Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #29
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Sorry to see the damage to your car. It does look totaled. Hopefully you have good insurance and will get another one, but it's still sad.

It's also sad to see that a few self righteous members took this opportunity to make their stupid little comments about your driving ability or what you might or might not have done with your traction control. That's a crappy thing to do.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #30
ubrimah
Oreo

Drives: Summit White LT/RS A6
At least the other Camaro driver stopped to check on you. Or maybe the car

Old 03-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #31
Runawayhacker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post
Sorry to see the damage to your car. It does look totaled. Hopefully you have good insurance and will get another one, but it's still sad.

It's also sad to see that a few self righteous members took this opportunity to make their stupid little comments about your driving ability or what you might or might not have done with your traction control. That's a crappy thing to do.
It's ok, I know I deserve it. If this is what it takes for me not to drive like an ass, then "so be it" I suppose. I'm just kinda worried about all the paperwork and if I will even be able to get back into another Camaro...
Old 03-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #32
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post

Sadly, I've seen a lot of this. Most of the time, the folks in these types of accidents have just learned a very hard, painful lesson. While we definitlely need to keep the word out that driving agressively on the street is a very poor idea, I think the pictures of wadded up Camaros get that point across much more clearly than scolding the drivers.

Not that we should give them a pat on the back or anything, but personally, I'm just thankful that the OP isn't physically injured, and that nobody else was injured in the incident.

Also, major props to the other Camaro driver for stopping to check on the OP. Good lookin out.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #33
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Sorry to see this, glad that your physically ok and also glad to see no one else was involved. Thanks for being forthright about what happened and why and your feelings in the aftermath..............all will be ok in time.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #34
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Looks like you were showing off to a V6. If that was me in the 6 I would of laughed.

On a serious note... Glad you're safe.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #35
kobSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
wet road with TC off is no bueno... We all make mistakes. Glad you're o.k.
Pfadt'ed Out Level 4, Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers, Pfadt ZL1 Sways, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, CTS-V Brakes, Borla S-Type, Quad Tips, Forgestar 22" F14's (Show), CAI Intake w/ scoop, Rx Catch-Can, AAC Lighting, Showstopper Sidemarkers

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age"

Build Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #36
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenJ View Post
Done - Even if the insurance company decided to fix it, I would take the insurance proceeds & trade it in, that thing is a MESS.
Pretty much what I thought as well. Sorry for your loss, but at least you are not injured, much easier to replace a car.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #37
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Just glad you are OK.

The car can be fixed or replaced.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #38
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
did you get cited with a racing ticket of some sort? I'm not sure how the cop sees your car like that with another camaro right behind you and doesn't get the itch to call it like he sees it.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #39
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runawayhacker View Post
Actually, that's probably an optical illusion you are seeing. The yellow on the door is actually a reflection of the tree. The gap in the door jam is also an illusion. That's the mirror hanging down.

Yes, I did have traction control off. For the life of me, I cannot remember why I did that. Normally, I never drive with it off.

Ill add more pics as soon as I get them. you can see the other Camaro in the background. great guy was the only one to pull over and check on me after I made an ass of myself.
I know exactly what happened to you..... you got a flash back to when you were 20 and superman thats what really happened.....

I have become a strong believer in keeping things like traction control and stability control on for regular driving. I know some people who turn it off and act like its a insult to their driving ability (insecure people). However I would be more hurt about totaling a nice car then I am about having my driving skills put in question.

Each airbag alone is probably about $2,000 to replace it so its possibly totaled (and for the best).
Old 03-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #40
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Totaled. Period.

Glad you're okay though!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #41
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Next time get the rs package and don't drive hard on wet pavement. These cars have too much power for driving hard on even damp roads.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #42
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
Glad you are ok!!!! and that sucks :( i feel your pain, these damn fat in the ass cars!!! once you get the ass out to a certain point, it just keeps going into a full 180 and nothing you can do will stop it once you get to far, and in these cars its so easy to get to far cause of all the weight!!

i explain it to my friends/people that its like a baseball bat, once it gets so far sideways it just follows through and swings all the way around... hate this happend to you and for the over correcting. mistakes happen, chances are if you did this once you will want to do it again so i say practice in non populated areas or a track and get comfortable with how these cars react before trying it again!! or remember this incident and what goes along with it to try and hold back from future mishaps!
and i hope you get another camaro!!

Closed Thread

Tags
accident, crash, wreck