Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-30-2024, 08:22 PM   #99
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSue View Post
Its a crazy world we now live in. One where critical thinking and common sense are considered "unhinged"! I never really listened to Rush much, but The Algore is funny!! James could benefit by turning off CNN, MSNBC, FB and TikTok.
I don't know whether to find your comment ironic, funny, or sad. You pat yourself on the back believing that your "critical thinking" and "common sense" are enough to make you qualified expert to determine what is causing something as enormous and technically complicated worldwide climate change. Guess, what? It doesn't and you aren't.

You are completely ignoring or ignorant to the conclusions of scientists who have studied many years and dedicated their careers (often in relatively poor paying jobs) to being an expert in a particular area of science. The ones studying how factory, automobile, aerosol emissions into the atmosphere (greenhouse gases) impact the earth's air temperature and ice ages and thaws have been doing at least as far back as the 80s or 90s. They've been taking ice core samples from the poles (Antarctica) that tell a history of atmosphere C02 and other gas concentrations going back millions of years; and they've been able to put this alongside records of ice build up and thawing to understand that when CO2 (and other greenhouse gas concentrations) go up, air temps increase, and ice melts. Wait... there's a more! CO2 levels prior to human industrial activity were relatively stable with average air temps that moved with reasonably tight up down variation.
But ever since the EU and US industrial revolutions, CO2 levels and worldwide average air temps have been climbing and over the last 20+ years have been higher than any time in history (going back millions of years). So yes, it appears humans are contributing to global warming and the climate change we are now experiencing.

We're not getting this info from TIC-TOC and MSNBC as you like to imply, but rather published science journal articles and shows on PBS. And the scientists have been raising this concern as early as the early 2000s, but few people have cared to listen. Just because you aren't aware of it or only recently have seen this info for the first on-line doesn't mean the science or relationship is fabricated.

Try opening your" mind a bit more. If you were the guy who designed the LT1 engine and told me (someone who doesn't know how to design engines) I should use XYZ weight oil because you did testing and learned that what works best, I'd trust that you know what you are talking about because you're the expert. I wouldn't tell you that you're biased and "I'll use my common sense and instead choose oil ABC".
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 08:48 PM   #100
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Lecturing adults and talking down to them like they’re 5 year olds is a great way to get them to listen to you.

Holy smokes Batman.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 09:02 PM   #101
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
Lecturing adults and talking down to them like they’re 5 year olds is a great way to get them to listen to you.

Holy smokes Batman.
The two of you have already been talking down to me. I tried the route of mutual respect the last go around and I received disrespect in return.

I'll exit this conversation as it appears that you only want to consider info that support your opinions.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 09:35 PM   #102
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
I'll just assume you aren't aware. The US government pays trillions to US oil companies to make gasoline cheaper for you at the pump. Just like they do with milk and other consumer goods.

So when mentioning subsidies for EV's and charging we should also fairly call out subsidies for gasoline and oil companies, if we're maintaining objectivity.
I was going to explain to him start-up costs and new technology where there is no existing infrastructure, but I knew it would be lost. A lot, not all, of how we get new better things is due to government investment, subsidies, DARPA, etc. There are cases where civilian investors will not or cannot fund stuff...so the government does...ultimately we benefit. The classic issue is that certain things take a lot of capital investment.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 09:52 PM   #103
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I was going to explain to him start-up costs and new technology where there is no existing infrastructure, but I knew it would be lost. A lot, not all, of how we get new better things is due to government investment, subsidies, DARPA, etc. There are cases where civilian investors will not or cannot fund stuff...so the government does...ultimately we benefit. The classic issue is that certain things take a lot of capital investment.
Fortunately for us , the Federal Government never runs out of our money. Over $33,000,0000,000,000 and counting.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 09:54 PM   #104
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Fortunately for us , the Federal Government never runs out of our money. Over $33,000,0000,000,000 and counting.
We have the best hypersonic nuclear powered stealth tanks in the world.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 01-30-2024, 10:17 PM   #105
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
It's lost. But it's ironic, all of us are on easily affordable devices connected to a communication system that spans the earth and beyond, all unimaginable 100 years ago. I guess all of that appeared out of thin air one day.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 10:37 PM   #106
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
It's lost. But it's ironic, all of us are on easily affordable devices connected to a communication system that spans the earth and beyond, all unimaginable 100 years ago. I guess all of that appeared out of thin air one day.
Yep, classic example. It's taken a LONG time to get to private space companies building rockets and sending up satellites. It still relies on a lot of government investment in infrastructure, but we didn't get to this point with companies competing in the private sector, we got here with decades of funding NASA and NASA working government contracts and so on. They pioneered the technology, the math, the procedures, every part of it, so that companies today aren't starting at zero. I have a friend that does government oversight for private space launches. It's exciting stuff. It's finally in a place where private companies are able to reliably launch satellites into the sky, and I'm not just talking about Space X, there are a dozen or more smaller companies doing it all the time that you don't hear about...but the amount of government investment to get us to satellite communications, navigation and everything else is huge. Stuff that we just take for granted now.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 02-01-2024, 12:28 AM   #107
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
This is an interesting topic, and I admit I only read the first post. But tomorrow when I have more time I will read the entire thread. These ICE, EV, Hybrid threads are a great read. This one I'm sure will deliver as well.

That said, just my personal opinion, if something like this came into being I wouldn't care whatsoever. I never really cared for speeding excessively, though I have in the past countless times.

I mostly like just cruising, but I love the hell out of getting to 60 as fast as humanly possible. Then when I drive 100 percent of the time I don't go over 10 mph over the limit.

I'd be fine with it. Only problem I see is if there's an emergency or trying to get out a road rage incident, which I've experienced in the past. Other than that I wouldn't care.

But the point is moot. Somebody will figure out how to tune this out and make it irrelevant. Till the next inspection yearly, that is.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 05:12 AM   #108
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
10 mph over limit is liberal crazyness. Maybe 120 mph limit. I don't care what they do in liberal heaven, Cali.
Old 02-01-2024, 05:45 AM   #109
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
At some point it'll all just be applied over the wire. "These EV's accelerate too fast. We need to stop this. It creates additional charging needs which strains the grid and other resources."

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 10:05 AM   #110
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas1ss View Post
Only problem I see is if there's an emergency or trying to get out a road rage incident, which I've experienced in the past. Other than that I wouldn't care.
This is basically the reason cars don't come with software to keep the RPMs below 4K for the first 1500 miles. They could easily do it, but in an emergency you might need that acceleration to clear something and prevent an accident, engine break-in be dammed.

I see chances of this as described being about zero.

But the flip side is that US drives get worse and worse, more and more fatalities/accidents. People don't want to drive, they want to paly with their phone the whole time, which even on a site like this is a majority of people. Big phone-mounts on dashes and people holding phones as they drive. People want auto-driving and limits like this imposed, because the other options are more rigorous training/testing and enforcement and no one wants to pay for or have that. It's all fine when you think you are the best driver in the world, but then the person that thinks they are the best driver in the world would never support that in voting, etc. Unless a reasonable compromise can be reached, it seems to be marching this way towards more control and safeguards, because we ain't got money or time to do it "the right way".

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 02-01-2024, 11:11 AM   #111
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
This is basically the reason cars don't come with software to keep the RPMs below 4K for the first 1500 miles. They could easily do it, but in an emergency you might need that acceleration to clear something and prevent an accident, engine break-in be dammed.

I see chances of this as described being about zero.

But the flip side is that US drives get worse and worse, more and more fatalities/accidents. People don't want to drive, they want to paly with their phone the whole time, which even on a site like this is a majority of people. Big phone-mounts on dashes and people holding phones as they drive. People want auto-driving and limits like this imposed, because the other options are more rigorous training/testing and enforcement and no one wants to pay for or have that. It's all fine when you think you are the best driver in the world, but then the person that thinks they are the best driver in the world would never support that in voting, etc. Unless a reasonable compromise can be reached, it seems to be marching this way towards more control and safeguards, because we ain't got money or time to do it "the right way".
The new Z06 does this. Limits RPM to 6,600 for the first 500 miles
Old 02-01-2024, 11:32 AM   #112
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
I'm not a fan of hybrids for the additional complexity. The performance application is there for sure and it's good for some fuel savings if you're after that. But the consumer is on the hook for both systems and their integration if/when work is needed. And the "EV" part is usually short-changed, a secondary propulsion system. But if this is what gets ev-haters off the couch, then something is better than nothing.

BEV's are in an interesting space right now. A little Volvo C40 twin has over 400hp and almost 500 lb-ft torque. A blob-shaped, off-the-shelf BMW iX has 516hp and 564 lb-ft. 15 years ago, this was Corvette Z06+ level power. More and more people are getting their hands on vehicles with extreme performance just by way of purchasing an EV. The next decade should be really interesting on our roads.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote