Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 AM   #15
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I know it will be out sooner then 2009 but Idon't think next year at earliest I think early to mid 08
Old 09-28-2006, 09:56 AM   #16
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
yeah im sure not by next summer but im sure they will begin production in oct. nov next year and have this car out on the road in jan-feb. or at least in someones garage until the bad weather goes away
Old 09-28-2006, 10:34 AM   #17
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
I am new here but i think GM should take their time and do the car right and think about what all is going in the car. and like Tag ur It says it will give us a little bit of time to save some more money. Because I will have one even if I have to trade my truck and car in! camaro's are the best and will always be the best i think!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #18
jbynum69
God of thunder

Drives: 95 Mustang GT
My view is this , the challenger comes out in mid 08 for the 09 model and the new corvette (what ever it is called) comes out then too! so the camaro will probably be seen next year in show and sold mid 08 as an 09 model.

This is not new , it has happened many times since the beginning of autos sales for demand . the actual first camaro was designed in the early 60s and released after the boom of the mustang .
all these dates 09 ,08 ,07 are just numbers not actual release times ,remember the new sales year comes around mid july for some car manufacturers and new designs can be 2 yrs before actual calendar yr(2000 doge neon released 1998 ).
SO put money away now or be ready to see your baby go by with someone else driving her!

My first car was a 72 ss
I've owned 9 camaro's over the yrs...:
Old 09-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #19
Mungo

Drives: trans am
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLS2 View Post
I believe it. GM is taking ALOT and I mean ALOT of heat recently for financial reasons. Of course the biggest push is for them to get some better products out there, and whats their one shining star right now? THe camaro. I bet they have all the manpower thats needed on this car right now to get it right and get it out to us. I do believe we will see it in full production ready form within 12 moths, guaranteed. And I mean within 12 months, so less then 12 months. wooohoo
I agree GM has got to get some better designed cars on the market. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been seeing alot of toyota camry's and all of the Lexus models GS,ES and IS 300's on the road. NICE cars with great styling. They need to think outside of the box.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #20
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
I agree GM has got to get some better designed cars on the market. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been seeing alot of toyota camry's and all of the Lexus models GS,ES and IS 300's on the road. NICE cars with great styling. They need to think outside of the box.
Where have you been? Have you seen the new Buicks or the Pontiac G6 that is flying off showroom floors?

Not to mention the Solstice/Sky platform
Old 09-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #21
Mungo

Drives: trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Where have you been? Have you seen the new Buicks or the Pontiac G6 that is flying off showroom floors?

Not to mention the Solstice/Sky platform
I agree that the Buick has some nice designs, but you can't tell them apart. I can name the LaCross, but what is the name of the other one. All the grilles look the same. From the cars to the SUV's. No distinction. The G6 is a nice looking car and is selling well. The hard top convertible IS selling like hot cakes as is the Solstice/sky. They compared a Colbalt SS and a subaru W3( the pocket rocket) and the winner was the colbalt. But let's kick it up a notch in styling. Remember why Oldsmobile went bye bye? No distinction between the models. The new Chevy/ GMC trucks and SUV's are doing very well, and the interiors are getting great reviews. Great designs and upgraded materials win. Have you seen the new Lincoln Navigator? What a DOG. Ugly!!
Old 09-28-2006, 06:12 PM   #22
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
well that's the thing quality of american cars has gone up. but the reputation with a lot of people is that american cars suck. that's why one of my friends won't buy american. I wanted to smack her in the face when she said my saturn ion would break down at 50,000 miles. right now I'm sitting at 45,000. and well on the way to have 48k on it by the end of dec. I haven't had one problem out of the car. oh well she will learn the hard way.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:28 PM   #23
BlacLac02
Banned

at a local saturn sealership here in canton they have a wall of high mileage cars. they have a 100,000 mile club and 200,000 mile club and up. there are over 20 people in the 100,000 mile club and a couple in the 200k club and i think there was 3 or 4 in the 300 k club. your ion is gonna go the distance.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
well that's the thing quality of american cars has gone up. but the reputation with a lot of people is that american cars suck. that's why one of my friends won't buy american. I wanted to smack her in the face when she said my saturn ion would break down at 50,000 miles. right now I'm sitting at 45,000. and well on the way to have 48k on it by the end of dec. I haven't had one problem out of the car. oh well she will learn the hard way.
Knock on wood now that you said that!
Old 09-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #25
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Knock on wood now that you said that!
LOL. yea I noticed the clutch seems to be slipping right now. oh well. what can I say I'm hard on it. I traded my freakin trans am in on it and then got stuck with it after the divorce. lol. fun stuff.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #26
yourbassist

Drives: '96 Intrepid
No offense, but my girlfriend has a 2001 Saturn, not sure what the actual model it is, it doesn't say on any part of the car. But she has a little over 60,000 miles on it and her transmission (and some other things that I'm not sure of) had to have some work because it's shift points were off and it feels so much more dainty than my 1996 Intrepid. My car still feels like a nicer car than hers after 120k and being totaled. I had to have the frame stretched. She also just had her brakes replaced, I believe when I replaced mine over the summer it was the first for them, but I could be mistaken. Older Saturns (aka not in the past few years) really feel like cheap cars. Just my .02
Old 09-30-2006, 08:21 AM   #27
TeamChevy
Oshawa Launch Team (Ret)

Drives: 2022 Camaro (Order #: ZSRQPW)
Can't see production cars being ready within 12 months. Plant has to be set-up first.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:32 AM   #28
BlacLac02
Banned

yeah they will be ready in the next 12 months. if they already have 1 production model done, that meens they have everything how they want it and the companies that make the sheet metal or plastic already have a mold.the longest part of getting a car going has already been done...... and thats the concept stage. now its "a piece of cake" for GM to getthe rest of this going. in no time theyll be making thousands of those cars a week and they will be out on the street. so TEAM CHEVY it is possible,

Closed Thread