The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Getting spring fever......

Ok, so it has been three years since I sold my Honda CBR 600 F4i motorcycle and each year around spring time I start to get motorcycle fever again.... I was driving around this past weekend and saw a ton of people riding around on their bikes since it was the first nice weekend this year......

Needless to say I have spring fever and am seriously considering converting my "Camaro fund" into a "motorcycle fund".... Man I miss that bike!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Patience buddy! The more $$$ you save, the more $$$ towards the 'Top Dog' Camaro!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Ok, so it has been three years since I sold my Honda CBR 600 F4i motorcycle and each year around spring time I start to get motorcycle fever again.... I was driving around this past weekend and saw a ton of people riding around on their bikes since it was the first nice weekend this year......

Needless to say I have spring fever and am seriously considering converting my "Camaro fund" into a "motorcycle fund".... Man I miss that bike!
NNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Don't do it! :eek: Save that cash! Ok...you could buy used, save some gas money and put that in the bank....trade it in...maybe. Personally, I stopped riding bikes. I won't ride on the streets anymore (too damn dangerous w/ all these morons not paying attention and all) but give me a dirtbike and I'll be all over it!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #4
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
Casull what are u thinking about getting?
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
Casull

My 600 F4i was a pretty good little bike and had plenty of power for me. I don't really need a liter bike, so I am looking at 600's. I really like the Honda 600rr and the Suzuki GSX-R600. The Suzuki's tend to be a little more expensive though. Probably buy slightly used, not new, and then sell it before the Camaro comes out.

Has to be red though as I still have my helmet and jacket ready to go .

Old 03-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

A buddy has a GSXR. Loved the bike. Be careful...I've seen some nasty wrecks.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #7
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
A buddy has a GSXR. Loved the bike. Be careful...I've seen some nasty wrecks.
Tell me about it. I have had a few friends involved in bike wrecks. Usually they occured when they were riding like idiots acting as if they are invincable. I know you can't contol other people, but I do what i can to control how I ride so that I can minimize the risks.

Anyway, still not sure if I am going to pull the trigger or not. If I can find one at a good price, then I will consider it.. otherwise, I will ust wait until 2009.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Tell me about it. I have had a few friends involved in bike wrecks. Usually they occured when they were riding like idiots acting as if they are invincable. I know you can't contol other people, but I do what i can to control how I ride so that I can minimize the risks.

Anyway, still not sure if I am going to pull the trigger or not. If I can find one at a good price, then I will consider it.. otherwise, I will ust wait until 2009.
That's excellent. And, if you seriously want to know about the worst bike wreck, you'd better have a strong stomach.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #9
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
I saw a bad 3 way one time, involved a huge truck, a car, and a bike. Apparently the truck ran the stop sign and literally ran over the car, the biker couldnt stop and nailed the back of the car and flew/rolled over 50 ft and was passed out. The guy in the truck didnt have a scratch, he screwed his suspension all up on the passenger side, his dog was still sittin on top of the toolbox. The car was flattened they had a time of getting the woman out and they flew her to Shands, she died. The biker they took in an ambulance and he pulled through fine, just had some bad roadburn and a cracked helmet.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I worked a fatality moto acc back in Nov. It was nasty. But, I'm sure the moto guy was thinking "uh oh..this is going to hurt" for maybe 1 second and it was lights out. No, I'm not making fun what-so-ever. :(
Old 03-14-2007, 09:10 AM   #11
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I worked a fatality moto acc back in Nov. It was nasty. But, I'm sure the moto guy was thinking "uh oh..this is going to hurt" for maybe 1 second and it was lights out. No, I'm not making fun what-so-ever. :(
Sorry to hear that. I kind of know what you went through. I was on our volunteer fire department years ago and would regularly respond to automobile accidents. I wasn't quite prepared for one night though. A guy had been drinking and drove his car off the highway and flipped it a few times. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was thrown from the vehicle at what appeared to be a pretty high speed. I will spare the details, but let me say, that image will forever be ingrained in my memory.....
Old 03-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #12
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
damn, sometimes people just dont think before they act. so many things can go wrong at one time. i feel sorry for the guys that go through those kinds of wrecks, you gotta use your head. but bikes are amzing vehicles when used properly. Casull your dog looks sad that u dont have the bike anymore in that pic.
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You really need to be careful in anything on the road...but especially in bikes. I like a good motorcycle, don't get me wrong, they're as fun as hell but I would never buy one. They are just too dangerous for me.

I saw a crazy accident right in front of my house once. The nieghbor across the street has at least foot-diameter stones on the street-edge of his property. Two lane 55mph road mind you, and the dip$hit on the bike must have been trying to pass on the right, when he caught the grass and it pulled him right into the stones, he made one nasty flip and skidded 10-15 feet. He made it though, lucky bas---d.

One of my teachers, way back when, (he was a biker) told me of this 100mph club. Where they set up check-points at bars so that to make it to the end, you must break 100 on your bike. Get a patch or something if you make it. Crazy.........
Old 03-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #14
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Pfft they run 150 clubs now lol.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote