The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #15
Ravenwood

Drives: 2010 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Really, this site is owned by a private entity and not the Federal Government.

Take a Civics class for a refresher ...
Old 05-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #16
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
I think the title was something like " this petition was a complete waste of time"
Old 05-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #17
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
I think the title was something like " this petition was a complete waste of time"
Let's hope not but...I found this statement in the, "What's Not Covered" section of GM warranty interesting:

"AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ALTERATIONS AND WARRANTIES. The Chevrolet New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage or failure resulting from modifications, installations, or alterations to the original equipment as manufactured or assembled by General Motors."

Still a question as to, "failure resulting from..."

http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty.html
Old 05-16-2016, 11:41 AM   #18
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
When a thread is meaningless and turns into a bitch session it gets deleted, plain and simple.
I don't know you, but like your no nonsense approach. You'd be a good guy to have a beer with sometime
Old 05-16-2016, 11:50 AM   #19
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
When a thread is meaningless and turns into a bitch session it gets deleted, plain and simple.
Meaningless?
Sure GM denied to warranty to repair, but a complete powertrain void, on an engine the dealer screwed up on a non power adder is BS in the eyes of many. Oh your rear diff is howling because of bad set up..... must be the catch can. And your leaking caliper.... that was caused by changing to Gorilla locks.

It was a petty dismisal, and voiding the powertrain warranty is pure BS.
Enough BS that I will be looking elsewhere for my next purchase.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #20
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Yes, it's huge conspiracy. It was deleted by a black helicopter being piloted by Bigfoot. He gave it to some guys wearing suits and dark sunglasses, driving black SUVs (without catch-cans). It was then delivered it to Area 51. A couple of them may have had clicky-flashy things.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
Old 05-16-2016, 06:59 PM   #21
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Meaningless?
Sure GM denied to warranty to repair, but a complete powertrain void, on an engine the dealer screwed up on a non power adder is BS in the eyes of many. Oh your rear diff is howling because of bad set up..... must be the catch can. And your leaking caliper.... that was caused by changing to Gorilla locks.

It was a petty dismisal, and voiding the powertrain warranty is pure BS.
Enough BS that I will be looking elsewhere for my next purchase.
Exactly my point ( meaningless ) !!!
It was at the right place , getting a lot of traffic , and just like that it was moved to a more appropriate place , really !?
I'm getting on that edge , I really like to read as much I can the posts from other camaro owners , whatever it is a mechanical issue , mods , warrantee issues and coverages /exclusions etc
Things tend to happen for a reason , and most of the time that reason is not what it seems to be , or what we are given , and it really sucks when that happen , I do think the one we are pissed about fits that last option
Old 05-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #22
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
Yes, it's huge conspiracy. It was deleted by a black helicopter being piloted by Bigfoot. He gave it to some guys wearing suits and dark sunglasses, driving black SUVs (without catch-cans). It was then delivered it to Area 51. A couple of them may have had clicky-flashy things.
I didn't see any suggestions directed to what you call ( conspiracy )
But when someone , anyone holds a purse on where a certain portion of what's inside the said purse , he or she can , and normally does things move the way he/she wants , it's called buying power !
One can take the business from one place to another at will , it does apply to anything , consumers ( us ) and B2B
If I don't like the color of the printer you are printing my order , I can , and if I want make you change the printer color , or the room where it is located and I don't really have to say why , specially if I'm a big costumer of yours
That's the way things work , follow the money , and one doesn't even need to look any further !
Old 05-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #23
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
It was at the right place , getting a lot of traffic , and just like that it was moved to a more appropriate place , really !?
It's called "SUBSCRIBE". You can follow the thread and its responses, even if it is moved to another subforum.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
Old 05-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
I'm getting on that edge , I really like to read as much I can the posts from other camaro owners , whatever it is a mechanical issue , mods , warrantee issues and coverages /exclusions etc
Things tend to happen for a reason , and most of the time that reason is not what it seems to be , or what we are given , and it really sucks when that happen , I do think the one we are pissed about fits that last option
If a thread is in the right place, logically it cannot be moved to a more appropriate place. I don't know where the thread you're talking about was, or where it was moved to. But if dealt with warranties and was in General Discussions, it was not in the 'right' place.

And I don't know what you're talking about with things not happening for the reason given/expected. We run this site in a pretty transparent manner. We don't fully explain why a thread was moved or deleted or closed, but normally thats because its fairly obvious why we did what we did. If a thread is completely useless, it gets deleted. If it gets horribly derailed with no hope of being set right, it gets closed. If its in the wrong part of the site, it gets moved. Sometimes we act sooner than some members would like, sometimes it takes us too long. But the reason why we do what we do aught to be fairly self evident.

Of course, if you believe that we're conspiring against the thousands upon thousands of members then my words would merely serve to prove your point. Because the REAL reason for why we do what we do isn't what moderators like me say ... its whatever people who have 0 involvement in running this site (and are never privy to any behind the scenes discussions) say it is.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #25
Kamaro223
Kamaro223

Drives: 2016 RS/LT Camaros
The post/thread about my buying experience is gone. It's not in my posts anymore either. I wrote some cool stuff and now it's all gone :(
Old 10-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #26
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaro223 View Post
The post/thread about my buying experience is gone. It's not in my posts anymore either. I wrote some cool stuff and now it's all gone :(
Hello, your post was posted in a thread where the thread starter was spamming the forum. The entire thread was therefore removed.

Closed Thread