The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-10-2017, 06:56 AM   #8961
cconn

Drives: 2013 Silver 2SS/RS M6
Been wanting a VP9 for a while. Palmetto State Armory had them on sale for $499 shipped last week so I picked one up. Came with night sights and 3 magazines. This makes H&K #4 in my collection, USP 45, 45 Tactical, and 45C. I had a Mark 23 years ago but ended up selling it.

H&K also has a summer magazine special right now. With proof of purchase of select pistols they will send you 4 free magazines.

Also installed a new wall mount system in my office from Tactical Walls to store some of my crap.
Attached Images

2013 Silver 2SS RS M6. Kooks ceramic coated headers and HF cats, K&N CAI, Tuned by East Texas Musclecars.
2015 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax LTZ Z71
cconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:39 AM   #8962
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
British fighter-bomber from the Big One?
My first thought as well. Not all metal, and I think it was the second Big One.

But the name does make sense given its caliber (Ruger Mark IV and Browning Buck Mark owner here).

Norm
Old 08-10-2017, 07:41 AM   #8963
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
the Big One was the 2nd. The Great One was the 1st

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:09 AM   #8964
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Ever heard of the Mosquito?
The discontinued threaded barrel .22lr handgun from sig that never really functioned properly.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #8965
drivingagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
This is a horrible marketing gimmick. A single shot .22lr called the LIFECARD? Yet the company already released a disclaimer that it is not intended for a self defense gun. What does LIFE have to do with this? Even stranded and need to eat good luck with a super compact .22lr single shot finger pistol.

“UPDATE – Trailblazer Firearms’ PR firm saw our post and asked us to post this disclaimer.”We’d like to emphasis that LifeCard is not a pistol that should be relied on for personal defense. Rather, we consider LifeCard to be a fun addition to anyone’s firearms collection. We hope that LifeCard’s uniqueness may entice new shooters to our industry, but Trailblazer Firearms has never intended LifeCard to be used as a primary personal defense weapon.””

Yet they name it LifeCard?
Old 08-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #8966
Captain Slow

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
The discontinued threaded barrel .22lr handgun from sig that never really functioned properly.
The only gun I've ever sold. My point was SIG has put their name on some total garbage.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #8967
drivingagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The only gun I've ever sold. My point was SIG has put their name on some total garbage.
Ironic you said that because I am in that same boat. I only buy guns I keep in my collection. I had a friend who was needing money and one of four guns was a sig sauer misquito that I bought. The other a springfield .45 I kept and two ak's I posted for sale on this thread a while back. Never bought any guns to sell before this. I had a good friend go to his house later that day to buy the rest of the collection I was not interested in. He seen I bought the mesquito and fell in love with it. I did not even want the gun but because it was mine I said no I am not selling it. Went home did some research on the gun and realized this was a failure for a gun. Called my friend the next morning and said if he really wanted it and could find a buyer for it easily he could have it! lol Then took that money and bought two pistols 9mm and .45 xdm threaded barrel with suppressor sights.

If I was not careful and almost was not careful enough that mesquito was worth about $400 then and I would have been stuck with it as the market was just finding out there never a good one out of the years they made them.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:39 AM   #8968
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
Some bad news....Parked in Manhattan yesterday on Broadway at NYU at 9am, someone broke my dad's truck's window and stole our gun, gun bag, his gym bag & work bag.

We shoot sporting clays, trap & skeet. Beautiful Beretta 686 over under shotgun. Plus the gun bag which easily had 300$ worth of gear inside. This will be an expensive toy to replace. Went to a store last night to price one out. Looks like the new Beretta 686 silver pigeon I starts at about 2000$. But i guess it gives us the excuse to upgrade. Maybe go a step up or two.

Anyone have opinions on over under shotguns for mostly sporting clays? Being italian we are huge fans of Beretta. ALso just love the looks of it. But i held a few brownings and they were nice as well. Not a big fan of the high polish on the wood though. The Benelli over under was ugly to me. But i loved the weight distribution the best.
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #8969
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Apparently the Army is looking to replace the M4 with a 7.62mm rifle.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #8970
drivingagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I assume a 7.62x51? Although could be 7.62x39 AR now a days. That cartridge has gotten to be alot more reliable in an AR and with quality federal ammo pretty accurate within 300 yards. I still think this is a better idea than the .300 blk. Especially against our enemy who stockpiles this ammo every where just in case. Then have a couple people in the squad carrying 7.62x51 battle rifles for longer distances.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #8971
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
If anyone is selling a Sig P320 or Mosquito because they're crap PM me for an "I'll take that scrap metal off your hands" offer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
Some bad news....Parked in Manhattan yesterday on Broadway at NYU at 9am, someone broke my dad's truck's window and stole our gun, gun bag, his gym bag & work bag.

We shoot sporting clays, trap & skeet. Beautiful Beretta 686 over under shotgun. Plus the gun bag which easily had 300$ worth of gear inside. This will be an expensive toy to replace. Went to a store last night to price one out. Looks like the new Beretta 686 silver pigeon I starts at about 2000$. But i guess it gives us the excuse to upgrade. Maybe go a step up or two.

Anyone have opinions on over under shotguns for mostly sporting clays? Being italian we are huge fans of Beretta. ALso just love the looks of it. But i held a few brownings and they were nice as well. Not a big fan of the high polish on the wood though. The Benelli over under was ugly to me. But i loved the weight distribution the best.
I'm surprised New York's finest didn't give you a hard time about having a weapon in the city...

I had a Browning Citori 20ga. skeet/skeet that was a pleasure to shoot, lightweight, great pattern, but that was 40 years ago. Back then some had a matte finish, but I preferred the gloss, looked richer. Dad had a Browning sweet 16 that was smooth as silk, that semi-auto takes a lot of the kick out. If I replaced the Citori today, it would be with a semi-auto, but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
That's funny... 60-ish years ago they replaced the 7.62 with the M4 (equivalent)

I have both, If I didn't have to carry it on 20 mile marches, give me the .308... If I have to carry it and ammo all day, it's 5.56 as long as my buddy has a .308 to back me up on hard targets.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #8972
drivingagain

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your recent break in. I can not give advice about a over under for trap and skeet. Although for the money I choose a remington 1100 competition and it is super sweet shotgun I have ever shot. I may even turn it into a 3 gun shotgun it is so nice shooting! lol Good luck on your next gun purchase with the over under shotgun they get expensive super fast. If you belong to a gun club with a good trap range then you will find some person go out and buy a super expensive over and under with a couple rounds and say f it and not want to shoot. Timing is key on those though.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:58 AM   #8973
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
As an ex-Manhattan and then Brooklyn resident, you just went through my worst nightmare. How are you even going to report that? Have you reported it yet? Did you have NYC permits for the weapons?
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #8974
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Quote:

Take a look at the Kreighoff K-80 line. Then again nothing wrong with Beretta.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun