carry in your home, property, or place of business. But not in your car. Our old and new laws add up to you have to keep your gun unloaded in a "locked box" which I interpret as a locking glove box.(I think all this is right)

That's assuming you don't have a conceal carry, then it doesn't matter if it's loaded in your car and within reach on on you're person, your'e good. And since we changed from a may issue to a shall issue in August, unless your'e a felon, it's just a matter of paper work not.

Last edited by 2012-1822; 10-19-2013 at 12:39 PM.
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #32
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
on a practical level, it's entirely possible to fabricate something similar to the old toolbox locks that used a bar, which would lock your backseat with a padlock, from inside the trunk

Or...just put your firearms in a case and lock them when in the trunk, providing that satisfies NJ law.
and be sure you're complying to the fine details, eliminating any reason a judgement or fabricated statement is made that you were climbing into the trunk to obtain a loaded weapon. Just unload it and put the ammunition in a separate locked container, other than the one the weapon itself is in.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #33
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Blinder View Post
just get your chl. not hard in texas unless you have felonies
I do. Just wish we had open carry. Have a m&p9 I use to carry because my Sig p220 combat 5" threaded barrel. Is kinda too big to conceal. For you call of duty types it's the gun the Tac .45 was based off of

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #34
Ambush
Rawr!

Drives: Giulia Quadrifoglio, C8 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
You got gas money? Pack your life in your car, drive to Tuscaloosa, AL, stay at my house, I'll give you 30 days to find gainful employment before I'll need rent and share of the bills.

I appreciate the offer, man. But I'm Chinese. I've seen that episode of Top Gear, and I'd be afraid of white people as much as black people down there. But I hear they have a kickass battleship museum parked at Mobil.

Retired:
2018 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
2014 Crystal Red Camaro RS
Ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #35
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
I appreciate the offer, man. But I'm Chinese. I've seen that episode of Top Gear, and I'd be afraid of white people as much as black people down there. But I hear they have a kickass battleship museum parked at Mobil.
Seriously? This a college town. Do you know how many Chinese and other asians are here? There is a whole Lutheran church for Chinese students. And that's just an example, the University of Alabama and it's community is very diverse.

Top Gear, I don't know which episode you're talking about, I'd sure like to see that. But don't believe everything you see on TV, we don't all screw our sisters and hang minorities in trees in our front yards.

And I'm about 4 hours north of the battleship, but going there tomorrow with Alabama Camaros.
I'm sure we'll post pics from the event.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #36
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
We've had open-carry for as long as I can remember. Any legal owner can carry a gun of any legal type (pistol, rifle, shotgun) in a holster as long as that holster is at least partially visible. You can ride a motorcycle up and down Main Street with a .44 Magnum strapped to your leg, for instance. If a business owner wants to exclude gun owners from carrying in to his place, he has to clearly post that outside the business. You can't carry into a school or government building, but if you don't drink, you can carry into a bar, too.

AZ recently relaxed standards for carrying concealed. You used to have to take a two day course, which was shortened to as little as four hours. Now there is no requirement to take the class at all. Just conceal away and go. The classes are still offered, and have a few advantages. Some other states recognize the course completion and allow AZ permit holders to carry in their states as well. And a permit holder usually get to skip the National Instant Check System (NICS) when they buy a firearm.

You can carry, concealed or in the open, locked and loaded in your vehicle. It's in your best interest to immediately reveal that information to a police officer while your hands are firmly atop the steering wheel if you get pulled over, however.

There is no gun registration in AZ. If you buy a gun here in a store, you pass the NICS by filling out a form and the retailer calls the info about you into a national number and receives an all-clear (usually) and away you go with your new/used gun with no waiting period. That can usually take almost a half hour, depending on how fast you can fill out the form and how busy the store is at the moment. The only record of the sale of the actual weapon is kept at that store for a period of a few years, then the store can purge those records. However, sales between individuals and sales at gun shows have no paper trail whatsoever. There is no required paperwork and no record of sale.

There are no magazine size limits. There is no ammunition type restriction, except in cases of lead-type shot for hunting waterfowl due to Condor poisoning and certain jacketed bullets that can cause sparks during target shooting and pose a fire risk (pending...maybe).

As long as someone 21 years old or older signs for it, you can mail order ammunition and have it sent to your house. And you can order as much as you'd like.

As discussed above, you have the right to defend yourself in your home, your car and pretty much anywhere else you have the right to be without duty to back down. If a shooting is deemed justifiable in the eyes of the law, there is little chance anyone can come after you for civil liability.

And for all this, as long as you aren't involved with a gang, aren't involved in drugs, aren't involved in human smuggling and don't get into a domestic violence situation, there's a very low chance you will ever be a victim of gun violence here.

The government in Arizona figures, right or wrong, that criminals weren't following any of these laws to begin with, so they leveled the playing field for those who do.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #37
Ambush
Rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post

AZ recently relaxed standards for carrying concealed. You used to have to take a two day course, which was shortened to as little as four hours. Now there is no requirement to take the class at all. Just conceal away and go. The classes are still offered, and have a few advantages. Some other states recognize the course completion and allow AZ permit holders to carry in their states as well. And a permit holder usually get to skip the National Instant Check System (NICS) when they buy a firearm.

John B.
John, I was told about this too. It's a $60 dollar fee to apply for CCW. However, I didn't know you can waive the course.

I seriously debated doing this, because I go shooting with my friends in PA occasionally. At the very least, PA wouldn't hassle me about the firearms.

You think it's worth it?

Retired:
Old 10-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #38
SS Blinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
I do. Just wish we had open carry. Have a m&p9 I use to carry because my Sig p220 combat 5" threaded barrel. Is kinda too big to conceal. For you call of duty types it's the gun the Tac .45 was based off of
Its getting cold soon so easier to conceal. Also some states with open carry only allow you to open carry with out a magazine/loaded gun. How does that do any good when you need it. I know NM open carry is probably one of the open carries I would like to carry over to TX. But we will see if the law passes...
Old 10-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #39
Neoclasiccl

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS L99
Although I have a CCW this is legal in Fl even if u don't have one. I carry larger but this one fits nicely and 14 rounds of 9mm ain't to shabby.

Neoclasiccl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #40
Ambush
Rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoclasiccl View Post
Although I have a CCW this is legal in Fl even if u don't have one. I carry larger but this one fits nicely and 14 rounds of 9mm ain't to shabby.

haha, that's pretty snug.

Retired:
Old 10-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #41
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
This thread is full of laughs... I'd like to see a driver be able to reach back, release the seat, and grab something from the trunk while sitting in the drivers seat... if you can do that, post it on youtube and link it.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #42
SS Blinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL1CK View Post
This thread is full of laughs... I'd like to see a driver be able to reach back, release the seat, and grab something from the trunk while sitting in the drivers seat... if you can do that, post it on youtube and link it.
in the non 2nd amendment supporting states, this is 100% possible 100% of the time. perhaps they have video on youtube...