The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #29
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta run away from it all.....for as long as possible!
Amen.

If I had kids the g8 would be my top pick for a car. Go GM!
Hyperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #30
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen75 View Post
ok so lets bring the holden ute to the states to and get the el camino back in action. anyone agree with me on that move? i hear it is actually in the works.
They are! :eek:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/02/...ino-to-return/
Hyperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #31
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
There's strong temptation for me to want to get a G8, four doors and hot rod performance for cheap... come on now!!! We'll see though, I'll take one for a spin when they get here.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #32
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

One question: is the 6.0 V8 in the G8 the LS2 in the Vette???
Old 02-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #33
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
yup... its in the cts-v and the trailblazer ss as well
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #34
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen75 View Post
yup... its in the cts-v and the trailblazer ss as well
Thanks dude! I'm refining my knowledge of the GM family tree of engines.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:02 PM   #35
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Review of the Commodore SS V by Autoexpress

Quote:
British drivers are a tough bunch to please – high standards and unique road conditions mean that some of the world’s best regarded performance cars have flopped here.

It sounds fantastic and is a punchy performer, yet happy to potter along quietly in sixth at 70mph, barely ticking over

But there are exceptions to the rule – Vauxhall, for example, got it right with its Aussie born-and-bred Monaro coupé. The V8 machine re-established the marque as a serious purveyor of muscle cars, and paved the way for the VXR brand’s launch. Flushed with success, the firm is trying again, but this time the thunder from Down Under set to wear the Griffin badge will be based on the new Holden Commodore SS V.

On its launch in Oz, the new car got rave reviews, but will it meet our expectations when it arrives wearing the VXR moniker from March? We hit the road to find out. There’s no doubt there are some major differences bet-ween the Monaro and Commodore. The first is the number of doors.

The Commodore is a saloon, and a very spacious and fine-looking one it is, too. There’s loads of room for five passengers, and the boot is massive.

With a sporty short front overhang, steeply raked windscreen and bulging wheelarches, the Holden has an aggressive stance. From the rear, it also looks pretty mean, thanks to a big – although not absurd – wing and four tailpipes. Underneath, a diffuser completes the package.

Inside, it’s even more brash, with black leather seats and an orange dash. The doors are lined in tasteful black leather and the orange instruments look cool, too. But it all goes wrong after that. Some of the plastics feel brittle and are old-fashioned, and it’s not special enough for a range-topper.

However, as with the Monaro, you won’t be buying the Commodore for its interior – it what’s under the bonnet that counts. And you won’t be disappointed. The unit, which is tucked back as near to the driver as possible to improve weight distribution, is the same all-alloy engine as in the Corvette C6.

It sounds fantastic and is a punchy performer, yet happy to potter along quietly in sixth at 70mph, barely ticking over. However, drop a couple of gears and it’s like poking an irritable lion in the eye. There is more of a bellow than a roar, and even at high revs, it’s never coarse. The six-speed gearbox has well spaced ratios, although with 530Nm of torque on offer, you can take second gear corners in third and barely notice the difference in pulling power.

Unfortunately, when it comes to the ride, the Commodore is found wanting. Larger bumps jar the cabin, and it feels unsettled at low speeds on anything other than a flat surface. The steering doesn’t offer enough feedback to make the most of twisty roads either, although the car is still surprisingly agile for its size. Smooth surfaces and long, fast curves are where it feels most settled and impressive.

And then there’s the value card, as Vauxhall is planning to offer it for around £35,000. If you like your cars loud and proud, want a super-saloon that’s not German and can live with a bit of cheap trim, the Commodore could be the motor for you.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...commodore.html
Old 02-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #36
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
i am liking the sounds coming from austrialia. someone let ford and dodge know that there is a storm coming.
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:08 AM   #37
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT

Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 AM   #38
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
Hmmm, might be the new family car =P

/Camaro is MINE =D
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:09 PM   #39
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=63489

Holla!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:31 PM   #40
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
G8

What do you guys know about the G8, I want rumors, facts...ideas (kept to a minimum )

I'm doing some research and comparative analysis between Camaro and G8, since the media has been linking them...And I need more facts.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #41
frodo

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
I know you said to keep roumors to a minimum, but I hear that it's gonna have four doors.

frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:02 PM   #42
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Zeta platform.

I crack myself up.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote