The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 09-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Exclamation Carbon Fiber Roofs Constrained on 2014 Corvette Stingray Orders

Quote:
As production of the new C7 continues to ramp up, GM has announced a another round of option constraints for the 2014 Corvette Stingray. The constraints tell dealers which options are not currently available for the listed Target Production Weeks.

The new round of constraints cover the Target Production Week (TPW) of 9/30/2013-10/6/2013. The options are:

01483 AE4-SEATS, COMPETITION SPORT, BUCKET, National Qty Available = 0
01485 C2Z-ROOF PANEL, REMOVABLE CARBON FIBER, National Qty Available = 0
01486 CSM-ROOF PACKAGE, CARBON FIBER, DUAL, National Qty Available = 0

We knew about the Competition Sport seats which Chevy has been telling us that they won’t be available until later this year. But the delay in the exposed Carbon Fiber Roofs (C2Z) which also causes a delay in the Dual Roof Package (C2M) when the Carbon Fiber roof is selected is sure to cause some buyers to rethink their orders.

If you ordered the painted roof (C2Q), transparent roof (CC3) or the body color dual roof package (C2Q) you’re good and in fact you might see your order move faster as those who wanted the Carbon Fiber roofs will be forced to wait until supply picks back up.

We’ll continue to watch these and will pass along any information that shows either the constraint was removed or that it carries over into other Target Production Weeks.
From CorvetteBlogger.com
Old 09-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
SilverRay

Drives: 2014 Silver C7 Z51 Stingray
My Dealer informed me that's why I'm stuck at 3000
SilverRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRay View Post
My Dealer informed me that's why I'm stuck at 3000
Do you plan on changing your order?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
SilverRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Do you plan on changing your order?
I'm afraid too, that will put me even longer wait I'm currently at 3000, if it would speed up my time I would consider changing to a standard top and adding the Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package, Carbon Flash that now available, I ordered Silver so I think it looks pretty nice
Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
If you at 3000 the constraint does not effect your order. I would second guess your dealers false info. On CF others have clarified that any status 2000 or above are not effected by this constraint.

I was at 3000 and moved to 3300 on Friday with the exposed carbon fiber roof. Many others have too.

Just check up on it not sure the dealer has the right info.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
But the timing of when the order will be built can be affected. I have had orders stall at 3000 while similar but not exactly optioned orders went forward. 3000 means Chevrolet expects all the parts for the order will arrive in a timely and usable manner and does not signify all the parts are at the plant.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
SilverRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
If you at 3000 the constraint does not effect your order. I would second guess your dealers false info. On CF others have clarified that any status 2000 or above are not effected by this constraint.

I was at 3000 and moved to 3300 on Friday with the exposed carbon fiber roof. Many others have too.

Just check up on it not sure the dealer has the right info.
Dealer is correct, per GM Rep there is an unexpected delay in CF tops and some have not met QA requirements witch has slowed that option in production, in return newer orders without this option are moving quicker in line to fill the gaps. As they receive the CF tops the orders will be fulfilled in the original order. So I guess just depends on where I'm in the pecking order as to when my C7 will be built, getting to be the norm.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRay View Post
Dealer is correct, per GM Rep there is an unexpected delay in CF tops and some have not met QA requirements witch has slowed that option in production, in return newer orders without this option are moving quicker in line to fill the gaps. As they receive the CF tops the orders will be fulfilled in the original order. So I guess just depends on where I'm in the pecking order as to when my C7 will be built, getting to be the norm.
I experienced the same constraints with the Exposed Carbon Hood on our ZL1. The weave has to be perfect or it will not pass Quality Control. I had to wait for the third consensus before all of the constraints had cleared. The only good thing that came out of waiting was GM absorbed the cost of the ECF hood because of all the problems they had with the all the hoods.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
We notice these problems because we are following Corvettes, not Malibus, but rest assured this is a normal part of any start up. This is why I have vowed to never do a retail order again, and I doubt I have broken that vow above a half a dozen times.

It is a delay but unless your order would have resulted in getting VIN 0001 it is a delay you will be happy to overlook once you have the steering wheel in one hand and the shifter in the other. At least you can identify the reason; more often than not the reason for delay is a guess and Chevy does not help by its refusal to identify what holds up production. I would say "trust me" but I am not sure that would calm your spirits.

And do not forget: you will be getting want you want not what the dealer's inventory manager has decided you want.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #10
SilverRay

So true, I’m really ok with the wait, I knew it was going to be long, ordered early July been at 3000 since July 17th was hoping for mid-September ship now hoping for mid-October, defiantly would rather wait for a product that’s right. It’s like a long time ago when I was just a wee little one wait for Christmas morning to open that special gift you know you we’re getting
Old 09-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
wnickk

Drives: '14 3LT Z51 7sp Cyber Gray Kalahari
I have exposed CF roof and moved from 3000 to 3300 yesterday (9/11). Hope that means something.
wnickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #12
SilverRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnickk View Post
I have exposed CF roof and moved from 3000 to 3300 yesterday (9/11). Hope that means something.
Yeah buddy I moved to 3300 yesterday as well Production is scheduled
were moving
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #13
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Welcome to the 3300 dark hole. This is where the anger will begin guys. I have been riding this boat at 3300 long enough. Hope things change soon but word is its going to be a long road from here.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #14
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Oh the joy of ordering.