Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-21-2018, 02:03 AM   #141
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
They should have spent some time and money refreshing that center stack and chopping up that runway-sized dashboard facing the front passenger. That is the ugliest part of the car. I believe the interior designers should be fired before they let anyone from the aero/exterior design team go. I would be pissed if I had to look at that interior every day. It looks cheap and cheesy and doesn't reflect the price tag of the vehicle. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to anyone who owns one but the interior is the main reason I'm not driving a 1LE right now.
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:47 AM   #142
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra_Klutch View Post
They should have spent some time and money refreshing that center stack and chopping up that runway-sized dashboard facing the front passenger. That is the ugliest part of the car. I believe the interior designers should be fired before they let anyone from the aero/exterior design team go. I would be pissed if I had to look at that interior every day. It looks cheap and cheesy and doesn't reflect the price tag of the vehicle. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to anyone who owns one but the interior is the main reason I'm not driving a 1LE right now.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:59 AM   #143
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
You put it rather bluntly ,but I have to agree. The interior isnt nice. That has been my only hang up from day one until this god awful redesign appeared. Although, im not a fan of any Chevrolet interiors especially the streering wheel. I put up with them though, because I do like other things about them.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:10 AM   #144
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Great decision with the year, trim and color Hope you'll enjoy the new toy for a long time. And who knows, maybe you'll even want to put on a supercharger a year or two down the road, your options are numerous.

(BTW you have a wife who loves you, and you didn't just randomly go all out and get the most expensive gadget, both good to read about My wife said the same after me being stupid getting it wrong the first time and despite the loss I was about to take on the trade, looks like we've both got keepers )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmadden2 View Post
^^^ Couldn't agree more ^^^

I'm really fortunate that about a year ago my wife essentially gave me a blank check to buy any new Camaro I wanted. She didn't care what year it was, trim level, color, or transmission. She didn't care what it cost, be it a vert, a coupe, 2SS or ZL1. She basically said... "Buy a car you'll love for a very long time, get the one you really like. You want the supercharger go for it, you want a stick, fine, 8-speed, 10-speed, who cares… just get what makes you happy."

Well it took a while for me to weed through the options, all the while waiting to see the 2019 refresh.

1) I've driven manuals now on and off for 30 years, and while certainly fun for a little while, I don't want one for the long term. I’d like an A8 or A10, so not a 1LE.

2) I don't like the Recaro seats so that takes the ZL1 out. I'm not getting any younger and I want comfort now and in the future (before searching out Camaros, I thought I’d be getting a Corvette but the seats are just too low, I’m not interested in fighting to crawl out of it every time I get somewhere, so that was a no on the Vettes). I'm basically trying to find a car I can be happy driving for possibly decades. I want to buy a keeper.

3) I wanted a car that would age well and be pleasing to look at for a long time. So when the 19's finally arrived and the look was so polarizing to so many, myself included, it looked like they probably weren’t for me. Without any coaching, I showed the new front end to my wife to get a reaction; she made a funny eyebrow wiggle and said… “if that’s what you want”. She’s a poor poker player, but has good taste, she obviously thought it looked weird. The 19’s were out. I'd look for a good deal on a new 16-18 with an A8.

Cars lose their value so horribly that I'm not going to get a lot of chances to "pick whatever you want" over my lifetime. I don’t want to/probably can't afford to trade in frequently looking for the next best thing. I want a Camaro that will become part of the family. I sort of tried to think about the 16-18's vs the 19's in extremes to get a gut feeling. Would either car look great for a long time? The 16-18's seem like they would. Would the '19 end up like buying an AMC Pacer, a Ford Edsel, a Pontiac Aztek? Maybe, why risk it?

It wasn't really that hard of a choice in the end. The A10 isn't something that I'm going to really notice missing and that front end isn't something I want to hope to learn to love.

As I've mentioned in other posts, we ended up going with a leftover 2017 2SS. I found one with every feature I wanted and none that I didn't. I got the color I liked without having to choose a black one just to hide the new bumper line. The car I bought doesn’t need any excuses. I even scored nearly 25% off sticker, which was a nice plus. I drive American cars and it would be nice if they tried to look American. I don't want to drive a Toyota, or any car that has the modern design language of massive grille monstrosities. I want a normal car with a normal a front end, not just a big hole up front. Something that’s good looking today and has a reasonable chance of standing the test of time.

Our new car has been home now for a few weeks and while not as outrageously fast as the ZL1, or as “new” looking as a 2019 we've gotten so many compliments from neighbors and co-workers. It’s fast enough for us, and very comfortable. My wife has driven it to work several times and many co-workers young and old have raved about the color and style, she's given lots of little rides around town and it seems like a big hit. I like it, she likes it, friends, family, co-workers like it. It's a beautiful car, nothing strange about it!

In reality cars are all so similar, they all have doors, steering wheels, tires, engines. I already have a couple of great cars and honestly don’t need a Camaro at all; it’s just a toy for fun and its good looks. Maybe the 2019’s will be perfect for someone, but that someone wasn’t me.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:09 AM   #145
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Still looks like a '18 Honda Accord or old Charger SXT/RT. And blacking out the misplaced flowtie just makes the "person driving around a car with parts missing" effect even worse.

Best to just get it in old GBA black so there is nothing to stand out and just let the performance speak for itself without any awkward stares due to the poorly executed front end.
Well since the 2016 Camaro looked like the Camry/Corolla and sales have been less then great they figured on trying another approach, may help sales , time will tell .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:02 AM   #146
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Sales would improve for Camaro if Chevy fired the entire marketing staff and started over. Good marketing can sell anything, even this cheesy, smiling abomination.
you're dumb.

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #147
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Camaro has its own logo on the front fenders.
Learn something new everday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Yes it does. Its been around since gen 1.

As for the bowties, there are tons of Chevy fans who are proud of that bowtie. I remember in the 90s, dudes would paint bowties on their 100k dollar street rods with heart beat lines and stuff. Lol "The Heartbeat of America, is Today's (or Yesterday's) Chevrolet"

Not sure how many of ya remember that. Hahaha

I have no problem with the bowties, I just dont think a big hole in the shape of one, dead center in the bumper looks good. Its laughable that GM tries to justify the gimmick as providing substantial air flow... whatever. Ha!
Agreed. Guess I am just not a fan of the Bow tie logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvr6 View Post
are they plan to sell more in asia ?
That is exactly why either in this thread or another thread I stated I saw very little Camaro heritage in the design. That front end to me just screams modern trend of blacking out part of the front end to look sporty.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #148
Havoc54

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
This is all I think of when I see the refresh

Havoc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:36 AM   #149
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc54 View Post
This is all I think of when I see the refresh

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #150
Kobra_Klutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
You put it rather bluntly ,but I have to agree. The interior isnt nice. That has been my only hang up from day one until this god awful redesign appeared. Although, im not a fan of any Chevrolet interiors especially the streering wheel. I put up with them though, because I do like other things about them.
I agree most of Chevy's interiors are sub par. This 6 Gen already looks dated inside and out and a refresh was needed. I've been looking at newly released videos about the Mustang GT PP2 and it's a nice looking car from all angles. I hate to say it in this forum but it looks better than our Camaro and the interior layout looks more appealing and connected than the Camaro's interiors.

There just aren't that many cars in this segment to choose from and I think Chevy believes that they have us backed into a corner if we want to play in this game. Chevy has reminded me why we shouldn't settle for just anything. I'm the type of person if it's not what I want then i don't want it; I'd rather go without when feasible. If Chevy is going to continue to put out these types of cars and charge a random note for them then I'm going to have to start looking at a Vette or something from Germany. I refuse to go backwards and accept less and pay more when I don't have to. The 6 Gen is a fail in my book. Hell they scared people into taking the current car over the refreshed version. These people have had 3 years to wait to see if there would be any enhancements and now that the refresh has been revealed they would rather settle on the dated one. SMDH.

I don't care much about the sales race but it's telling when all the naysayers kept saying that sales would pick up when the new variants came out, ZL1 & ZL1 1LE, and sales are still sub par. Ford and Dodge are kicking Chevy's a$$ right now and from a fan's standpoint it's very disappointing.

Just venting in cyberspace please don't take what I typed personally...
Old 05-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #151
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
I agree most of Chevy's interiors are sub par. This 6 Gen already looks dated inside and out and a refresh was needed. I've been looking at newly released videos about the Mustang GT PP2 and it's a nice looking car from all angles. I hate to say it in this forum but it looks better than our Camaro and the interior layout looks more appealing and connected than the Camaro's interiors.

There just aren't that many cars in this segment to choose from and I think Chevy believes that they have us backed into a corner if we want to play in this game. Chevy has reminded me why we shouldn't settle for just anything. I'm the type of person if it's not what I want then i don't want it; I'd rather go without when feasible. If Chevy is going to continue to put out these types of cars and charge a random note for them then I'm going to have to start looking at a Vette or something from Germany. I refuse to go backwards and accept less and pay more when I don't have to. The 6 Gen is a fail in my book. Hell they scared people into taking the current car over the refreshed version. These people have had 3 years to wait to see if there would be any enhancements and now that the refresh has been revealed they would rather settle on the dated one. SMDH.

I don't care much about the sales race but it's telling when all the naysayers kept saying that sales would pick up when the new variants came out, ZL1 & ZL1 1LE, and sales are still sub par. Ford and Dodge are kicking Chevy's a$$ right now and from a fan's standpoint it's very disappointing.

Just venting in cyberspace please don't take what I typed personally...
Yeah...you really dont sound like a "fan", do you even own a camaro?

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:42 PM   #152
Kobra_Klutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
Yeah...you really dont sound like a "fan", do you even own a camaro?
Fan=yes
Camaro owner=no

Old 05-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #153
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Fan=yes
Camaro owner=no

I agree with some of what you say. However, I dont think it is as you say "settling for less". The Product itself is the highest quality, highest performing in its class. Not liking how it looks doesn't mean settling for less. The Mustang looks better inside and out, we agree there.

That said, the car itself is a turd in every other way, relatively speaking. Buying it because it looks better, to me.......THAT is settling for less.

I say this from the same side of the aisle as you btw, buying German is the direction I went as the Vette was a little too high at the time. I just think a different perspective got us here is all.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:15 PM   #154
Kobra_Klutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I agree with some of what you say. However, I dont think it is as you say "settling for less". The Product itself is the highest quality, highest performing in its class. Not liking how it looks doesn't mean settling for less. The Mustang looks better inside and out, we agree there.

That said, the car itself is a turd in every other way, relatively speaking. Buying it because it looks better, to me.......THAT is settling for less.

I say this from the same side of the aisle as you btw, buying German is the direction I went as the Vette was a little too high at the time. I just think a different perspective got us here is all.
I appreciate your feedback and thanks for also being "cool" in doing so. The 10 speed is going to help the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times when released and reviewed; which will ensure it beats the similarly equipped Stang GT in these areas. I'm not looking for a track car but I prefer the look of the 1LE but I want an automatic. I understand the 1LE is a track package but wouldn't it be sweet if the 10 speed was an option? This way the posers(myself included) could have the look but the real-deal track stars could use their 6 speed version as the Chevy gurus intended? I believe that's part of what's helping to keep the Challenger relevant. Dodge knows many of their customers want the look and that these customers are not track-focused; they just want a sweet-looking car. Chevy needs to open up to this idea so customers have more options to choose from. I know I'm not the only person who feels this way on this forum. Once again thanks for the feedback. And I also agree the Camaro is the better performer over the Mustang GT when similarly equipped.