The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #71
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayo View Post
Oh, OK I see. Thank you very much, Becky

So if I want to track my order at the Chevy Website, first my dealer needs to place it against their allocation in order to complete the process?

And my order status right now is?..

Thanks 4 ur time!

No you can find your order on that site now. I believe it will say
that it's waiting for dealer allocation. The actual status is
1100- Order placed at dealership. There it will sit until the
allocation becomes available for the dealer to place the order.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #72
Rayo

Drives: 14'Stingray/13'LandRover/12' Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
No you can find your order on that site now. I believe it will say
that it's waiting for dealer allocation. The actual status is
1100- Order placed at dealership. There it will sit until the
allocation becomes available for the dealer to place the order.
OK, I see.
Thanks a lot Becky!

So having an Order number is no guarantee that my car will be on production any time soon, or even on a First run of orders or a Second run right?
Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #73
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
You are correct.

Am not sure what you mean by in production anytime soon. The announced date for the start of regular production is the first Monday in August, so if you mean by anytime soon sometime in August, then there to you are correct.

Laborsmith

Seems like August build orders should be pulled today. Maybe there will be some 2500s tomorrow,

Last edited by laborsmith; 05-21-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #74
Rayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
You are correct.

Am not sure what you mean by in production anytime soon. The announced date for the start of regular production is the first Monday in August, so if you mean by anytime soon sometime in August, then there to you are correct.

Laborsmith

Seems like August build orders should be pulled today. Maybe there will be some 2500s tomorrow,
Perfect, Thanks for the info Laborsmith.

Ok then, now big questions.....

If these next days my order moves on the 2500 ... Would that mean that my car would be on regular production (fall delivery) ? But what if June and July pass by and my order does not move from the 1100? Does it mean that my dealer put me on a second run (january delivery)?

Thanks for your time!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #75
laborsmith

Per experience, the first Corvette consensus (which should be at the end of May, about now) would be for projected August production. The second Corvette consensus will probably be closer to the start of regular production: my guess toward the end of July. Those orders picked in the first consensus will get their build date and eta dealer delivery date near the end of June. Corvette is better at these predictions than the rest of Chevrolet, one reason is that Corvettes ship by truck car hauler and not by train. Chevy picks retail sold orders before dealer stock orders and rumor has it will follow up to determine a retail sold is not a dealer stock order.

Laborsmith
Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #76
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
Per experience, the first Corvette consensus (which should be at the end of May, about now) would be for projected August production. The second Corvette consensus will probably be closer to the start of regular production: my guess toward the end of July. Those orders picked in the first consensus will get their build date and eta dealer delivery date near the end of June. Corvette is better at these predictions than the rest of Chevrolet, one reason is that Corvettes ship by truck car hauler and not by train. Chevy picks retail sold orders before dealer stock orders and rumor has it will follow up to determine a retail sold is not a dealer stock order.

Laborsmith
This is great info, thank you for posting it. I had no idea it would be August before they started production.

I was told that all Priority #1 orders from all dealers would be first for production, regardless if a dealer gets 2 allocations or 50, and the rest of the orders would be allocated over the next 6-9 months. Becky, does that sound right to you?

Also, when will these orders start getting pulled? I know someone mentioned this week? Is that true, or will it be closer to next week, since it's the actual end of May.

This is exciting
Old 05-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #77
Rayo

How do you know when your order gets pulled?
Old 05-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #78
Rayo

any 2500's yet??
Old 05-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #79
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayo View Post
How do you know when your order gets pulled?
Your dealer can check it in GM Global Connect daily and check on the Event Code Status.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #80
laborsmith

Welcome to the true E Ride people who do retail sold orders, particularly pre-orders, which is what this thread is currently focusing on. Retail ordering can be a true roller coaster ride.

I am not sure when the last consensus in May takes place, I am guessing yesterday but it could be next Tuesday. For those who need refreshing: Consensus – The planning and forecasting of vehicles between the dealer and GM. A quantity of vehicles that a dealer requests for a given production period from GM. Based on GM data and constraints they may or may not receive the amount requested.

There are non sellable Corvettes being built now, and possibly Captured Test Fleet as well, which exist to get as many real world miles as possible as one of the final checks before the start of regular production cars.

Anything Becky does your dealer can do but it is a lot more fun (for everyone) watching Becky do her magic so I hope people take advantage. Also, all retail sold orders are priority 1 though at consensus a dealer may put a not first order through if there is a constraint on the would be first order. The dealer really has no choice because if an allocation is not used it can not be saved and it will be given to another dealer. How else to Kerbeck and a few others come to dominate Corvette sales?

Laborsmith
Old 05-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #81
dvdhotboy

Drives: 2007 Escalade esv
Hi Becky, can you track this RBGZ61.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #82
laborsmith

Looked at my C6 order time line just now, and realized my above post inaccurate. It was about now (Mem. Day 2004) my salesperson informed me the dealership had used one of their two first consensus allocations for my order. There was no status change. In the first week of June my order was accepted (2500) than June 16 it went to 3000. On June 23 while still at 3000 it got a TPW (08/02/2004) and eta (08/23/2004). On 07/08/2004 status 3100 then on 07/28/2004 status 3400. The car was assembled the week of 08/02/2004, arrived at the dealer 08/23 and my driveway 08/24. VIN ending number 0708.

So the first status level change should be between 05/28/2013 and 06/04/2013.

Hopes this more accurate info helps.

Laborsmith
Old 05-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #83
Rayo

Quote:
Looked at my C6 order time line just now, and realized my above post inaccurate. It was about now (Mem. Day 2004) my salesperson informed me the dealership had used one of their two first consensus allocations for my order. There was no status change. In the first week of June my order was accepted (2500) than June 16 it went to 3000. On June 23 while still at 3000 it got a TPW (08/02/2004) and eta (08/23/2004). On 07/08/2004 status 3100 then on 07/28/2004 status 3400. The car was assembled the week of 08/02/2004, arrived at the dealer 08/23 and my driveway 08/24. VIN ending number 0708.

So the first status level change should be between 05/28/2013 and 06/04/2013.

Hopes this more accurate info helps.

Laborsmith
Cristal clear, my friend.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #84
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Welcome to the true E Ride people who do retail sold orders, particularly pre-orders, which is what this thread is currently focusing on. Retail ordering can be a true roller coaster ride.

I am not sure when the last consensus in May takes place, I am guessing yesterday but it could be next Tuesday. For those who need refreshing: Consensus – The planning and forecasting of vehicles between the dealer and GM. A quantity of vehicles that a dealer requests for a given production period from GM. Based on GM data and constraints they may or may not receive the amount requested.

There are non sellable Corvettes being built now, and possibly Captured Test Fleet as well, which exist to get as many real world miles as possible as one of the final checks before the start of regular production cars.

Anything Becky does your dealer can do but it is a lot more fun (for everyone) watching Becky do her magic so I hope people take advantage. Thank you!! Also, all retail sold orders are priority 1 though at consensus a dealer may put a not first order through if there is a constraint on the would be first order. The dealer really has no choice because if an allocation is not used it can not be saved and it will be given to another dealer. How else to Kerbeck and a few others come to dominate Corvette sales?Laborsmith

True - I believe today is the first they are acually accepting any orders, but my allocation is not in this cycle. I know the priority dealers received allocation, but I never heard of everyone getting to submit an order on opening day. The Production Guide was given to the dealers and my understanding was that was to cover 6-9 months. No mention of the timing to receive them.

Closed Thread

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet, tpw sorry