The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 03-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #29
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
I have 17,000 miles on my c7, delivered at the end of Oct. 2013
I have a 2013 vert Camaro ZL1 with 27,000 miles on it.
Drive them!!
That's why you we love these cars, don't leave them as garage queens, enjoy them while you can.
So they get a few chips on them, that's the mark of being driven and truly enjoyed by the owner.
Leave your kids with a legacy of knowing you drove your car for enjoyment everyday and not as a trophy piece.

I like the fact that your driving your hot rods and not letting them set. Also love the color you have for them!
Old 03-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #30
raymbarr

Drives: 2014 Laguna Blue Convertible
My new (and first) Corvette is my daily driver. I drive it to work every day and put hundreds of miles on weekends taking trips with the top down! It's so much fun I can't imagine just letting it sit in the garage.

That said, I came from a 2008 Mustang GT that I still have (going to sell) but when I see them both sitting side-by-side in my driveway I realize how much wear-and-tear has happened to my daily-driver Mustang. The paint has tiny chips all over it from rocks/road and the plastic parts are a little worn so it makes me sad that my Corvette is going to look like that in 5 years. That said, I wouldn't have it any other way because I had SO much fun in that Mustang as well - loved driving it and drove it a LOT!

Enjoy it now!

Raym
Attached Images

raymbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #31
Tony Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
I'm with everyone here. I ordered my Stingray with every intention of driving it. In fact, I sold a perfectly good 2007 Jeep Wrangler to get this car - and the Jeep was my daily driver. By default, the Stingray is now my driver. And I wouldn't have it any other way!
And I still thank you for being an early tester of the all-season tires in the snow! I know what I would do with mine (if I ever get it ).
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #32
thrilled

Drives: 1LT
I was reading A forum that there is this sort of liquid plastic.To get the car detailed it runs around $350. Supposely ya won't have to be concerned about any swirl marks.It's guaranteed for 2 years.
thrilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #33
1KUIKC7

Drives: 2015 Zo6 3zl
My Dad was a mechanic, we bought cars to drive and when something went wrong we fixed it and then drove it some more!!
I agree with Asptroopa1, I didn't buy it to keep it in the garage for some lucky dude.
I bought to enjoy it and that includes driving it and working on it and keepin it clean.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #34
bowtie440

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT Coupe
How do you balance driving vs. keeping car mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashobbsie View Post
just drive it…nicks, scratches….whatever…its a car, only a car…. you can't take it too your grave so enjoy it while you still can is the way i look at it… they are just character marks…lol I take care of my cars but I'm not worried about dings and scratches…thats what insurance is for…. haha
I am with jashobbsie. Drive the thing, get it dirty, and love every minute that you get to spend behind the wheel of your C7. I already scratched mine a tad getting out of a very tight garage. Thank goodness that Mid America Motorworks has C7 Arctic White touchup paint!
bowtie440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:48 AM   #35
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Absolutely drive your C7! Here's the worst thing that could happen if you don't drive it. This could happen to you.

You keel over (probably from all the excitement over this great new car - that, and too many corn dogs and Buds). You girl friend or wife inherits your C7. She finds a new guy, and he drives the heck out of it.

The lessen here is if the above happens, the new guy gets a well-worn car, and apply this same principle to you your significant other.

There's this Mustang guy I know who hardly drove his new car and he died. There's this other guy I know who hooked up with his widow and now happily drives the heck out of the new Mustang. Now, maybe this only happens to Mustang guys, but it does give one pause to ponder.

Don't let this happen to you.

I have thought about this - not too seriously - but I have thought about it. I have a wonderful and devoted but very smart, personable, and attractive wife. She is 68 with the trim and attractive figure of a slim 20 year old. She is a man magnet - even to guys decades younger than her. So, I have no illusions that she shall continue to sit at home and grieve the remainder of her life when I am gone. She'll have property and money much of it thanks to me, and with her good looks driving around in my C7, guys shall flock to her. Yes, I would want her to be happy after I'm gone (so say we all and half mean it,) but not THAT happy with some other guy driving the heck out of my C7! And, so, there is no way I'm going to preserve a mint C7 for the next guy.

The bottom line is that if you are thinking of keeping your C7 mint, also think about the worst case scenario after you're gone (hopefully not divorced where she gets the car - but that's another subject) some other guy driving your C7 with your best girl at his side, and you'll drive it and drive it and drive it as shall I.

Thoughts and words to live by and hopefully not die (or divorce) by.

Last edited by Richardlord; 04-26-2014 at 04:52 AM.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #36
Ret9580

Drives: '99 Sienna till '15 Ray is here
I'll drive mine if I ever get it (Z51 allocation battle). But when I'm gone it is going to my baby boy (soon to be 31). The next schmuck that comes along can enjoy my pool and the 2008 Lexus, but not my C7.
Ret9580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:34 PM   #37
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret9580 View Post
I'll drive mine if I ever get it (Z51 allocation battle). But when I'm gone it is going to my baby boy (soon to be 31). The next schmuck that comes along can enjoy my pool and the 2008 Lexus, but not my C7.
I have been waiting for my C7 since we could first order a Z51 Vert, and my TPW starts ----- TOMORROW!!!

Maybe it's just Mustang guys who should worry about after they die some other guys driving the heck out of their ponies with their widowed wives at their sides after well caring for them both, as of course Corvette people are not like that.

It's one of life's little injuries to a person if and when that person dies and that person's partner then partners with someone else. However, for the new partner to dive the heck out of the former partner's C7 who babied it is adding insult to injury, and so I for one plan on getting the most and best out of my C7 as long as I have it and my partner. I accept the notion of my wife EVENTUALLY partnering with someone else should I die, but it is hard to accept the ideation of that guy also partnering with my C7. Rather than some other guy driving the heck out of my C7 with my widowed wife at his side after I lovingly cared for it and her, I think I'll drive my C7 for all its worth as long as I have it, and then bequeath my C7 to the Corvette Museum Sinkhole.

Last edited by Richardlord; 04-27-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #38
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
I see no reason to save MY car for the next owner. Period.

I put about 62000 on my c6 before I sold her and got the c7. I know that's not alot a year, but I have other vehicles to drive, and I took road trips, autocrossed and just in general drove her anytime I wanted.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:59 PM   #39
blowfelt99

Drives: 2011 Gran sport
Bought a new 99 vette. Traded it to my brother in 2012 for a piece of property. It had 30K miles. Bought a new 2011 Grandsport which now has 6K miles on it.
2014 Stingray on order.

Game plan is for 2011 Gransport to go to my granddaughter at age 16 if she deserves it then and 2014 Stingray to go to Grandson at age 16 if deserves it.

Plan to get me a 2018 Z06...if I deserve it
blowfelt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #40
Richardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowfelt99 View Post
Bought a new 99 vette. Traded it to my brother in 2012 for a piece of property. It had 30K miles. Bought a new 2011 Grandsport which now has 6K miles on it.
2014 Stingray on order.

Game plan is for 2011 Gransport to go to my granddaughter at age 16 if she deserves it then and 2014 Stingray to go to Grandson at age 16 if deserves it.

Plan to get me a 2018 Z06...if I deserve it
We all deserve it!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #41
ArcticWhiteZ51

Drives: Arctic White Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete r welch View Post
At age 72 bought my first Corvette. . Thought when I bought it, it would be my driving car, not to be saved for it's future appearance. It is just so nice though, I find it hard to balance putting miles on it with the inevitable nicks and wear. My wife says I never tailgate with this car which is I guess, a good thing. Trying to keep the rock chips away. But the car is just such a pleasure and thrill to drive, I think I will drive it alot for the enjoyment, and wear be damned. Does anyone else ever feel conflicted about this?
Mine is a daily driver and we take it on nice long road trip vacations. No garage queen here. Does it get nicks and such, yep, but the smile on my face EVERY day is well worth those minimal issue.

2014 Arctic White Z51 Coupe, 2LT, NPP, Silver Wheels, Red Calipers on order
ArcticWhiteZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #42
blkvette00

Drives: '14 C7 Blk Vert/'15 Blk Navigator/'
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrilled View Post
I was reading A forum that there is this sort of liquid plastic.To get the car detailed it runs around $350. Supposely ya won't have to be concerned about any swirl marks.It's guaranteed for 2 years.

Yes, there is. It's called "Opti-Coat Pro Ceramic Clear Coating" which is available at select places (Motor Spas), you may have to search in your area. My friend had this applied to his 2014 Porsche 911 (he should have bought a Vette in my opinion...), needless to say, it looks amazing. Protects the car from scratches, road dirt, bug juice, bird droppings, etc. He uses the Porsche as a daily driver (yes, here in Michigan where Summer will NEVER start!). I do intend on having my C7 Vert (when I get it TPW 5/12), cost will be around $300. Worth it for me as I live on a dirt road (which is well maintained).
blkvette00 is offline   Reply With Quote