Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 04-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #113
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
Thank you!! that is the thing I've tried to figure out , and when I've been given the excuse that it's the dealer that needs to take care of the situation by customer service, I say why is that chevrolet should have caught this at the factory ! , So again this should be a dealer VS chevrolet problem not mine or anyone else's!!! . I've turned this exact subject over and over in my head good to see alot of you have the same thoughts!!!.
That's why if you meet with a lawyer you should ask him about naming General Motors Lansing assembly as a defendant along with the dealer and the names of every salesman, manager, and any other person you've talked to along the way, in your lawsuit.

GM Lansing Delta Assembly
8175 Millet Highway
Lansing MI

Old 04-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #114
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
That's why if you meet with a lawyer you should ask him about naming General Motors Lansing assembly as a defendant along with the dealer and the names of every salesman, manager, and any other person you've talked to along the way, in your lawsuit.

GM Lansing Delta Assembly
8175 Millet Highway
Lansing MI

Thank you Noted, every idea is being wrote down . I do want to give every opportunity for the parties involved to make it right , this site has brought some attention to my issue . Trying be as patient as possible , I can't stress enough to EVERYONE how Thankful I am for you all.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #115
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Here in MI, there are TV stations that have segments like "Help me Hank" where you can contact them with a consumer issue and they report on the issue and intervene on the consumers behalf.

Maybe you have something local like this where you could contact them. If you do, I would email them and copy the person at the dealership that you are working with....I am sure they don't want bad press to effect their sales...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/help-me-hank
Old 04-07-2016, 02:57 PM   #116
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin803 View Post
Here in MI, there are TV stations that have segments like "Help me Hank" where you can contact them with a consumer issue and they report on the issue and intervene on the consumers behalf.

Maybe you have something local like this where you could contact them. If you do, I would email them and copy the person at the dealership that you are working with....I am sure they don't want bad press to effect their sales...

That's a good idea. I don't think GM wants any bad press on the Camaro either...
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
Old 04-07-2016, 03:18 PM   #117
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
I Purchased my 2SS on December 12 , I didn't follow the procedure of fully checking over my Car , I have a Thread
( I'm so pissed ) in the warranty problem category. After months of going back and forth, The dealership and chevrolet have decided to not trade my car for a properly painted 50k sticker sports car. Now they want me to take or leave them repainting my car and me losing my warranty for the paint .
Don't just assume like I did that your car is what it should be!!. Be aware that this is a mass production vehicle and people just don't always do their job. Also the Dealership and Chevrolet don't stand by their customers and the product, if you sign the contract and then find something wrong they will not completely stand by their product and do the right thing. This is my 2nd Vehicle in a year that I've had nothing but problems with , I'm ashamed to say that I've been a long standing customer and have supported Chevrolet and other GM products since I was able to Drive SOO ,,,, Buyers BEWARE!!!!!
Hi Camaro1&6,

I truly apologize for any ongoing frustrations this situation may have caused. I have responded to your most recent private message and documented that within your case. I will be sure to note this interaction within your file as well to ensure that all information is readily available for internal review within GM.

Warm regards,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-07-2016, 03:46 PM   #118
camaro1&6

[QUOTE=Chevrolet Customer Svc;9017931]Hi Camaro1&6,

I truly apologize for any ongoing frustrations this situation may have caused. I have responded to your most recent private message and documented that within your case. I will be sure to note this interaction within your file as well to ensure that all information is readily available for internal review within GM.

Warm regards,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer

Thank you! ,
Old 04-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #119
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin803 View Post

Yes, might be in the near future I have some connections with some people in the tv and radio stations here in buffalo , I have about 15 people as of right now that will stand with me in front of the dealership walking the side walk , with signage in hand
Old 04-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #120
camaro1&6

Pictures
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2016, 09:50 PM   #121
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Corrosion protection on galvanized steel is only good so long as nothing scratches through the paint, primer, and into the bare steel.

Once the bare steel is exposed to the elements it will begin rusting immediately and will rust just as bad as a '72 Dodge Dart.
72 dodge dart was not galvanized that's the key term here, google it.

I have a friend who has a 1983 Porsche 944 no rust because its galvanized meanwhile my other friend has an 1989 BMW E30 with rust out the wazoo its not galvanized.

Galvanization is the key term here the camaro is galvanized, so its much more resisted to rusting.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:07 PM   #122
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
72 dodge dart was not galvanized that's the key term here, google it.

I have a friend who has a 1983 Porsche 944 no rust because its galvanized meanwhile my other friend has an 1989 BMW E30 with rust out the wazoo its not galvanized.

Galvanization is the key term here the camaro is galvanized, so its much more resisted to rusting.
You missed my point. If you sand or scratch off the protective coating of ANY modern car with galvanized steel it will still rust just as bad as any car that's not galvanized. The difference is that old cars rusted even if the coating wasn't scratched down to the bare metal.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:09 PM   #123
LeftFoot

Drives: Peel P50
I'll be watching this one closely. I'm potentially in the market for a new Camaro but your experience makes me wary of buying GM. GM needs to step-up and make you whole.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:25 PM   #124
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftFoot View Post
I'll be watching this one closely. I'm potentially in the market for a new Camaro but your experience makes me wary of buying GM. GM needs to step-up and make you whole.
An executive from GM's office reached out to me regarding an issue I had. (works with the executive office, not the VP or anything)

In the end i'm walking away with, the car being fixed (obviously lol) and several "goodwill" packages a few grand....

I can safely say GM, for me at least, has not only stepped up to the plate... They have gone beyond for me.. Not very user is the same, not every story is the same.

OP: Please send me a PM with your information . I will reach out to the executive office I'm currently working with and see if I can pass your information along.. I do not feel comfortable sharing his information without permission... But I have a feeling this might help you out a bit more than whats going on now.

GM does not want bad press, you are correct.. Lets see how this plays out, but I wish you the best of luck.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:04 PM   #125
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
An executive from GM's office reached out to me regarding an issue I had. (works with the executive office, not the VP or anything)

In the end i'm walking away with, the car being fixed (obviously lol) and several "goodwill" packages a few grand....

I can safely say GM, for me at least, has not only stepped up to the plate... They have gone beyond for me.. Not very user is the same, not every story is the same.

OP: Please send me a PM with your information . I will reach out to the executive office I'm currently working with and see if I can pass your information along.. I do not feel comfortable sharing his information without permission... But I have a feeling this might help you out a bit more than whats going on now.

GM does not want bad press, you are correct.. Lets see how this plays out, but I wish you the best of luck.
Im happy to hear they took care of your situation , That's all one can ask for !! I wish that would roll for me thank you
Old 04-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #126
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
please it is a stretch to say this is a 50K car, and Tesla without government support and rebates would be out of business and I'm sorry I can't afford a 100K car. With 2K insurance and on a good day a 240 mile range before I have to plug it in overnight. Sorry give me a dinosaur.
Try it at 25 minutes and ready to go !

Closed Thread