The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 07-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
mrrrkva

Drives: 2014 Stingray z51
How do you know if the dealer has an allocation?

I am getting ready to put money down tomorrow at a dealer. How do I know if he has the promised allocation? He says the "owner" has the first car and I would have the second. He also wants $5000 down, which I think is high but really dont mind. I just dont want to be waiting until November or December for my car.
mrrrkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrrkva View Post
I am getting ready to put money down tomorrow at a dealer. How do I know if he has the promised allocation? He says the "owner" has the first car and I would have the second. He also wants $5000 down, which I think is high but really dont mind. I just dont want to be waiting until November or December for my car.
At this point in time, that's the time frame you are looking at.

Here's the page:
http://www.chevrolet.com/new-2014-co.../specs/specs_1

Click on View Authorized Dealers, put in your zip code for Staunton, and see if your dealer pops up. If it doesn't, he doesn't have initial allocation.

$5000 is on the steeper side of deposits, but you have to do what you have to do. Keep in mind Kerbeck's Corvette has plenty of allocation left, still well before halfway through their allocation, and you can either go up to atlantic city from there to get it, or have it courtesy delivered to one of your local chevy dealers for a small fee.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
My dealer has another allocation open
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
mrrrkva

Drives: 2014 Stingray z51
Thank you so much for the link. It assisted me in finding a dealer in my area that had an immediate allocation, with a little homework. Should be getting a September delivery. PM me as the dealer has at least one more slot available. I love the help on this site, it helped me get my Vette 3-4 months sooner!
mrrrkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrrkva View Post
Thank you so much for the link. It assisted me in finding a dealer in my area that had an immediate allocation, with a little homework. Should be getting a September delivery. PM me as the dealer has at least one more slot available. I love the help on this site, it helped me get my Vette 3-4 months sooner!
That's the whole idea welcome to the community, where there is always entertainment as well as plenty of help when it is needed