Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 01-29-2017, 04:18 PM   #1
GForensic

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT California Special
Help Requested....Seriously Considering a 2017 SS

Hello All,

Looking for a little help. To try and make a long story short I recently moved from Connecticut to South Carolina on a job transfer. I currently own a 2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT California Special with only a little over a 1000 miles (yes only 1000….lol) which is currently sitting back in Connecticut until we sell our house. I am seriously considering a 2017 SS in either Hyper Blue or the 50th package, which I really like. As much as I love my mustang the Camaro has been really tempting especially after owning three corvettes (all Z06’s..used of course). I have been buying cars for a long time so I know there are better times than others to buy and I also know that trading in is never a good idea unless you are willing to take a big hit or have a good deal on the other end to offset the loss. I also know there are better dealers than others (such as Becky at Rodgers on this site) so I’m not afraid to buy nationally.

My few questions are these. What do you guys and gals think would be a good time to consider a 2017 (I’m not paying anything near MSRP) to get a good deal? I’ve been reading about many good deals on this site but I know that each one has it’s own circumstance. And second, I am assuming it might be better trying to sell the car outright down here in SC being a warm weather state versus Connecticut.

Any input on this would be most helpful. I test drove a 2016 Camaro SS before buying the mustang and what held me back the most was the reduced visibility and lack of trunk space as well as liking the mustang interior better. BUT I love the fact that the Camaro has the LT1 and quite honestly it was a much better driver and that exhaust is just killer with the NPP although I do have a nice magnaflow street on the GT.

I’d also love to know anyone who came from the mustang and what your thoughts are now that you have a Camaro.

Thanks!!!
Steve
GForensic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
You're in a tough spot. After having carefully considering the SS and the GT, you chose the GT. Now you have buyer's remorse and want the SS. It will be fairly expensive to you no matter what since Ford released the details of the 18 GT. Your car won't have much value. I wish you the best, but your trade in will be low. Can you sell the car outright? Owe anything on it?
Old 01-29-2017, 07:21 PM   #3
GForensic

Thanks for the reply!

I do owe on it but I also bought it on the "A Plan" which saved me about 5K off of sticker so hopefully the hit won't be as bad and the car is loaded so hopefully that will help. I would most likely sell it outright as that would be the better money although if it is too much of a hit then I'll stay with the GT for a while. In the meantime if it doesn't work out I know the Camaro will only get better and better as time goes on so at some point it will happen but hopefully sooner rather than later.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:32 PM   #4
Kramer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Hey Steve, I traded my 2015 mustang GT PP for a 2016 Camaro SS last October. I didn't have a lot of equity in mine, but I waited and watch for Chevy to offer big discounts. In October they were offering 20% off MSRP before I even walked in the door. The downside though is there is limited inventory. I was fortunate to find the one I wanted, but I did have to travel about 60 miles. I have about 5K miles on the Camaro and NO regrets.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:25 PM   #5
GForensic

Hi Kramer,

That was sort of my thought is to wait until Chevy starts throwing some good deals even if its year end. While a good point was made about the 2018 model year for mustang coming soon there seems to be a lot of people who don't like the refresh so maybe they would be interested in a car like mine which has super low mileage and in mint condition. I also have a Ford Taurus as a beater so if I can unload my mustang now for a decent return then I could drive that until the right deal comes along on the SS.

The first thing to do though is figure out which state would be the best to try and sell it in. The Camaro can come at anytime as I am in no rush to get one. Although it's a mild winter here in SC so it makes it tough especially when I see them on the road now.

Good things come to those who wait....but hopefully not too long.....lol.

Enjoy your car!!

Thanks!!
Old 01-29-2017, 08:28 PM   #6
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
You wont have much luck getting a steal on a 50th. They are getting scarcer I hear.
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:30 PM   #7
GForensic

Homer,

Are they only building a certain amount of the fifty SS or will it be as many as people order?

Thanks!!
Old 01-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #8
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
I could not state factually - but best guess is when they run out of the different bits - they will stop. I think I heard April was the targeted cutoff date - but I know dealers are running thin and ordering "might" not get you one?

Im sure someone here knows better than I..
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:23 PM   #9
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
Buy it... You'll love, it... End of story