Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-31-2017, 07:36 PM   #43
prod

Drives: HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowssm6 View Post
why does every description of competitive mode say "allows full engine power" there is no increase in power by switching into competitive mode that im aware of? it just turns the stabilitrak down and turns off tcs,or am i missing something?
Turning TCS off allows for full engine power. TCS reduces power when wheel slip is detected.
prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #44
MelloYellow

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
I'm always in "Track" mode for the exhaust...paid good money for that NPP and want to get my money's worth...also love waking the neighbours in the morning!
MelloYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:15 AM   #45
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloYellow View Post
I'm always in "Track" mode for the exhaust...paid good money for that NPP and want to get my money's worth...also love waking the neighbours in the morning!
This! ☝🏼

I toggle between Sport and Touring Mode depending on road type and if it’s a cruise or some lively driving. I leave Exhaust in Track all of the time. Gotta keep the neighbors on their toes! 😎👍🏻
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:16 AM   #46
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
I prefer the steering locked/set in Tour mode. Artificial stiffness in the steering is a hinder not a help. I leave the NPP and the MRI synchronized. The whole point of getting the NPP exhaust is to be able to vary the sound. Just like your mood. sometimes you want to purr not growl. If you're one of those guys who go around screaming all the time flashing your bling, then stay on Track/snarl mode. And since my AFM is tuned off the car runs better in any mode.
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:51 AM   #47
Havoc54

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
One thing I’ve noticed is if I leave my car in track mode and turn it off, the next time I turn it on it always defaults to touring mode. Is that normal? It’s pretty annoying.
Havoc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:54 AM   #48
Havoc54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroky View Post
I have noticed another difference that I haven't seen anywhere.

Now it could just be me I don't know, but if you have the M6 the clutch engagement is different. Mostly TOUR mode vs SPORT and TRACK. In TOUR mode the clutch doesn't seem to 'grab' or engage as hard or as aggressive as the others.

Like I said it might just be me, but I swear I can feel a difference.
I swear I can feel it too. In track mode it feels like the clutch doesn’t grab until the last 10% of pedal travel. Sport is like 30% and touring feels like 50% to me. Maybe it is the different throttle response but it doesn’t feel like it
Old 01-30-2018, 07:56 AM   #49
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc54 View Post
One thing I’ve noticed is if I leave my car in track mode and turn it off, the next time I turn it on it always defaults to touring mode. Is that normal? It’s pretty annoying.
They figure that people are using track mode for the track, so if they are shutting their cars off they aren't on a track anymore, so there's no need to have it in that mode on startup. Mine does the same thing.

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:01 AM   #50
Havoc54

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain View Post
They figure that people are using track mode for the track, so if they are shutting their cars off they aren't on a track anymore, so there's no need to have it in that mode on startup. Mine does the same thing.
Makes sense. The thing I really don’t like about it is that when the car starts in touring mode with NPP it’s way less pleasing than sport/track haha.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:12 AM   #51
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc54 View Post
Makes sense. The thing I really don’t like about it is that when the car starts in touring mode with NPP it’s way less pleasing than sport/track haha.
Sport doesn't change back to touring on shutdown right? Or if someone REALLY wants it in track mode on startup they can probably put the car into accessory mode, switch to track , then turn on.

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:18 AM   #52
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
When I'm leaving for work, it's Touring through the neighborhood, then Sport once I get out on the main avenue. It's nice to know there are some mix and match options. Love that low growl!
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:04 PM   #53
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
This! ☝🏼

I toggle between Sport and Touring Mode depending on road type and if it’s a cruise or some lively driving. I leave Exhaust in Track all of the time. Gotta keep the neighbors on their toes! 😎👍🏻
You can just pull fuse 51 to keep the NPP open all the time. Or wire an inline switch in place of the fuse to manually turn it off or let it work as designed.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:22 PM   #54
HCGxKaLiBeR

Drives: 2018 Audi S4/2016 Carmaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
This! ☝🏼

The exhaust valve closes when cruising on either sport or track.
Track mode only delays it and it switches back to Tour mode when you restart the car. Best way is to unplug the exhaust valve fuse : )
Old 01-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #55
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Difference in sport mode between competitive and holding down stabilitrak to turn off

Can’t seem to feel the difference. Anybody know?
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:42 PM   #56
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCGxKaLiBeR View Post
The exhaust valve closes when cruising on either sport or track.
Track mode only delays it and it switches back to Tour mode when you restart the car. Best way is to unplug the exhaust valve fuse : )
I’m satisfied with the exhaust note permanently set to Track while driving. I changed just the exhaust in “Engine Sound Management” and it never switches to anything else even when I restart the car so I like that. It isn’t the loudest exhaust I’ve ever had on a car, but it gets the job done much better than any other stock exhaust I’ve had of course.

I like the sound of the initial start up with it set to Track. It definitely sounds more intense than when I started it up in the morning in Sport mode. I’m not sure if it is supposed to sound different, but it seems to be different to me.

The fuse may get pulled down the road, though. Thank you to you and the previous poster for the info! 👍🏻
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote