Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #15
vuduman67

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
four words.... CAR FAX! It's gunna show up that your brand new car already had work done, and later if you decide to sell it, that repair will be on the report.
Your car shouldn't have depleated value BEFORE you drive it off the lot!

I say wait! It's worth it
It will not show up on carfax that it was repaired unless the dealership notifies them which they would not due for any reason. Carfax gets its info from insurance claims. If you wreck your car and repair it yourself or take it to a repair shop and pay for the repairs and not involve your insurance company Carfax will never know and cannot possibly report it. For this reason I always tell people to not trust a carfax report alone. Inspect a used car very closely. If you have a favorite Repair shop see if you can bring any used car by for them to look at before you buy. I've seen it numerous times. Clean report, repaired car.....
vuduman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #16
MONEY
Black 2ss/rs Mid-August

Drives: 1999 Silverado, 1978 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuduman67 View Post
It will not show up on carfax that it was repaired unless the dealership notifies them which they would not due for any reason. Carfax gets its info from insurance claims. If you wreck your car and repair it yourself or take it to a repair shop and pay for the repairs and not involve your insurance company Carfax will never know and cannot possibly report it. For this reason I always tell people to not trust a carfax report alone. Inspect a used car very closely. If you have a favorite Repair shop see if you can bring any used car by for them to look at before you buy. I've seen it numerous times. Clean report, repaired car.....
Not trying to start anything, But Everytime you buy ANYTHING From the dealer they take your vin#. Someone always knows what happened to your car in the past, Unless, like you said, you take it to a shop and pay for it. But this work would be done by the dealer.
Not saying your wrong about the car fax thing, just something to think about.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #17
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Don't wait! Get the car fixed. That sucks that happened, but I would just get it fixed.
Maybe it's just me, but I always look on the positive side of things. It won't be any less of a car just because you had to get it fixed. Maybe you can even work out some money off. Bottom line though it's what you feel about it. If you just can't live with it, then I guess don't get it. Yes it sucks and is a big deal, but it will get fixed.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #18
Shaggy
2010 Maro owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
buddy don't complain, at least you have your car, I have been waiting 10 months.
How can you be waiting 10 months when orders were only taken from Oct + Thats only 7 months.

I would get the car fixed and be happy with it. You will regret not doing that..
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #19
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
get a new one but borrow this one until you new car arrives

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #20
socalicrusin

Drives: 2010 Camaro2SS/RS Summit White A6
Tough scenario.

I would just order another one! UNLESS they are talking a HUGE discount...take into consideration possible resale later on..you will have to take a hit for selling a car that has previous body work done to it!!! And that would extend to even the dealership that is selling you the car--they will de-value the car at trade-in time....ask for a least $2500-$3K off MSRP or no dice!
socalicrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #21
TheNetGarage
We Sell Vinyl!

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Not trying to start anything, But Everytime you buy ANYTHING From the dealer they take your vin#. Someone always knows what happened to your car in the past, Unless, like you said, you take it to a shop and pay for it. But this work would be done by the dealer.
Not saying your wrong about the car fax thing, just something to think about.
He is right, it will not show up on CarFax, but I still would have a tough time paying full price for a fixed new car. Now if they are willing to give you any break it may be worth it or I would wait. I am sure it will be in by September. The summer is over rated unless your still in school. Once you in the workforce, summer is just two hot months of the year, when the roads are more crowded, gas goes up and the kids get into mischief (some do anyway, I know I did ).
TheNetGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #22
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Look at the damage in person so you know they arent trying to scam you and sell it to another higher bidder. This is a tactic that has been used in the past.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #23
redjewel

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
I would say get your car repaired if comfortable with that. If not then make sure you are the new #1 on their priority and your car is the next one submitted. I think I would wait and get a car that has not been damaged but that is me.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #24
TheNetGarage
We Sell Vinyl!

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
Look at the damage in person so you know they arent trying to scam you and sell it to another higher bidder. This is a tactic that has been used in the past.
That would be a bold move, but you never know, don't hurt to check it for yourself!
TheNetGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #25
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
My black 2SS had a paint chip on the drivers door that happened in transport. It's a very small chip but the dealer noticed it when the car was coming off of the truck. They took pictures and made the truck driver sign a "damaged in transport" form. I just need to set up an appointment to get the work done and it will be paid for by the transport company. Yes it's a PIA and I hate the fact that I already have to have some paint work done, but I'm so happy with the car it's not bugging me that much.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #26
Betro02

Drives: Powerful
Quote:
four words.... CAR FAX! It's gunna show up that your brand new car already had work done, and later if you decide to sell it, that repair will be on the report.
Your car shouldn't have depleated value BEFORE you drive it off the lot!

I say wait! It's worth it
Really? somebody told me that car fax its only applied after the car was delivered, for example if the car gets damaged at the dealer it does not get a car fax report but if the customer has some kind of repair done to it after delivery it does get car fax report.
Betro02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
Betro02

Drives: Powerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
My black 2SS had a paint chip on the drivers door that happened in transport. It's a very small chip but the dealer noticed it when the car was coming off of the truck. They took pictures and made the truck driver sign a "damaged in transport" form. I just need to set up an appointment to get the work done and it will be paid for by the transport company. Yes it's a PIA and I hate the fact that I already have to have some paint work done, but I'm so happy with the car it's not bugging me that much.

Russ
They should have different types of car hauler trailers, like the ones down in Mexico are very similar to the trailers that we use here in the U.S.A but they have a cover on the side to prevent chips from little rocks.
Betro02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #28
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Since it's just a panel, let them replace the body panel with another new one. The car is new, it will match perfectly. I would not take it "fixed" as in a body shop repairing the existing panel; get a new one. It's no different than if it got dinged on the assembly line and they just replace it with another new one. It's just a panel.

Make sure you have it in writing that they replace it with a brand new panel; don't sign off on the inspection report until you have it in writing.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote