Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-24-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Anyone that has done a CAI, question about the windshield washer tank?

I am looking to do a cold air intake, and I see that most if not all of them encloses the windshield washer inlet. For anyone that has done a CAI, did you leave the tank inlet alone? Did you purchase a Washer Fluid replacement kit?

What about a intake scoop?

Pro's and Con's of either?

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #2
LBJ

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LS. M6
I have not moved my tank & it's no big deal to add washer fluid but I don't drive mind a lot .I have noticed a better sound and performance ... I can't respond about using the scoop I hope this helps
Mods..mrt v2. Cai intake v max throttle body. 20% windo tint & RX catch can Gianna 20in rims nitto 555 & afterburner tail lights RS halo head lights & gm heat extractor 4 pack gauges & panted heritage Grille & zl1rear sproler t5 splitter custom head rest
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:30 AM   #3
SliverSurfer

Drives: Summit White 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
I have not moved my tank & it's no big deal to add washer fluid but I don't drive mind a lot .I have noticed a better sound and performance ... I can't respond about using the scoop I hope this helps
+1

I have the CAI Inc system and the lid Covers the washer bottle,which isn't a big deal...I keep a torx driver in my glove box. I haven't done the washer bottle replacement either, but have been thinking about it only if I do the scoop...which I'm still thinking about myself.

So, in short, I didn't do the washer bottle relo or the scoop. Lol
SliverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:30 AM   #4
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
i didnt relocate my WW tank nor have I have added the scoop. it isn't too hard to add washer fluid tho. the cover for the CAI brand intake comes off fairly easy.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:11 AM   #5
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
i didnt relocate my WW tank nor have I have added the scoop. it isn't too hard to add washer fluid tho. the cover for the CAI brand intake comes off fairly easy.
That's kind of what I was wondering, how easy is it to fill with the CAI around it.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
Old 01-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #6
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
You all should do the scoop I relocated mine washer bottle however. Put in the scoop not hard to do and you get better airflow. No sense of having a CAI if you not letting air in right.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:16 AM   #7
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
I am looking to do a cold air intake, and I see that most if not all of them encloses the windshield washer inlet. For anyone that has done a CAI, did you leave the tank inlet alone? Did you purchase a Washer Fluid replacement kit?

What about a intake scoop?

Pro's and Con's of either?
I purchased a Cold Air Inductions cold air intake and not too long afterwards did the Air Scoop using the Apex air scoop and windshield washer relocation kit. I have to advise you that while I love the setup and the butt dyno gains, it is a royal PITA to install. It took me about 5 hours to do it mostly because I am really anal about doing things correctly. It does involve removing your drivers side wheel and fender liner and using a Dremel to cut a notch out of a plastic part directly behind the lower grill. The horn bolt that the scoop attaches to was nearly impossible to remove and I almost dislocated my shoulder trying to get it loose with a socket wrench. I positioned my WW inlet outside of the CAI box as I wanted nothing in the way of the air flow going to the filter. See my install pictures below. Good luck. It is a great mod, just give yourself plenty of time to do it and be persistent. I was going to give up several times but pushed through.
Attached Images

pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:33 PM   #8
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
The stock WW tank is enormous and in the direct path of airflow. I pulled mine and put in a Rotofab tank which fits nicely up top behind my CAI cold air intake box. Looks good too. I also installed the air scoop, it couldn't hurt.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #9
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
I had it both ways, and with the air scoop it woke up the CAI. I had my horn bolt replaced in 10 seconds, and I unscrewed it with my hand. I made my own replacement washer bottle; the OEM one holds about a gallon of juice that is un-needed weight.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #10
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
The stock WW tank is enormous and in the direct path of airflow. I pulled mine and put in a Rotofab tank which fits nicely up top behind my CAI cold air intake box. Looks good too. I also installed the air scoop, it couldn't hurt.
+1.....i actualy didnt do the scoop initially, but i did it a year later with the Washer bottle relocation kit and it ran better to me....or at least thats what my butt dyno said!
Old 01-26-2015, 04:24 AM   #11
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Thanks for the responses everyone, some things to think about when I do this. I was leaning towards doing all 3 at the same time rather than doing the CAI first, and then having to change it later.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

Old 01-27-2015, 01:31 PM   #12
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Volant makes one with a pre-made hole fits over the washer fill
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:03 PM   #13
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
Thanks for the responses everyone, some things to think about when I do this. I was leaning towards doing all 3 at the same time rather than doing the CAI first, and then having to change it later.
First of all thank you for choosing our CAI for your vehicle, I am confident that you will be very happy with your purchase

Secondly, although many people run the scoop/washer bottle relocation kit and are very happy with it, don't feel like not doing it will cause you grief. The lid comes off in seconds and is held in place with 3 spring loaded fasteners, and I'm guessing you wont be filling your washer fluid all that often anyways. So for the few times a year you have to add some fluid, taking the cap off the washer fluid will probably take nearly as much time as taking the lid off of your CAI

If you have any questions, feel free to let us know, thanks!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:35 PM   #14
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
I added a scoop to mine and removed the washer tank. I do t use the wipers so the washer fluid is pointless. Weight savings

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote