The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes

Old 12-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #43
Itzafig

Drives: 2009 CGM Vert; 2014 NRBM Vert
71 - NRB w/black wheels. Young uns only. Hmmmph!
Attached Images

Itzafig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #44
bowtie440

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT Coupe
I may have to do an about-face regarding black wheels

My Arctic White 1LT arrived this morning and, so far, I have to admit that I am quite pleased with how the white car looks with the base painted silver wheels.
bowtie440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #45
Second Vette

Drives: 2011 Mustang
I may end up with a CGM Z51 Coupe next week. Still dickering on price.

It has the Painted Wheels, but I will be getting them Powder Coated as soon as possible. The Car has Carbon Flash Mirrors and Spoiler, so I think the Black Wheels will really set it off.

I should know Monday if the deal will be going through. Fingers crossed.
Second Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #46
Tprefo

Drives: 2012 GS Conv and 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stcorvette View Post
Could some of you that ordered black wheels please tell me why you did so?

I realize it's just a personal preference, but it seems to be very popular. I personally don't get it. Maybe it's an age thing? I'm 66 and ordered chrome, but my 30 year old son thinks the blacked out wheels look "gangsta". I'm too old to be that trendy.

I know we all love this car for its performance capabilities so black wheels or chrome for that matter don't help, so it must just be for the "look". I haven't looked at a lot of performance cars, i.e., Porsche, Mercedes, Bugatti, etc. so can someone that owns them tell me if they got black wheels on them?

Maybe some of you guys, or girls, can chime in and shed some light on this issue as to why you got them and what age bracket you're in. That would be interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want to ruffle any feathers, I'm just saying to each his own, but they aren't gonna be on my C7. Either way I know we all are going to be enjoying them.
I'm a chrome guy. I have chrome on mine think it looks great. Love the black rims, just wouldn't want them. Maybe because I'm a clean freak and I want to be able to tell when they're clean???? LOL Who knows. I also love the look of bright chrome. Totally personal choice.
Tprefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #47
Tprefo

Drives: 2012 GS Conv and 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
to that!

Amen brother !
Tprefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #48
CAvetteman

Drives: 2014 C7 Stringray LT2
Black wheels

I know the indecision of committing to the factory black wheels. I was in the same boat. I decided to go with the standard wheels and decide later. I received my car in mid October with the standard wheels (they look pretty awesome). I have since taken it to a local highly respected paint shop. They are going to paint my wheels and my removable roof panel black for $420.00. This is a lot less expensive than the Factory price. I still may put on chrome wheels down the road
CAvetteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #49
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
because the theme of my car is "keep it simple" in black (and carbon flash) and white.

Arctic White, CF mirrors, spoiler and top and of course.... black wheels.

Pretty simple.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #50
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I just think black wheels make a car look sporty.

I hate chrome on newer cars. I think it makes the car look cheap, since most "chrome" nowadays is just shiny plastic.

I have a 1959 Edsel, and old cars like that are the only cars that look good with chrome. Back when chrome really was chrome.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #51
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I just think black wheels make a car look sporty.

I hate chrome on newer cars. I think it makes the car look cheap, since most "chrome" nowadays is just shiny plastic.

I have a 1959 Edsel, and old cars like that are the only cars that look good with chrome. Back when chrome really was chrome.
Black wheels look dirty and industrial
Chrome looks cheap

Polished alloy looks right....

All my opin , of course.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:38 PM   #52
Anton103081

Drives: 2005 C6, waiting for C7 stingray
Black wheels

I am 32 and have always despised the look of black wheels but I bought a yellow z51 with the transparent roof , black wheels, black calipers, and the black mirrors/spoiler. Chrome would have looked silly! I had originally ordered a black car with painted roof. But until I drove out to the show in Carlisle and saw how wicked the yellow with all the black accents was.....it blew my mind I had to change my order.
Anton103081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #53
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton103081 View Post
I am 32 and have always despised the look of black wheels but I bought a yellow z51 with the transparent roof , black wheels, black calipers, and the black mirrors/spoiler. Chrome would have looked silly! I had originally ordered a black car with painted roof. But until I drove out to the show in Carlisle and saw how wicked the yellow with all the black accents was.....it blew my mind I had to change my order.
Yep... agreed. I would never have bought black wheels until the C7. They look great on this car and are the best (IMO only) choice for any of the light colors like red, white, yellow, silver.
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #54
zimm888

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Agree, pure black wheels I thought looked gross before seeing the C7 with the black accents. Now personally, I wouldn't get my arctic white without black wheels. Maybe deep chrome lip with black centers would be pretty 'gangsta' lol
zimm888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #55
CaptainChet

Drives: 2010 Corvette Coupe -Black
When (if) I get a C7, I'm going to get one just like this! And I never like white nor black wheels but this is just stunning...imho.

--

--

CaptainChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #56
Jaymedic44

Drives: C7 z51 3lt white/red
Wow that is nice. I just don't like black wheels but that is a great looking car!!
Jaymedic44 is offline   Reply With Quote