The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 07-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Exclamation Rick Hendrick's Chevy in Atlanta screwed me

First off was on a preorder for the C7 $1000 deposit paid 06/2013. Get a call on 07/04/13 your order has been pulled to be put into system. They wanted a additional $4000 for the deposit. No problem. Then get a call today. "Our Gm has decided to make the $5000 total deposit a addition to the MSRP price we agreed upon. Bull we agreed on MSRP and that's it. So my lost time staying with this dealer now puts we searching for another one to get in the back of the line. This is wrong and GM needs to address it. Kelly with customer service where are you. Others I now here are being told the same thing from them. This is very bad business and disguises me and the brand.....
Old 07-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
sotirisf

Drives: C6 Vert
Thats why there is a list serve.
Bad business once lives on forever on the INTERNET- some car dealers will never realize this.
I for one will never deal with a dealer that has anything negative posted in a list serve.
sotirisf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
One wondes if your dealer ever heard of Maxie Price. The upshot is for reasons I have not learned Maxie Price went from the number two Corvette sales (second to Kerbeck) to run of the mill. I recall these kind of allegations were attached to the dealership. No idea if there was substance but I surmise the current reality speaks volumes.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Hendrick dealers are notorious for pulling this kind of BS.

Ever seen ADM on a Sonic? Hendrick does it.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Rayo

Drives: 14'Stingray/13'LandRover/12' Harley
Go Kerbeck!
I canceled the order With my local dealer (Texas), and placed a new one last week with Kerbeck. spot # 158 , delivery Est. before november.

MSRP. no bullsh*t. no xtra fees!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
lawdogg149

I went with Rick at coughlin. He stepped up and gave me honest answers and actually cared about my frustrations with the Hendricks.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
lawdogg149

I just got this little email from hendrick's.
"Here is your refund. Thanks for working with us and good luck!"

I quoted that right of the email.
Well good luck, I don't give up till the top hears what I got to say. Hell I need a good excuse to fly my plane. Guess I will make a trip to NC next week and hand deliver my complaint to hendrick automotive.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hey Lawdogg,

I am sorry that you are having to deal with all these concerns with the dealership! Private message me with more details and I will help you however I can.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #9
Roll_the_Dice

Drives: 2012 Summit White Camaro 2LT
I contacted Hendrick in Atlanta months ago and they told me up front there would be an ADM. They said everyone was going to pay it or they wouldn't get a car. Same deal as you...$1000 deposit, an additional $4000 when the order is picked and all of that was on top of MSRP.

I walked right then and found another dealer...Hendrick was criminal when I bought my Camaro....had to get my lawyer involved to make them do what they were supposed to do. Chevy customer service did nothing for me even though I pursued it. I will NEVER buy another car from any Hendrick Dealer.
2003 Audi A4 Convertible Silver Auto (sold)
1999 Ford F150 (sold)
2008 Porsche 911 Convertible Atlas Gray M6 (sold)
2007 Corvette Lemans Blue M6 (sold)
2004 BMW 645 ci Convertible Black Metallic (sold)
2000 Dodge Dakota sport Navy (sold)
1999 Porsche Boxster Black Metallic M5 (sold)
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena Titanium F1 (sold)
1992 BMW 325i 2 door Alpine white (sold)
1990 Nissan 240SX Burgundy M6 (sold)
1979 Celica Blue M5 (sold)
1974 Mustang II Ghia Green (sold)
Roll_the_Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
This guy is quite the crook, Hendrick is the charter member in the 5k over MSRP dealer club.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #11
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
You may want to read this. He recently was quoted saying this...

“I recently became aware that a customer of ours was quoted a price above MSRP on a new Chevrolet Corvette. I regret that this happened as this is not common practice in any of our stores. Hendrick Automotive Group has a policy that no one will quote a price above MSRP on any new Corvettes. We have a tremendous relationship with the National Corvette Restorers Society, the Corvette museum and Corvette clubs across the country and the world. Hendrick Automotive Group has supported Corvette fundraisers and charities at the museum and private clubs in the past and this will continue in the future. As an avid collector and preserver of Corvettes, I have a lot of personal pride in our relationship with the Corvette community. Again, I regret this happened and can assure all Corvette customers that it will not happen again.” -Rick Hendrick, Chairman of Hendrick Automotive Group

Sounds like the dealer is the crook, why not turn them in and it sounds like it'll get sorted out.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #12
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
You may want to read this. He recently was quoted saying this...

“I recently became aware that a customer of ours was quoted a price above MSRP on a new Chevrolet Corvette. I regret that this happened as this is not common practice in any of our stores. Hendrick Automotive Group has a policy that no one will quote a price above MSRP on any new Corvettes. We have a tremendous relationship with the National Corvette Restorers Society, the Corvette museum and Corvette clubs across the country and the world. Hendrick Automotive Group has supported Corvette fundraisers and charities at the museum and private clubs in the past and this will continue in the future. As an avid collector and preserver of Corvettes, I have a lot of personal pride in our relationship with the Corvette community. Again, I regret this happened and can assure all Corvette customers that it will not happen again.” -Rick Hendrick, Chairman of Hendrick Automotive Group

Sounds like the dealer is the crook, why not turn them in and it sounds like it'll get sorted out.
How could Rick Hendrick NOT know that his dealerships were selling cars above MSRP. I would think that copies of all vehicle sales would be sent to Hendrick Automotive Group for review and inventory status. If he truly did not know what was going on, maybe he needs some some different personnel that can keep him better informed. The Autonation Group does the same thing selling above MSRP on vehicles that are in high demand.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #13
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
How could Rick Hendrick NOT know that his dealerships were selling cars above MSRP. I would think that copies of all vehicle sales would be sent to Hendrick Automotive Group for review and inventory status. If he truly did not know what was going on, maybe he needs some some different personnel that can keep him better informed. The Autonation Group does the same thing selling above MSRP on vehicles that are in high demand.
it is totally possible on many of the corporate stores that it was not caught. These are huge orgs and so far none of the transactions have hit the books as a sale and generated gross profit. They are currently showing as just "deposits". The individ deals are still in the dealers ,not logged into corporate....I have auditied some corp stores, and it can get by....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #14
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
it is totally possible on many of the corporate stores that it was not caught. These are huge orgs and so far none of the transactions have hit the books as a sale and generated gross profit. They are currently showing as just "deposits". The individ deals are still in the dealers ,not logged into corporate....I have auditied some corp stores, and it can get by....
Maybe you are right because none of the sales have been finalized at this point. But if it was corporate policy NOT to sell above MSRP, then I would think that dealerships that did not adhere to the policy would be in serious violation with corporate headquarters. But what do I know.