Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #1
scv_guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Fuel pressure issues!! see pic!

I have a 2010 Camaro L99 stock engine with the following mods:
turbonetics kit set to 10psi via boost controller
70lbs injectors
meth injection 50/50 mix
Livernois dual pump assembly
cat delete w/ full exhaust

here's the problem, at WOT I'm seeing fuel pressure drop at both the rail and injector delta pressure (I have a mech. connected to the fuel rail for testing) See the attached log, I was under the assumption that with that pump I would not see a pressure drop at the rail. Are there setting in HP tuners I missed for the FCPM or pump control?
Attached Images

scv_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
ok, still really confused with this. You have a little over 9# of boost, and are showing a delta pressure of 45.4#. 45.4+9.13= 54.53 or maybe 2-3# of pressure drop. I would double check the install of the pump as well, as we make over 700 RWHP without any issues with this without a BAP or methanol. And those are on blower cars, turbo cars are even easier on the fuel system. Something has to be wrong somewhere whether it be the install, or the tune.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #3
scv_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
ok, still really confused with this. You have a little over 9# of boost, and are showing a delta pressure of 45.4#. 45.4+9.13= 54.53 or maybe 2-3# of pressure drop. I would double check the install of the pump as well, as we make over 700 RWHP without any issues with this without a BAP or methanol. And those are on blower cars, turbo cars are even easier on the fuel system. Something has to be wrong somewhere whether it be the install, or the tune.
ok let's say the tuner didn't tune the pump drivers as James from Livernois called them, would this cause the problems I'm seeing at the rail as far as the pressure drop is concerned?
Old 04-29-2015, 02:05 PM   #4
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by scv_guy View Post
ok let's say the tuner didn't tune the pump drivers as James from Livernois called them, would this cause the problems I'm seeing at the rail as far as the pressure drop is concerned?
it still should not. We have people drop them in and go all of the time without issue. My fear is something was changed in the tune that is effecting it the incorrect way, or it's installed improperly.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
scv_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
it still should not. We have people drop them in and go all of the time without issue. My fear is something was changed in the tune that is effecting it the incorrect way, or it's installed improperly.
The tune may be a possibility, but the install was pretty straight forward. No problems there.