Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #15
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Drinking and driving sucks. Had a few friends die because of this (got hit by the drunks). Makes me so angry.

And the drunk always tends to live...

Few years ago I saw a guy flip his truck drunk and I went to court as a witness. I was hoping that he was going to jail. Turns out it was his 4th DUI and he got off with community service and 45 days in lock up. Our system is broken
Had a cousin die because of it too. Sucks that ppl don't get punished for such stupid actions.
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #16
STL20102SS

Drives: SW 2010 2SS/RS
They should get punished as if they just walked up to a person with a gun and pulled the trigger.
2010 Summit White 2SS/RS M6: Injen longtube cold air intake, Borla S-Type cat-back exhaust, Tint, White painted rear diffuser, Red powder-coated Brembo calipers, New Era Performance ported throttle body, BMR 1" lowering springs, Hotchkis Chassis Max Strut Tower Brace, Red hash stripes, Vossen Matte Graphite/Machined CV5's
STL20102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #17
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
Do they get jail time?
He killed 4 people, it was his 3rd DUI and he got 2 years. 2 YEARS!!!! My cousin and her friends car stalled at a tollbooth and the driver got out and popped the hood while 4 girls (one being my 19 yr old cousin) sat in the car. Well long story short out of all the open lanes the drunk decided to chose the same lane and slammed into the back of the car, buckling the doors and igniting the gas tank. The girls burnt to death inside that car. The guy heard the car coming and jumped out of the way just in time. He couldnt rescue the girls bc the car was engulfed in flames but says he could hear them screaming :(
Old 02-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #18
Jenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
He killed 4 people, it was his 3rd DUI and he got 2 years. 2 YEARS!!!! My cousin and her friends car stalled at a tollbooth and the driver got out and popped the hood while 4 girls (one being my 19 yr old cousin) sat in the car. Well long story short out of all the open lanes the drunk decided to chose the same lane and slammed into the back of the car, buckling the doors and igniting the gas tank. The girls burnt to death inside that car. The guy heard the car coming and jumped out of the way just in time. He couldnt rescue the girls bc the car was engulfed in flames but says he could hear them screaming :(
That's terrible. Sorry to hear that. Why was that person driving after 2 DUIs? I guess they do it cause the punishment isn't half as sever as it should be.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #19
sean90

Drives: 2014 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
The thread title says it all.

Maybe we should develop technology that disables the safety equipment of a car when the driver is drunk. That way, if you're dumb enough to drive drunk and want to kill people you die too.
Or tech that just disables the car that way no one dies, lol...
sean90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #20
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
If that woman in the Camaro survived that, then these cars are built extremely safe! R.I.P to those lost. :(
ya Camaro driver survived
Old 02-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #21
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:

Maybe we should develop technology that disables the safety equipment of a car when the driver is drunk. That way, if you're dumb enough to drive drunk and want to kill people you die too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean90 View Post
Or tech that just disables the car that way no one dies, lol...
Tech exists that requires a breath test before the vehicle will start, the problem is that you have have repeat offenses of DUI in order to be ordered to have it on your vehicle. .

requiring it to be installed on all vehicles would be a violation of our civil rights (I say that with the upmost distain because so many other rights are violated regularly that don't result in the death of innocent people).

what IMO would be a start is technology that won't allow a vehicle to enter a freeway going the wrong way, in this case it appears she got on an off ramp, how hard would it be to install those tire puncture systems on all off ramps you know the ones that some "exit only" driveways have?

perhaps in conduction with camera that get activated if someone enters the wrong way and even a bollard that raises and blocks the path of drive (though that could create a problem for the exiting people).

it's obvious that completely stopping idiots like this is to a point beyond reality, like anything if someone is set on doing it their isn't much you can do to stop them.

I was hit by a DUI in 1991, I was lucky to survive, my first wife was killed by a DUI 17 days after our wedding, and 21 days after she graduated from college in 2001..

I've lost 3 cousins and 2 friends to DUIs as well.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #22
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Very sad wen I heard about this this morning
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #23
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
So sad. It took me like 15 seconds to find the camaro in that mess. Its unrecognizable. The passengers had no chance at those speeds.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #24
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Terrible. Driving is probably one of the most dangerous things we do on a regular basis.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #25
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
That's terrible. Sorry to hear that. Why was that person driving after 2 DUIs? I guess they do it cause the punishment isn't half as sever as it should be.
Good damn question...
Old 02-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #26
Jenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
Tech exists that requires a breath test before the vehicle will start, the problem is that you have have repeat offenses of DUI in order to be ordered to have it on your vehicle. .

requiring it to be installed on all vehicles would be a violation of our civil rights (I say that with the upmost distain because so many other rights are violated regularly that don't result in the death of innocent people).

what IMO would be a start is technology that won't allow a vehicle to enter a freeway going the wrong way, in this case it appears she got on an off ramp, how hard would it be to install those tire puncture systems on all off ramps you know the ones that some "exit only" driveways have?

perhaps in conduction with camera that get activated if someone enters the wrong way and even a bollard that raises and blocks the path of drive (though that could create a problem for the exiting people).

it's obvious that completely stopping idiots like this is to a point beyond reality, like anything if someone is set on doing it their isn't much you can do to stop them.

I was hit by a DUI in 1991, I was lucky to survive, my first wife was killed by a DUI 17 days after our wedding, and 21 days after she graduated from college in 2001..

I've lost 3 cousins and 2 friends to DUIs as well.
That's really smart, that's where tax dollar should go to. Sorry about your losses
Old 02-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #27
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
horrible wife got hit head on by a drunk who ran a stop sign.. yeah drinking n driving should be way more jail time.. the drunk who hit my wife got zero jail time even after his 2 d offense.. he damn near killed her...
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #28
MattyDaddy

Drives: 2012 Red SS/RS
Quote:

Interesting POV.. although, I've noticed many many times, the drunk person is the only one to walk away from a major accident.

Tags
accident