Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #71
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedrop View Post
i'll get to the next stop sign 1 second sooner than you. you mad?
If you were ever at one of my cookouts and I realized at the last moment that I'd completely forgotten sauerkraut, I'd send you to go get it. Ya know? For the time savings. The brats are gonna be done any second. Go, go, go!
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #72
firedrop

Drives: 2012 2ss/l99 a6, victory red
how'd you know that i loved sauerkraut? the german condiment of the gods.

CAI, custom catback with flowmaster series 10s
firedrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #73
Stormwalker
Lacks clever title

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
That is the beauty of the Camaro, even with a base model it is hard to tell the difference unless you know the car.
They all look sexy!
This is truth.

I used to be the kinda guy who looked down on people who bought a 6-cylinder. But then, my opinion was shaped by my first car (a 1965 Mustang), and the six-cylinder available in that car was *junk*.

Now that I'm older, I can totally see why someone would buy the 6. At 323 horsepower, it has more pull than *many* V8 sports cars over the years.

I personally went for the SS because I simply had to have that V8 rumble. I grew up with it, and I've missed it so over the years. Still, if I'd been on a tighter budget, I'd have definitely given the 6-cylinders a look. They're fine cars, and plenty powerful for the street. Not to mention, you get much better gas mileage.

In any *practical* way, as a daily driver, a strong argument could be made that the 6-cylinder is a superior car, especially for the money.
Stormwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #74
6bangerBOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedrop View Post
how'd you know that i loved sauerkraut? the german condiment of the gods.
Sauerkraut lovers just know when they're among like company. The real problem with my response was that the kraut would have been on the grill before the brats!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #75
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
rontammy0 is kinda out there. Say what you will about the annoying V8 champion/V6 bashing posts (which are frequent) the guy puts his heart and soul into each post. I commend the effort.
Kinda out there ?...wtf are you smoking. Ive been called a lot in my 44 years ...but not once have I been called "out there". So either all those people I know or have met over the years are wrong...or your conclusion of my personality based on camaro5 posts may not be accurate. I could conclude your a little ugly based on your drivers license pic in your avatar...im sure I would be wrong...just like you are.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #76
6bangerBOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Kinda out there ?...wtf are you smoking. Ive been called a lot in my 44 years ...but not once have I been called "out there". So either all those people I know or have met over the years are wrong...or your conclusion of my personality based on camaro5 posts may not be accurate. I could conclude your a little ugly based on your drivers license pic in your avatar...im sure I would be wrong...just like you are.
You're silly.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #77
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ides of March View Post
How did you get the Mylink and the gauges in an LS?
Its plug and play. Gen5diy sells it.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #78
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
ides of March, I remember you asking a similar question about a yr ago. you can upgrade install about anything.
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #79
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I don't remember engine choice being part of the thread topic . a lot of unnecessary mine is bigger than yours bs.. that's what it is..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:07 AM   #80
Trickster929

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Synergy Green
My sentiments exactly! Love my V6!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
I had a 1lt non RS, traded it in on a loaded out 2lt/rs vert..........ya I went with luxury and looks over 2 more cylinders. Livin in the city here in Vegas I find I really dont have a need for tge SS, but had more of a need for the droptop.
I guess I could take an SS to the track here, but I felt it isnt really worth the extra cost for it, I am rather impressed with the power and performance of the v6, and when all is said and done.......who am I racing anyways, and why race? I love the cars for all that tbey are, but being the fastest guy on the roads where there are speed limits and traffic laws makes no sense to me......
Old 05-28-2014, 07:13 AM   #81
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
You're silly.
I accept your apology....
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #82
Lumix

Drives: 2015 1LT
I've had my 1LT for three and a half years now. Never considered trading for anything else. The V6 is just too damned good. How ya gonna beat this for $21,500???
Attached Images

Lumix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #83
67convfirstowner

Drives: 1967 conv V-8 orig
Am I satisfied with my 2013 2LS?YES.Why?
1.It had to be a Camaro.I still own the Camaro convertible I bought in 1967.
2.Styling.It is gorgeous. The 2010 Camaro won the World Car Design of the Year award, an award for its looks.It is the only American car ever to win.The stylists concentrated on the basic car.All the changes to the more expensive cars so the expert can tell what is under the hood are recognition badges that do nothing to enhance appearance to most people.
3.I like the six.323 is plenty of horsepower, and if you drove in the traffic I do, you would have an automatic too.Sixes got a justified bum rap when Detroit made the first big HP race starting in the fifties.In 1967 the base six had 140 horsepower while the tamest SS had 295 for more than double the power.Both were pushrod engines, the six was from the thirties and the V-8s were new and hot.Advertising did the rest.But that was fifty years ago.This time the SS gives only 32% more power.The six has double-overhead cams and puts out about 90 hp/L, while the eight is still pushrod and puts out only about 69 hp/L.The decider for me was the Cadillac ATS.The ATS starts out with a blown four, and if you want exactly the same engine that is in a Camaro LS, it comes in an $8,000 package.Cadillac doesn’t look down its nose at this six.I’ll bet the six is the more expensive engine.
4.Yes, the steel wheels are tacky.But the go-for-broke-set keeps pulling nice wheels off new cars that they then sell for very little.You will need to be a 14-year old boy or a current SS or above owner to spot me on the road.
67convfirstowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #84
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by klyoun1 View Post
I have a modified SS and am still trying to figure out how to move up to a ZL1...why buy a performance icon to pose? I realize everyone has their own budget but I'd rather buy an older performance car and feel it's intent than a lesser "new" car.
Bwahahahahaha!

Clueless.

But thanks for the laugh.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote