The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 02-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
gojurick

Drives: '14 Stingray "Sasha"
Awaiting delivery

So after months of research, which also consisted of convincing my wife that a new Stingray is just the thing we need, we went to a local dealer on Valentine's day with order sheet in hand intent on placing our order and then waiting the cursory 3-4 months or longer to receive our new beauty. We really just want it before mid-June for our annual road trip to Vegas. The dealer had 5 in stock, 2 coupe (want) and 3 convertible (no interest).

Only one of the coupes was a Z51 3LT, which is what we must have. It was a Torch Red (like) with Brownstone interior. After asking us what we were looking for (and learning a few things thanks to my knowledge gleaned from the forums!!), the salesman was of course pushing me towards this one. We just weren't taken with the color combo, even though it had all the options we wanted. We discussed and decided to just go ahead and place the order.

He said he wanted to verify they have allocations and when he came back had a sheet in his hand. It turned out to be one they had ordered which was in transit. It was fortunately another Z51 3LT. This one was Torch red with Kalahari interior, a much more desirable combo, looks like a Ferrari to me. I told him I wanted to compare the sheet to my requirement list and lo and behold it also had every option we would have ordered and even a few I probably would have left off (suede, carbon fiber and luggage). He said it was supposed to be on site by the 21st. After much talk with the wife and negotiating we plunked down a deposit and waited for it to show up. Got a call this morning saying that delivery is delayed until next week due to the adverse weather that's apparently happening everywhere but here. I think he thought we'd be upset but I told him we had our minds set that we'd be waiting for months, so another week is no big deal. Now we will see if it gets here so we can enjoy months early. We did not get in our primary choice of color (the wife LOVES the Artic White) but she thinks the Torch red is super sexy and she's going to look damn good in it. Just can't wait to mark one more thing of my life's list of what I must own before I die.
gojurick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
T_Bone

Drives: Waiting
Sounds like a win! Not a horrible wait either. Enjoy!
T_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
Down_Range_King
Win the day

Drives: F250, Tahoe, LRG C7 Z51
How fortunate for you and your wife! Congratulations!
You are gonna love it even more once you get behind the wheel!
Down_Range_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Best thing to have is the wife onboard with the plan for a Vette. I was set on getting a ZL1, showed the wife the Vette…she said forget it…you'll be getting that instead. Congrats, and enjoy it when you get it!
Old 03-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #5
gojurick

So just a quick update. While waiting for the car to be delivered to our local dealership I decided to keep an eye out for any others that came along. I ended up finding one we liked at a very well known Ohio dealership.

After checking more into it and talking with them we decided to cancel our current order and buy this vehicle. It's a more preferred color (Cyber Grey), has all of the options we wanted and not a lot of the fluff the other car was coming with. In the end we'll end up spending about $9k less but still getting what we want. Can't argue with that. Paperwork is signed and hopefully it will be loaded on a truck coming this way this week. Overall it made the wife even more happy since she's got a little extra cash now to buy a tight Stingray shirt!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
gojurick

So on Tuesday the truck finally pulled up to the house and out popped our brand new baby, Sasha. The wife just laughs when I call her that. Have to wait until next week to get the PPF and tint done so we're not driving much. It kills me, but I want no blemishes on her beautiful skin before then.
Attached Images