Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Congrats to all you loyal Camaro fans..

It sure is great news that the Camaro will be back, and man is it going to be a looking ride.

I've owned a couple of 4th gen Camaro's, at the moment there's no Camaro in my garage but you never know what might happen in the future. I'm going to keep an eye on this forum more for a friend of mine, he lives in Alabama ( that's where my wife and I have our winter home ) and believe it or not he and his wife don't own or want a computer in there house.....and I thought I lived in the DARK AGE.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi.

Al
Old 08-29-2006, 07:27 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Hey Al!

How have you been?! I used to talk to you on the old SLP board. You owned the 'Hot Rod' edition Camaro, and then I believe you got a Prowler, if I remember correctly!?

Anyway, good to see you around again!!!

Ed
Old 08-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
DARK AGE 53

Hi Ed,

Oh yes, the good old days over at the SLP forum.

I once owned a 99 SS as well as a 02 Berger Hot Rod, in between I owned the Prowler. Today I'm really not sure if I'll get another Camaro, that's not because I didn't enjoy them but because I never drove them...I already have two cars that sit.

The friend in Alabama is really looking forward to the Camaro being built, I'm guessing he'll have a year to wait after they produce the first Camaro's..... he want's a covertible which probably won't happen at the begining.

Later,
Al
Old 08-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #4
Moose

Al,

From what I've heard, once production begins, the 'vert will become available that same year, just later in the year.

And I can sympathize about not driving the cars. On occassion the thought crossed my mind to sell the SS as it only goes out on the weekends, and sometimes not for weeks at a time. But, each time I go in the garage and see it, the thought leaves my mind real quick.

Once the new Camaro arrives, I'll have to find another garage to put the SS.

Ed
Old 08-30-2006, 10:41 PM   #5
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Congrats to all american musclecar fans actually. Will be great to see all the magazines writeups comparing Camaro vs. Challenger vs. Mustang!!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:57 AM   #6
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Congrats to all american musclecar fans actually. Will be great to see all the magazines writeups comparing Camaro vs. Challenger vs. Mustang!!

AMEN! I think it'll be great seeing theam at dealers again, as well as on the streets.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #7
DARK AGE 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
AMEN! I think it'll be great seeing theam at dealers again, as well as on the streets.

Ed, Not sure how much it's going to hurt the Camaro sales with the Challenger hitting the dealers almost a year sooner, you also have to wonder what Fords planned for the Mustang. After all Ford knows what the Camaro and Challenger will look like, I can't see Ford doing another retro look on the Mustang ( it already looks great in my opinon ).
Old 09-01-2006, 07:12 AM   #8
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
Ed, Not sure how much it's going to hurt the Camaro sales with the Challenger hitting the dealers almost a year sooner, you also have to wonder what Fords planned for the Mustang. After all Ford knows what the Camaro and Challenger will look like, I can't see Ford doing another retro look on the Mustang ( it already looks great in my opinon ).
Al,

I've heard that the Mustang will undergo a major styling change. The only thing remaining from the current will be the roofline. And it'll move away from the retro look. I've heard this will be done right around the time the Camaro and Challenger start appearing.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
DARK AGE 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Al,

I've heard that the Mustang will undergo a major styling change. The only thing remaining from the current will be the roofline. And it'll move away from the retro look. I've heard this will be done right around the time the Camaro and Challenger start appearing.

Ed,

With all three of these cars on the market it's going to be crazy, I remember the 60's when it didn't get any better then that...08 to ?? could even be better.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:09 PM   #10
CMCVette

Drives: 04 Commemorative Corvette
Nice posts, & agree here; I've got an 04 vette, but have to admit the LS2 in that new Camaro may make me convert! Love the attitude of the new Camaro & hope they get the sounds right!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:46 PM   #11
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Quote:
Ed,

With all three of these cars on the market it's going to be crazy, I remember the 60's when it didn't get any better then that...08 to ?? could even be better.
it's great that we are going back to cars that weigh 4000 lbs, are not aerodynamic and have V8 engines.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #12
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
it's great that we are going back to cars that weigh 4000 lbs, are not aerodynamic and have V8 engines.
What would you prefer? The new Camaro does not weigh 4000lbs., (though I admit it is on the heavy side) and while not as aerodynamic as, say a Corvette, it is somewhat, and as for a V8, that's what most of us on this site are looking forward to. If you're not a fan of it, fine. But I think your mistaken if you don't believe it'll be a hit with performance enthusiasts.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Doesn't the GT500 weigh in at 4000 lbs w/ driver? I read the Camaro is supposed to come in at 3600 w/ driver. That's a BIG difference. That's almost a half second difference in the quarter mile due to weight alone.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #14
camaroaarp

Drives: 2010 White LS Camaro
Quote:
It sure is great news that the Camaro will be back, and man is it going to be a looking ride.

I've owned a couple of 4th gen Camaro's, at the moment there's no Camaro in my garage but you never know what might happen in the future. I'm going to keep an eye on this forum more for a friend of mine, he lives in Alabama ( that's where my wife and I have our winter home ) and believe it or not he and his wife don't own or want a computer in there house.....and I thought I lived in the DARK AGE.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi.

Al

I can't wait. It should be awesome!

Closed Thread