Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #99
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
the mdf board just fell apart.
Woooow I would have been pissed but now u can build another one
Old 04-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #100
laditee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSSDiver View Post
Wow! And was happy with just the stock system in my SS. Guess I'll have to step it up to hang you Ladi Tee!

Yes u will hahaha
Old 04-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #101
laditee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED HT5 View Post
Damn u kno that mutha bumps!!!!!...
Shit I ain't went no higher then 15 yet lol..its that powerful lol
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #102
laditee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 436SS View Post
Awsome build Laditee!!!
Thanks 436SS i really appreciate u looking thru it
Old 04-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #103
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
have a question, we are trying to remedy...have you made another way to access trunk if interior trunk popper goes bad or electronic trunk mech does not work...cannot climb thru back seat any longer to pop trunk open manually..there would be no way to open trunk lid...if you had not thought of this issue , yet, better start...nothing last forever, and would suck that you can,t get trunk open...i will let you know what ideas we come up with...and look forward to seeing if you have already fabbed something to work
Old 04-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #104
laditee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
have a question, we are trying to remedy...have you made another way to access trunk if interior trunk popper goes bad or electronic trunk mech does not work...cannot climb thru back seat any longer to pop trunk open manually..there would be no way to open trunk lid...if you had not thought of this issue , yet, better start...nothing last forever, and would suck that you can,t get trunk open...i will let you know what ideas we come up with...and look forward to seeing if you have already fabbed something to work

Lol wow I really haven't thought about that but I did have an incident on Sat where I went to open the trunk from the door clicker and it wouldn't open...I could hear it clicking as if it wanted to open but wasn't catching..I then hit the release button a few times on my remote starter and it opened so it's ironic that u mentioned this but no I haven't thought about what I would do if the clicker gives out...but if that gives out I think I would be worrying about more imortant things like electrical problems lol..keep me posted as well...thanks Mike

Last edited by laditee; 04-19-2013 at 09:34 AM.
laditee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #105
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
Quote:
I have not looked at the entire assembly, but could you fab something up that uses like a bicycle brake cable and housing. since they are pretty flexible you could wire with the factory wiring through the trunk and have a seperate release inside the vehicle. im pretty sure you can get somethign to custom lengths
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #106
laditee

Quote:
Originally Posted by baum View Post
I have not looked at the entire assembly, but could you fab something up that uses like a bicycle brake cable and housing. since they are pretty flexible you could wire with the factory wiring through the trunk and have a seperate release inside the vehicle. im pretty sure you can get somethign to custom lengths
Old 04-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #107
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
my tv is mounted in the trunk lid, real issue with that...the verts have a key in the back seat that allows the manual release as the verts don,t have a folding back seat...but the cable would be very long and could prove to be a challenge...we are gonna pull the shop camaro latch out and take a look at what we can do...i have tons of electrial in my trunk-ps3-tv-2 batteries 2 nos tanks-invertor amps and much more ,dropped trunk pan with a 2 gallon fuel cell..last thing i need is some sort of electrical fire that shorts out my trunk release with no way to open trunk and put out any possible fire{ worse case scenario} but u get my drift...have noticed that the bowtie on trunk lid is directly in front of latch...we use some super strong magnets for special applications...my hope is to be able to drill a hole behind the bowtie and be able to use some sort of tool to pop trunk or add a recessed key switch{ unlikely but hopefull}, then seal the hole we drill and plug with a super tight smooth plug, and add super stong magnets spaced along back of bowtie{ which now has the adhesive tape} so we can pull it off if needed to access the hole to manual open trunk..will get more into it next week, and let everyone klnow what we come up with
Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #108
laditee

Quote:
my tv is mounted in the trunk lid, real issue with that...the verts have a key in the back seat that allows the manual release as the verts don,t have a folding back seat...but the cable would be very long and could prove to be a challenge...we are gonna pull the shop camaro latch out and take a look at what we can do...i have tons of electrial in my trunk-ps3-tv-2 batteries 2 nos tanks-invertor amps and much more ,dropped trunk pan with a 2 gallon fuel cell..last thing i need is some sort of electrical fire that shorts out my trunk release with no way to open trunk and put out any possible fire{ worse case scenario} but u get my drift...have noticed that the bowtie on trunk lid is directly in front of latch...we use some super strong magnets for special applications...my hope is to be able to drill a hole behind the bowtie and be able to use some sort of tool to pop trunk or add a recessed key switch{ unlikely but hopefull}, then seal the hole we drill and plug with a super tight smooth plug, and add super stong magnets spaced along back of bowtie{ which now has the adhesive tape} so we can pull it off if needed to access the hole to manual open trunk..will get more into it next week, and let everyone klnow what we come up with
Thats funny I thought about the bowtie being in there somewhere but im not as technically knowledgeable as u guys are so i'll sit back and hope for ur suggestions lol...definitely keep me tuned...very interested
Old 04-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #109
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
Quote:
Not a bad idea either. If the magnets dont hold (since its on the outside of the vehicle wind, blah. blah...) you could try the "christmas tree" type plastic push pins also.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #110
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
I wish I had that in my trunk! Looks awesome and I know it must sound awesome as well.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #111
laditee

Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
I wish I had that in my trunk! Looks awesome and I know it must sound awesome as well.
It sounds amazing...thank u khislop its one of my favorite mods
Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #112
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Since mine is not a daily driver accidently let my battery die. Under that circumstance found myself crawling throug the trunk.

Possibility of making a pull wire from the inards of device and snaking it out of site around back seat?? Being a latch mechanism would think just needs a pull line?
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote