#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #85
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
That does help. So being the early bird has no benefit in this scenario. they should just deliver to whoever is the most ready. Instead of the potential customer feeling like its a game of chance.
Well, GM is going to take care of their higher volume dealers and give them a shot at things first. I understand that. These large volume dealers make huges commitments to GM to move inventory and GM gives them a few perks in return like being first in line for the new stuff. I am not with a huge dealer (they only got 1 allocation for phase 1) so I do not expect to be called right away BUT I am assured of being in Phase 1 which is really all I care about. I am excited to see who get "the call up" today and moving forward so I can learn from them how the process is going (pricing, deliver ETA based on order date, etc...etc.).
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:00 AM   #86
JustGeorge
ZL1 CRT 1 of 53

Drives: 2012 & 2017 ZL1's
It's 9/8, Now What?

Unless GM makes their preferred dealer list public they are screwing the buyer. I waited 7 months for my 2012. A lot of people ordered after me got their car before me. And some that ordered when I did got pushed back to a 2013. GM punished me and others for not going to their top dealers. How was I to know who they are? The salesman never divulges that information and that you may or may not get the car you ordered.

I have been waiting patiently to order a 2017 (phase 1). I have been buying only GM since 1973. If I get punished by GM through no fault of my own, I swear I will be through with GM forever. You will see a Hellcat or whatever the top Mustang is in my driveway.

My local dealership told me last week that they would not get an allocation. I was not surprised since they did not get 2012 allocation. But my preferred dealer has repeatedly given me their assurance that they met all the requirements GM placed on them to get an allocation.

/rant

So it’s 9/8. What can I expect? My name is in with the dealership. When can I order?
Old 09-08-2016, 10:21 AM   #87
mkorgan

So, this is the first submission form from the dealer that let's GM know the dealer has an allocation, has a build, and is ready to submit. The submission is ran against any known constraints and then is either given a PASS/FAIL grade. This was submitted for me this morning by my dealer. From my dealer: "It has passed the first gate. We will know more next Tuesday."

NOTE: I HAD TO REMOVE CF INTERIOR TO GET MY ORDER TO PASS. CF interior constraint seems to be back in place until at least November. See error in second pic below.
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2016, 10:25 AM   #88
ZLJuann

Drives: ZL1
What is the name of this form?
ZLJuann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:28 AM   #89
mkorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLJuann View Post
What is the name of this form?
It is called Order Workbench on the GM GlobalConnect site dealers used be dealers to place orders for their dealership.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:36 AM   #90
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Congrats for your order! Good Luck.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:45 AM   #91
mkorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Congrats for your order! Good Luck.
I don't play the Lottery but if I did I imagine this is kinda how it feels. Just waiting for you # to be called. Thanks. Will try to keep everyone posted as thing "hopefully" move forward.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #92
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
just an fyi, Sept 8th (today) is the day GM starts contacting dealers who have been assigned an allocation and asking them how they would like to fill it (color, options, etc.). For those that have secured an allocation with a local dealer, your build will be what they submit in most cases. Anyway, I kinda got the feeling that some folks thought it was going to be several hundred deals submitting ZL1 orders this morning and that is not how it goes. Even if your dealer has an allocation, and you have gone on the GlobalConnect site and selected the options you want for your build, the dealer cannot submit that build until GM is ready to receive it. I am sure a few will get in today but the actual submission process will take several weeks as GM systematically contacts each dealer who has a Phase 1 allocation.

You guys may have know this already but I just thought a would clarify for some of the newbies.
I'm not new to this game as I went through it with the first year Gen 5 but I still found this very useful. I truly did not know this was how it was done. I thought dealers were dialing like mofo's this morning to get to 2000 status. Thanks for sharing.

PS. I too had to drop the carbon fiber interior. Hoping they'll lift the constraint while we're in phase one before build so we can add it. Any ideas out there if this is an easier piece to add after delivery?
Old 09-08-2016, 09:44 PM   #93
Lou A

Drives: 16' Audi S5 6MT
I was given an allocation but my dealer refused to budge on msrp. Telling me I'm lucky he doesn't charge more. I replied it's not a gt3rs, they will make as many as we are willing to buy. I'm not paying more than necessary right now for something that's going to sit in my garage till April until all the salt is washed away anyway.
Lou A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:56 AM   #94
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
I don't think you will get a ZL1 under msrp anytime soon if ever. Unless your DAd owns the dealership. . If you don't want it, there will be 7 guys behind you with wallets out.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:01 AM   #95
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
I don't think you will get a ZL1 under msrp anytime soon if ever. Unless your DAd owns the dealership. . If you don't want it, there will be 7 guys behind you with wallets out.
Lol. 100%. Who do these guys think they're kidding....
Old 09-09-2016, 07:12 AM   #96
Lou A

Drives: 16' Audi S5 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 View Post
Lol. 100%. Who do these guys think they're kidding....
Thinking like that will cost you 4 to 5 grand more than you need to give up. It takes patients and in time there will be plenty of $65000 Camaro's that dealers want to move. It is very easy to get a Z07 package vette now, not so much at launch.
Lou A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #97
Nawambo

Drives: 2023 Kia EV6 GT (577hp!)
Speaking of dates, anyone hear next Wednesday (Sept 14) is set to give us more information? I heard from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that dealers will have a lot more info by Wednesday... ok, it was actually from a respected dealer.
2013 Boss 302 (Sold)
2006 STI (Sold)
Track and Rally Partners
Nawambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #98
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
It seems things are a little behind, according to the leaked schedule:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=121

Is consensus still going on? I'm not sure how that part works. Are there regional, district, and local consensus and then a final decided by GM?

Are allocations still being given out? My conversation below seems to imply they haven't finished the process yet.

At 12:40 PM yesterday I got a call from a saleswoman at one of the local dealers I've been talking to about allocations. She said her managers were on a conference call all morning with their district general manager and likely to continue after lunch. When I asked about DOSP starting she agreed but she thinks they're still going through consensus. She would call me after meetings were over.

At 2:55 PM She calls back and tells me her sales manager said to have me go on the Chevy web site "builder" to configure my ZL1 then bring them a copy of it. They expect to have an allocation next week.

I told her that I don't think the builder for the ZL1 is online yet - just checked a few days ago. She thought it should be up soon. I told her that if it's not up, I'll just come by with my build list.

Does this sound like a stall tactic to anyone else? I don't see what they'd have to gain by putting me on hold like that. If they're not stalling, I wonder if this sales manager is just not as plugged in as I would expect.

Cal

Last edited by cwebster; 09-09-2016 at 08:39 AM. Reason: typos
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote