The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #29
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
+1 and I own an A10
Old 12-12-2017, 07:06 AM   #30
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
I'd like to ask that we keep this thread simply about your support (or non-support) for asking Al the question in the original post. (Suggestions for tweaking the wording of the question are also welcome.)
In the spirit of tweaking things . . . with about 550 total posts in just the two threads you linked, is there any easy way to provide a summary so that Al & Company don't have to wade through all 550 (or end up deciding that doing so might be too time-consuming)?

Norm
Old 12-12-2017, 07:22 AM   #31
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
In the spirit of tweaking things . . . with about 550 total posts in just the two threads you linked, is there any easy way to provide a summary so that Al & Company don't have to wade through all 550 (or end up deciding that doing so might be too time-consuming)?

Norm
There is no expectation that Al and his team read any of the related threads. This is about the question in the original post.

With that said, Al's team has already been provided with a summary of the issues discussed in the other threads. I also put a data recorder on my car and reproduced the issues several times for them. So I believe they have all of the data they need if they choose to address those issues.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:50 AM   #32
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydmc View Post
Be careful of any "expectation" of the Launch Control.
<snip>
See new thread for a reply.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...9#post10006679

Norm
Old 12-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #33
tcs13

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Black
Thank you for continuing to have these questions answered. I'm definitely throwing my support your way around this topic.

I have experienced the same frustrations with the 'hesitation' in 1st gear. It was at a point that I only drove the car in track mode because it 'behaved' the best. I've had various issues from the start, mostly just having to focus so much on not stalling the vehicle whether in 1st or even reverse. I asked my local dealership during some warranty work about this and they told me the car was operating as designed. However, i noticed a huge difference on the way home. I chalked it up to not driving the car a couple of days and it was all me. After about a 20 minute drive home I noticed I was in Tour mode. I rarely was able to operate the vehicle from 1st in this mode since I had it. The problem still persists but it is not nearly as bad as it was before. I feel something changed during the warranty work but I never followed up with the dealer to ask if 'anything' was done that would explain this.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #34
Diggitydog

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Nightfall Convertible M6
Big time +1 for asking Al and team the original question. My 2017 M6 convertible definitely suffers from this issue. I will vote for this question to be advanced to the team.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #35
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
+1
Old 12-12-2017, 04:31 PM   #36
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Quote:
Any suggestions for tweaking the wording of:

Part of me feels like it's important to point out that M6 ZL1 guys are struggling to even get close to the advertised 1/4 mile time, while some A10 guys are beating their car's advertised time by 4/10ths or more. It's a clear indication of a problem that seems noteworthy.

I tried to keep it factual, but maybe there's a nicer way to say it?
Exactly! ...and there are a large number of people not members of this forum saying the same thing. All anyone has to do is some some searches on YouTube and Google. The Ford/Dodge guys are laughing at us too. They line up at the drag strips, looking for a weakness like jackals. When they see the bog they pounce.

--Cal
Old 12-13-2017, 12:49 AM   #37
Kobal

Drives: n/a
+1. Very interested to gain some insight into the traction control/eLSD relation! Thank you!
Old 12-13-2017, 10:05 AM   #38
k20attack

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
+1
Old 12-13-2017, 12:52 PM   #39
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
I don't think the term "problem" was ever mentioned. This seems like an interesting approach to finding out how the GM team was able to achieve their quarter mile time. Much like the question about the various settings and configurations used to obtain the 'Ring time, up for voting right now in Poll #2.

In my opinion, referring to it as a problem would be unfair, just like referring to someone bouncing off of the rev limiter because they didn't engage NLS correctly wouldn't be a problem. The way I read the OPs post is we're engaging in a discussion and walkthrough similar to what was provided for NLS - combined with what the team knows will work to obtain an 11.8

I'm not sure a "chart" as I've seen it referenced would accomplish the same.

Here's a +1 for my support!
Mr PH adding his +100
Old 12-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #40
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
With that said, Al's team has already been provided with a summary of the issues discussed in the other threads. I also put a data recorder on my car and reproduced the issues several times for them. So I believe they have all of the data they need if they choose to address those issues.
ALL DONE ON MR. LAMBERT'S OWN DIME AND TIME TOO!!!!!
Old 12-13-2017, 09:53 PM   #41
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
+1 let’s get this resolved.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:09 PM   #42
Sinester17

Drives: 2017 Summit white ZL1 M6
+1

Closed Thread