The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 03-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Drives: 1987 Corvette Convertible
Navigation

I will preface this with the realization that I scrutinize every option in a new purchase and weigh cost versus benefits.

I originally ordered my 2LT WITHOUT Navigation. Accepting advice, I changed the order. With the price increase and concerns over allocation, I jumped on a 3LT in the showroom and couldn't be happier. I would not have ordered a 3LT considering the cost versus what it includes, but...

Navigation is, in my opinion, a MUST HAVE. It functions well within voice commands and the head's up display. I had thought, for the price ($800) and years of upgrading technology, why not rely on aftermarket dash units. If you are on the fence, then get inside the car and test out how the Nav works.

My intention of this thread is not to be presumptuous, but to pass on my experience and impressions.
carsonulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonulrich View Post
I will preface this with the realization that I scrutinize every option in a new purchase and weigh cost versus benefits.

I originally ordered my 2LT WITHOUT Navigation. Accepting advice, I changed the order. With the price increase and concerns over allocation, I jumped on a 3LT in the showroom and couldn't be happier. I would not have ordered a 3LT considering the cost versus what it includes, but...

Navigation is, in my opinion, a MUST HAVE. It functions well within voice commands and the head's up display. I had thought, for the price ($800) and years of upgrading technology, why not rely on aftermarket dash units. If you are on the fence, then get inside the car and test out how the Nav works.

My intention of this thread is not to be presumptuous, but to pass on my experience and impressions.
I agree with you completely. I would never have been the type to order Nav in my car. I have a Garmin that I use that works just fine and is loaded with way points. But after seeing well the Corvette's Nav worked the heads up display, I decided it is a worthwhile investment for me. I will be ordering it in my car.