#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-19-2016, 10:45 AM   #57
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Agreed that that is the approach they should take. Make it as killer as can be on the track BUT still give the people the option of getting some creature comforts.
Historically speaking, folks always make a bunch of noise about how they want a stripped down track car, but when manufacturers build them, they don't sell because the don't have the creature comforts.

About 2/3's of the GT350's sales of the '15 and '16 model years were non track pack or R models (most were the tech pack version).

If a company wants to build a stripped down track car, it would be wise to let folks option the car back up.

I know, it doesn't make sense to the hardcore track guys, but it is what it is. Folks ask for a stripped down track car and then don't buy it because it doesn't have a bluetooth cappuccino maker.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #58
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Yup...lot's of talk about how people want no-frills track cars..then let them collect dust on dealer lots.

IE...Gen 5 1LE's and Z/28's.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #59
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Yup...lot's of talk about how people want no-frills track cars..then let them collect dust on dealer lots.

IE...Gen 5 1LE's and Z/28's.
It took me a while to find a 1LE when I got mine. They weren't just sitting around.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #60
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Historically speaking, folks always make a bunch of noise about how they want a stripped down track car, but when manufacturers build them, they don't sell because the don't have the creature comforts.

About 2/3's of the GT350's sales of the '15 and '16 model years were non track pack or R models (most were the tech pack version).

If a company wants to build a stripped down track car, it would be wise to let folks option the car back up.

I know, it doesn't make sense to the hardcore track guys, but it is what it is. Folks ask for a stripped down track car and then don't buy it because it doesn't have a bluetooth cappuccino maker.
I think part of it is also the cost, yes the last Z/28 had some really insane go fast goodies on it, but it was also a 75K Camaro that didn't have a radio or A/C. I think we have gotten spoiled to a point where once a car crosses a certain dollar point some stuff should be standard or at least offered. I really think that Ford did the GT350R right. You want it stripped out and just for the track, no problem. You want it to have all the tech creature comforts of a modern 60K+ plus car? here get the optional Tech Package that has all that stuff.

I think GM should go the same way with a next gen Z/28. They don't need to offer lesser models (GT350 Base, Track Pack R) but give people the option if they want their 60K car to have the creature comforts let them option it back in.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:55 PM   #61
kingbambino22

Drives: 2023Porsche Cayenne S
Since the 1LE 2.0T is not in the works yet, I'm waiting on the Z/28. Coming from a 2010 Pedderized Camaro, 2013 1LE Camaro with Z/28 suspension installed , and a 2015 Z/28 with Nav and rear camera just make the Z/28 to where you can option it to how you want it. Also don't make the price exceed 70K. 70K should be the max optioned Z/28 you'll offer. Really 65K but thats just me
kingbambino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #62
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It took me a while to find a 1LE when I got mine. They weren't just sitting around.
Mostly because dealers didn't order them.

I saw my first 1LE "in the flesh" around 4 months after they were released...and saw that same car sit for about a year. When I asked the dealer why it was just sitting, he said that it was too harsh for most people and as a result they couldn't get a serious buyer, just guys wanting to joyride it.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:37 PM   #63
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:

I saw my first 1LE "in the flesh" around 4 months after they were released...and saw that same car sit for about a year. When I asked the dealer why it was just sitting, he said that it was too harsh for most people and as a result they couldn't get a serious buyer, just guys wanting to joyride it.
To me, the regular SS was a little soft in some cases but the 1LE felt perfect especially on the freeway expansion joints.

I placed my order for a 1LE even though I was not a big fan of the black hood wrap and wheels but I was sold on the performance after my test drive alone in one but I bought my ZL1 at the last minute due to a great deal that I couldn't pass up.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:41 PM   #64
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:

The funny thing is I did not like the ride of the SS. Even my mom didn't like it. When I got my 1LE, she was pushing my dad to get one too.

I have yet to get a single complaint about the ride of my 1LE, even from my grandfather who has had multiple back surgeries.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:50 PM   #65
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The funny thing is I did not like the ride of the SS. Even my mom didn't like it. When I got my 1LE, she was pushing my dad to get one too.

I have yet to get a single complaint about the ride of my 1LE, even from my grandfather who has had multiple back surgeries.
Agreed, love the ride in my 1LE. Some bumps can be a little harsh but they are sorted out very quickly. There should be no compaints with the magnetic ride in the sixth gen.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:07 PM   #66
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Keys words there are "reasonable price"...otherwise they will be knocking $25K off the price again like the 5th gen Z28's that sat on lots of months and months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Abso-freakin'-lutely.
To me the car that has a Z/28 logo on it, has to be worthy on the name plate, so that will be a high priced car, for a good reason, if you want a good all around car with lots of power get the new ZL1, you want a good track car get the 1LE, both are good cars in there way, if you want the top track dog it will be the New Z/28.

With the new ZL1 coming in (By the time you add all the Cool parts) at all most $70K what do you want, a "Z/28" that will be more of a true track car, or a Z28 that want have the power but may be a track car, to me that is the 1LE, time is coming to see what this car is, if you have most of the same member of the Camaro team that built the old Z/28 working on the new ca,r what way do you think they will go.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #67
SpeedIsLife

"Worthy of the nameplate"...oi

Ford produced a car that was "worthy of the Boss 302 nameplate" in the Boss 302 of 2012/2013..it didn't break the bank.
The original Z/28 wasn't the super car that the legend has hyped it to be..it was very capable but wasn't a world beater. GM chose in the 5th Gen to use that nameplate to make a supremely track dominant car, not because it was the only model worthy of the Z/28 name.

If the 1LE was named the Z/28..it would be "worthy of the nameplate".
Old 10-19-2016, 02:36 PM   #68
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
"Worthy of the nameplate"...oi

Ford produced a car that was "worthy of the Boss 302 nameplate" in the Boss 302 of 2012/2013..it didn't break the bank.
The original Z/28 wasn't the super car that the legend has hyped it to be..it was very capable but wasn't a world beater. GM chose in the 5th Gen to use that nameplate to make a supremely track dominant car, not because it was the only model worthy of the Z/28 name.

If the 1LE was named the Z/28..it would be "worthy of the nameplate".
To you, but its not up to any one of us, and at the time back in 69 when you got a Z/28 price went up X2 or more, nothing changed only how big the number of a new car is, if there is a new Z/28 think it will be $84K+, will they sale a lot of cars, NO, but look at a Z06 there in the $95k and ad a Z07 on top of that and your close to $115, got news for most members prices are not going down on new cars only up.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:46 PM   #69
SpeedIsLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
To you, but its not up to any one of us, and at the time back in 69 when you got a Z/28 price went up X2 or more, nothing changed only how big the number of a new car is, if there is a new Z/28 think it will be $84K+, will they sale a lot of cars, NO, but look at a Z06 there in the $95k and ad a Z07 on top of that and your close to $115, got news for most members prices are not going down on new cars only up.
No, the price of the Z/28 wasn't double or more...you're thinking of the ZL1.

The Z/28 was only around $1,000 more expensive than a base Camaro, and roughly $450 more than a base SS.

The only reason people think the Z/28 has to be what it is is because of what GM hyped the Gen 5 to be.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:08 PM   #70
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Did anyone hear the engine when these cars were on the Back of the Dragon? Any supercharger whine?
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote