Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #169
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakaro68 View Post
man this article has me reading up on divergent nozzles but I can't quite wrap my head around how they would make pressure if the air is expanding...at least from what I've read (online, crappy sources). Can anyone who understands fluid dynamics chime in?
You should have a look at the link I posed earlier and also look at another tech article on the paladin site about aerodynamics

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #170
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yes the calibrations are different but not so much so that it would make any difference when it comes to ability to run any aftermarket products.

Ted.
See, and this is what I'm waiting on an answer for too. Basically, somewhere here a statement was made about what I'm referring to as the "2012 Vacuum Lock Phenomena" saying that "it can't be tuned out".

We need more about this or it just sounds... wrong. I mean there's a big difference between saying "it can't be tuned out" versus saying "it can't be tuned out without replacing the MAF and IAT sensors" or something to that effect.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #171
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
See, and this is what I'm waiting on an answer for too. Basically, somewhere here a statement was made about what I'm referring to as the "2012 Vacuum Lock Phenomena" saying that "it can't be tuned out".

We need more about this or it just sounds... wrong. I mean there's a big difference between saying "it can't be tuned out" versus saying "it can't be tuned out without replacing the MAF and IAT sensors" or something to that effect.
you sure do take a long time to call bullshit.....ie, never. lol.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #172
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:

I have tuned over 100 2012 cars with all different configs included a full Monster build with estimated 900 RWHP in the shop now.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #173
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
you sure do take a long time to call bullshit.....ie, never. lol.

Benefit of the doubt and all that.

Besides I grew up with an engineer for a Dad so I'm accustomed to the precision with which these guys work. Sometimes communication isn't their forte and they talk in big pictures about micro concepts (e.g., maybe Vararam is speaking about tuning out a variance that is insignificant to the rest of us, but somehow has relevance to their design and they are speaking from a precise engineering POV rather than that of an end user).

Yeah. I've got nothing.

Quote:
I have tuned over 100 2012 cars with all different configs included a full Monster build with estimated 900 RWHP in the shop now.

Ted.
I sincerely hope that when the product is at market you get one of these '12 kits into your dyno study. I wouldn't have needed the verification for their previous setups, but because of the complexity of this design, it'd be cool to see some 3rd party tests. I expect something along the lines of other setups currently available involving lower quarter panel scoop systems. Maybe a little greater gains from reduced flow resistance stemming from any architectural innovations of the intake pipe from Vararam's system is what I'm betting we'd find.

Last edited by IMJ; 09-28-2012 at 01:57 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #174
EvilBoost
Evil

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS
=) dayumn ... just finished reading all this... fried a couple brain cells, laughed, went on adventures... went homeless and hungry... and then the phone rang... lol EvilBoost how may I help you? lmao lol...

Taking Performance Technology to a New Level
EvilBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #175
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
O_o
Old 09-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #176
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
I sincerely hope that when the product is at market you get one of these '12 kits into your dyno study. I wouldn't have needed the verification for their previous setups, but because of the complexity of this design, it'd be cool to see some 3rd party tests. I expect something along the lines of other setups currently available involving lower quarter panel scoop systems. Maybe a little greater gains from reduced flow resistance stemming from any architectural innovations of the intake pipe from Vararam's system is what I'm betting we'd find.
It was VR's choice to not have their intake in the dyno shootout. Ted won't include them unless they give him the nod, which i'm fairly sure they won't. Especially after this thread.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #177
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
It was VR's choice to not have their intake in the dyno shootout. Ted won't include them unless they give him the nod, which i'm fairly sure they won't. Especially after this thread.
It was probably wise not to have them "test" it. The top one in the test takes a shit on itself during daily driving in the hot summer months. The second one was only slightly better than number one. The VR, not tested, is hands down better. One of the other big name intakes probably lost a lot of sales because of that testing and yet better builders/tuners really like that intake. Why? Because that test doesn't tell the whole story. But you know that.

She is only memory now.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #178
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
It was probably wise not to have them "test" it. The top one in the test takes a shit on itself during daily driving in the hot summer months. The second one was only slightly better than number one. The VR, not tested, is hands down better. One of the other big name intakes probably lost a lot of sales because of that testing and yet better builders/tuners really like that intake. Why? Because that test doesn't tell the whole story. But you know that.
What your implying is that my testing is flawed.

Well, I welcome the challenge for you to prove my data Flawed.

I also welcome you to Prove that VR is Hands Down better, and not just your opinion or others opinions, Bring on the Facts not the Snake oil.

Also Who would you say are Better Builder/Tuners, What makes them better More Opinion, Again Bring on the Facts.

Leave the Opinions at the Door.

While your gathering your Data, Take a Look at The Fastest L99 in the country and what Air intake system he is using and what shop it came out of.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #179
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
PWNED!!!!!
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #180
IndeedSS1

Quote:

I also welcome you to Prove that VR is Hands Down better, and not just your opinion or others opinions, Bring on the Facts not the Snake oil.

Also Who would you say are Better Builder/Tuners, What makes them better More Opinion, Again Bring on the Facts.

While your gathering your Data, Take a Look at The Fastest L99 in the country and what Air intake system he is using and what shop it came out of.

Ted.
You missed key points of the post. No need for me to throw anyone under the bus. Perhaps people will start thinking for themselves and actually try out things so they don't blindly assume what is presented is correct. I've found it quite interesting hearing from those that have ran, not just dynoed, different intakes.

She is only memory now.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #181
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

Ted.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #182
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
I never said or implied WHY VR didn't want their intake tested. I just said they wouldn't have it tested and Ted wouldn't do it unless he had consent.

You and I disagree on several things but we always do it professionally. Stating VR is hands down better than any other CAI on the market is PURELY opinion. I know you like it and that's fine. They lost me LONG ago with their false claims and outright lies, but you know about that. I don't remember saying anything bad about the VR unit since they quit having their retail customers beta test their intake. I certainly don't think they are the best on the market.

A lot of things can be gleemed from Teds test. Whether you want to look at the end numbers or not, you can see where improvements can be made. Several of the CAI's made changes that made theirs better and that's what testing is suppose to do.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote