The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

Old 07-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
Jay_Levine

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Convertible top colors

Anyone have any insight on the color options?
Jay_Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Levine View Post
Anyone have any insight on the color options?
Black, Blue, Grey, Kalahari.

Watch the whole video, its awesome, or skip to 1 hour, 10 minutes in to see for yourself, and pictures of the colors.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
Jay_Levine

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Thank you so much.. I watched the entire video. It is the best overview and details of the car. I have my pre-order in for a convertible. Now it is just a matter of waiting. I am stuck between 2 colors - Cyber grey and Midnight blue. Both look great. I am leaning toward the cyber grey with the Kalahari interior and the LT3 package. I want navigation and have to see the difference between LT2 plus Nav and just going with LT3 and getting the added leather.
Jay_Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Levine View Post
Thank you so much.. I watched the entire video. It is the best overview and details of the car. I have my pre-order in for a convertible. Now it is just a matter of waiting. I am stuck between 2 colors - Cyber grey and Midnight blue. Both look great. I am leaning toward the cyber grey with the Kalahari interior and the LT3 package. I want navigation and have to see the difference between LT2 plus Nav and just going with LT3 and getting the added leather.
You're quite welcome, I agree, it is the best overall video I've seen, and by a large margin. I think you'd be happy with either. Just take into account the grey will be more common, while the midnight blue is going to be pretty rare if you are into that unique factor.

Also, I encourage you to consider alternatives to the 3D navigation. $800?? For what exactly? A GPS chip and an okay integrated navigator? MyLink offers an app that you run on your phone, and it shows on the screen just as if it were an integrated system, and for $50. Or you could always use google maps navigation's turn by turn voice guided nav for free.

I used to be a big fan of integrated nav systems, but for $800, its time to show automakers that they either need to make their systems more competitive, or lose the consumer to 3rd party applications altogether. Not to mention it just doesn't look very impressive to me. It's not the easiest thing to see, but this photo shows the 3D nav, and it looks very.. unprofessional. The integration of 3D mapping looks underdeveloped at best, completely distracting at worst. Just my two cents.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain

To add in on the 3D mapping, my SRX has it, and it is awesome. Buildings near you fade out so you can see the roads, and it auto zooms in and out depending on how close the next maneuver is. Very impressive. Not to mention, whomever sees it, it makes their jaw drop.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #6
Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
To add in on the 3D mapping, my SRX has it, and it is awesome. Buildings near you fade out so you can see the roads, and it auto zooms in and out depending on how close the next maneuver is. Very impressive. Not to mention, whomever sees it, it makes their jaw drop.
Thanks for the insight on the Nav! I tried to find a sock in mouth kind of smilie, but apparently it doesn't exist. So just imagine one of the little yellow guys putting a sock in his mouth right here.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
It's ok. At first glance it looks really busy. But being from the vid game era, I love it! Tech is almost catching the future; GM just needs to get better updates/ map sources.