The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 12-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #15
jb306y

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Sorry,

I've heard guys say they liked the stock exhaust also. I don't think you can go wrong with either. It really goes back to where you live, your driving style and personal preferences that matters. I'm sure the resale would be a little more with the NPP, if you're thinking about that. I also think the exhaust tips are a little smaller with the stock exhaust.

Hope this helps a little, I'm sure you'll pick the right one.
Jim

Last edited by jb306y; 12-02-2013 at 11:19 PM.
jb306y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #16
Schlok

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #397 2022 ZL1 #1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb306y View Post
Sorry,

I've heard guys say they liked the stock exhaust also. I don't think you can go wrong with either. It really goes back to where you live, your driving style and personal preferences that matters. I'm sure the resale would be a little more with the NPP, if you're thinking about that. I also think the exhaust tips are a little smaller with the stock exhaust.

Hope this helps a little, I'm sure you'll pick the right one.
Jim
I didn't flip for the NPP because I didn't think it'd be worth it compared to anything available aftermarket. It's pretty quiet, you can barely hear the car running with the windows up and the radio off. I plan on putting some aftermarket exhaust on when it becomes available....If you want a nice, quiet ride then go for non NPP. I've never personally heard any car with NPP (C7) so perhaps someone else who has heard both should chime in.
Schlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #17
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
I got the NPP…pretty solid sounding exhaust. Not obnoxiously loud, and with Touring/Eco modes you can reduce that even further. My Camaro was pretty loud compared to NPP, this is classy. Screams when you want it to, and purrs when you like it to. If you want more than the below…go aftermarket. Disclaimer: This is NOT my car or me…but I do suggest mine sounds just as good!!!

Old 12-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #18
panerainovice

Drives: Silverado
Seems like majority of buyers out there are getting NPP. I've been scouring the net to find a base stingray exhaust but all the exhaust videos are Stingrays with the NPP.
panerainovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #19
Louis White Law

Drives: Torch Red C7 Z51 stingray
Npp is ok. For me, when I start a hot rod I want it to rumble loud enough to make the blood in your veins get thinner. So for me it's between npp, which is mild and throaty, or something aftermarket, which will wake your neighbors when u fire it up.

Npp gives u the undercover silent exhaust, and the option of tuning it up to a mild roar. But, it still isn't wackadoo loud (which I like but am growing out of). I can tolerate open headers.

Still, for me npp works fine...not outstanding, but fine.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
panerainovice

The biggest concern I have is how the Corvette compares to other Japanese sports car. This is my first American sports car. My previous cars include, Mazda RX-8, Honda S2000, Mistubishi Evolution X, and come to think of it, I've gone with an aftermarket exhaust route on all 3 of them because I felt they were too quiet. Maybe it's because Japanese sports cars are quiet in general with their stock exhaust design. Can you guys say that the base C7's exhaust is louder than a stock Japanese car's exhaust? If so then I don't think I will need the NPP exhaust. I live in a densely populated city (Santa Monica) and the last think I want is to attract too much attention from cops or random people. But at the same time I don't want to have an exhaust that is so quiet that it doesn't give me the excitement that I crave with a sports car. Tough decision since these Socal dealers are so tight about starting these cars up and test driving.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #21
Kochaloch

Drives: C7 Z51, BENZ GLK 350, Titan
As Glen stated with NPP you can switch between modes that way you can have it loud or not so loud.

It's only 1.2k on a 52k+ car, unless you plan to do aftermarket I wouldn't even think about not getting it. Just my 2 cents.

8/20/2013 - 1100
1/16/2014 - 2000
1/20/2014 - 3000
1/24/2014 - 3300
2/10/2014 - 3400
2/14/2014 - 3800
2/26/2014 - Delivered!!!
Kochaloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #22
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
If you get the NPP and don't like the loud - you can always switch modes to quieter setting, but if I couldn't get a dealer to start up two C7's if he had a NPP and NON NPP....I'd find another dealer. The dealers around here will let you start them- rev them and sit in them....test drives are a little rare.....I love mine and I think when you start it in track mode its awesome- gets a lil attention, then you can quiet it down during the drive
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #23
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
"If you got it, flaunt it" I always say. Works well on hotties, who can almost always get away with it (no so much for guys). Also works well on hot cars, that also can pull it off.

Therefore,

If you got a hot C7 (which they all are) flaunt it.

Also go for the NPP and flaunt that (you can always switch to a quieter mode for non-flaunting purposes)

Especially flaunt over the foreign sports cars and over-throaty pretender Mustangs

Remember, in a C7, flaunting is OK, it is good, and is to be expected.

So, Rev a little, Chirp a little, and Flaunt a little (or a lot)
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #24
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
"If you got it, flaunt it" I always say. Works well on hotties, who can almost always get away with it (no so much for guys). Also works well on hot cars, that also can pull it off.

Therefore,

If you got a hot C7 (which they all are) flaunt it.

Also go for the NPP and flaunt that (you can always switch to a quieter mode for non-flaunting purposes)

Especially flaunt over the foreign sports cars and over-throaty pretender Mustangs

Remember, in a C7, flaunting is OK, it is good, and is to be expected.

So, Rev a little, Chirp a little, and Flaunt a little (or a lot)
Hey... my Boss 302 with its stock quad-exhaust and removable baffles sounds mighty good! It's pretty quick too. But of course... LOVE the Stingray a tad bit more.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #25
1stcorvette

Drives: None at present
I've heard enough....gotta have the NPP
1stcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #26
panerainovice

Thanks for everyone's input. I've decided to go for the Performance Exhaust. Better to live life without regrets.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #27
Betsy Iris
(The Blue Beauty)

Drives: 2014 Stingray
To me NPP is actually not loud at all. . .I can ride with the top off in sport mode or track and it doesn't bother me at all. . . I hear the wind more than NPP. . .I honestly would prefer it a little more aggressive, when you do rev it though it does have a nice rumble.
Betsy Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #28
killascrimp

Drives: 14 z51
NPP is amazing, I live in a large development and if I need to leave my house at night I put it in touring, I think it sounds great, I am waiting for DS Trenity tune, then I will get a new set of headers, to compliment the sound of my baby. Also I saw that corsa has plans for a really nice NPP exhaust that looks like a nice alternative for those that didn't get NPP... nice stuff to come for the c7
killascrimp is offline   Reply With Quote