Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #99
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Nelson sent them to me in an email. He's a member here on the site.
Yep, I've scoured the internet since 2006 and compiled about 3GB of Camaro pics, documents, etc to hopefully one day compile into some sort or archive on the new Camaro.......I was surprised when I saw how much it has come too.

I'm sure many of you have similar collections.

I'm still looking for the text that went along with the pics though. It was part of the Saleen build-up though.

I'll see what else I can come up with in the archives......

Nelson
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #100
v84life

Drives: 05 CTS-V 07 Escalade
One thing thats funny about all of this is Steve is leaving his company that bares his name. He is going to start working with a import maker out of china. I think his board basically forced him out due to different visions of the company. So as I was writing this, a light went off maybe he will start a new spin off company working with Camaro's. There was a large article about this in Robb Report over this summer...
v84life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:04 PM   #101
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
I still believe the SS will be the top dog. The Z28 will be the middle range car. However I remember reading that the original Z28 was an opition code for a better handling suspension and was only available after the SS option. So technicaly speaking (if I remember corectly), the Z28 was the top dog. But I still want an SS it strikes more fear in those Brokeback Mountain pony riders!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:38 PM   #102
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
I still believe the SS will be the top dog. The Z28 will be the middle range car. However I remember reading that the original Z28 was an opition code for a better handling suspension and was only available after the SS option. So technicaly speaking (if I remember corectly), the Z28 was the top dog. But I still want an SS it strikes more fear in those Brokeback Mountain pony riders!

HAHAHA brokeback mountain pony boys! OK sorry just got back from the gym and have too much energy! I don't really care, you can call it an SS or a Z28 or it can just say "Camaro" as long as I know what I have in my engine is power....I'm happy.

I asked another guy on the forums and didn't get a response but how do you dig that CTS-V??? I saw one at a dealer a few months before I left for Iraq and the a$$hole wouldn't let me test drive it!! I was actually considering trading my truck in when I got back and getting one.
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #103
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
With any performance car, dealers are very cautious of who they let test drive it, because they'll get guys who have no intention of buying the car but just want to drive it, or worse. I've heard horror stories.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:45 AM   #104
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
Oh definitely, some actually ask for pay slips to make sure you're able to afford it so that you're not going on a joyride, which occasionally I do go to dealers just for some joyrides, but also to get a feel for some cars. I test drove a BMW Z4 before I left and I liked the way it drove but hated being cramped in that damn thing.

So, people talk about the SS or the Z28 with performance and handling, I thought for the F-Bodies they put a better suspension on the SS though?? I don't own an SS so I don't know a whole lot about them either, I'll just look retarded and naiive and ask.
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #105
yoda

Drives: 2006 Sierra Denali
Camaro vs. Saleen or Racecraft Musta$ng. In May of 2008 I drove to a ford dealership to view the saleen mustang in my 2006 Sierra Denali black on black. In the showroom was a black saleen and a shelby coupe. Mostly I liked the saleen due to $20,000 price difference. The saleen was a 2007 asking price was $59,000 They offered 31,000 on trade, still being an 07 I felt they could do better, it didn't happen. 5 months later I saw racecraft mustangs advertised just below 40,000. The car was supercharged and produced 425h.p. and had the saleen suspension. It was presented as a base car that could be altered according to the owner. Racecraft is the company that builds the saleen. This car was a base G.T. , the interior was terrible from the seats with driver 2-way power average radio etc. I would say due to my age and all the luxury features of the Sierra, XM, Bose, power front seats heated, dual air and heat, sunroof, leather 2 tone, big horsepower, corners o.k. for a truck and has a great ride I couldn't let it go especially when a few months after getting a trade of 31,0000 now being offered 22,000. A few days passed and I saw an article on the new Camaro priced under 40,000, aluminum Ls3, independent rear 4 link aluminum housing, tremec 6 speed, boston accoustics, XM, power seats both front heated, 4piston brembos etc. To get a comparable block in the mustang, trans., stereo, watts link, etc. a man needs to spend 70,000 to 85,000 dollars, for instance the H302s.c.. It's a no brainer to order a Camaro. Imagine adding another 20,000 to the Camaro !
yoda is offline   Reply With Quote