The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

Old 06-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
bluec5

Drives: 1999 Corvette, 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
Nice Surprise

I have been hoping to get a live look at the Laguna Blue C7 for quite some time as I placed my order for this color based soley on the images I have found on the web. Well, went to Skyline in Troy, Ohio today for lunch and guess what I found. A Laguna Blue C7 on its way to the NCM. My lucky day and I made the right color choice.
A special thanks to Harlan for his patience with me; clearly a great guy.
Attached Images

bluec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Nice looking ride- you're lucky to have caught him.
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Brick Man

Drives: Silver Swede
Ugh, this makes it tough!

I thought I has settled on Crystal Red Metallic, however, this blue sure looks nice...

I guess I will just have to buy several new 'Vettes, one for each color that I like!
Brick Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
bluec5

I was very lucky. They were just about to leave as I pulled up. I really appreciate that he took the time to show me the car. I thank my son for suggesting we go to Skyline for lunch.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
bluec5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Man View Post
I thought I has settled on Crystal Red Metallic, however, this blue sure looks nice...

I guess I will just have to buy several new 'Vettes, one for each color that I like!
That is the spirit, you can never have too many Corvettes.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
lucky. what was your impression in person compared to pictures?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
bluec5

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
lucky. what was your impression in person compared to pictures?
Photos do not do this car justice in my opinion. The lines of the body and the color play together in a way you cannot appreciate without seeing it in person. I have always felt that you could not beat the styling of the C2, but I think I have a new favorite. I was also concerned that the rear was too busy, but I was wrong. I think it is perfect especially with the larger tips of the NPP exhaust. I have normally not been impresses with factory wheels with the exception if the 2008 split spike, but these wheels are styled to complement the car nicely. Wish my budget would accommodate the Z51 option with the chrome wheels. Lastly, while I did not sit in the car, the interior was very nice as well. I was impressed that he was able to stow the top while carrying a boot full of luggage. I cannot wait for mine to arrive. I am now completely OK with having sold my Nassau Blue 99 to buy this car.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
Frankster80

Drives: 2010 Nissan Frontier
BLUEC5 - I too also ordered the blue just based on the pictures from the internet, however I am not as lucky to have seen one in person. Your thoughts on it confirms to me that I also made a good choice. It appears that the interior is grey, is this correct, and how did it look with the blue? I went with the grey interior as well, and splurged a little and got the black rims to top it all off!
Frankster80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #9
bluec5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster80 View Post
BLUEC5 - I too also ordered the blue just based on the pictures from the internet, however I am not as lucky to have seen one in person. Your thoughts on it confirms to me that I also made a good choice. It appears that the interior is grey, is this correct, and how did it look with the blue? I went with the grey interior as well, and splurged a little and got the black rims to top it all off!
It did have the grey interior and I thought it looked really good with the Laguna Blue; almost enough to change my order. I ordered the Kalahari interior.
My C5 had the Platinum interior and I wanted something differ this time. I hope I am as pleased with the interior as I was the exterior.
I think you will be very happy with your choices.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #10
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
My order is currently in for a black interior in my black car.. im worried that I will hate the lack of contrast. I haven't seen any of the grey interior pictures. Do you have any other photos of the interior? I'd love to see it. I didn't have the money to go 2LT for the Kalahari interior, and the red seems a little too ostentatious for me.
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
Frankster80

Drives: 2010 Nissan Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluec5 View Post
It did have the grey interior and I thought it looked really good with the Laguna Blue; almost enough to change my order. I ordered the Kalahari interior.
My C5 had the Platinum interior and I wanted something differ this time. I hope I am as pleased with the interior as I was the exterior.
I think you will be very happy with your choices.
Thanks, much appreciated! The anticipation is killing me
Frankster80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
bluec5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
My order is currently in for a black interior in my black car.. im worried that I will hate the lack of contrast. I haven't seen any of the grey interior pictures. Do you have any other photos of the interior? I'd love to see it. I didn't have the money to go 2LT for the Kalahari interior, and the red seems a little too ostentatious for me.
Sorry, I do not have any other photos of the interior. IMHO the interior looks better with the contrasting colors. I think the black would look great with red seats. I had actually considered the red seats for mine, but decided I really did not want to deal with the inevitable superman references.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #13
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluec5 View Post
Sorry, I do not have any other photos of the interior. IMHO the interior looks better with the contrasting colors. I think the black would look great with red seats. I had actually considered the red seats for mine, but decided I really did not want to deal with the inevitable superman references.
I went ahead and got the red interior. My custom plates I just ordered are SKYWLKR, and my wife's say AMIDALA, so I welcome any references made lol.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #14
bluec5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
I went ahead and got the red interior. My custom plates I just ordered are SKYWLKR, and my wife's say AMIDALA, so I welcome any references made lol.
I think you will be very happy with this combo. Can't wait to see photos of your Starfighter.