#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-06-2016, 02:17 PM   #29
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
My only problem with is mentality is that people get into ridiculous debt thinking "life is too short". I have plenty of friends who are doing just that and I see their credit cards being rejected often. And they are making WELL into 6 figures!!!!!!! As long as it's within the budget and there is nothing you can put the money towards that can help you out, go for it!!
That's fair, and it was meant to people that have the means, don't want any one to have to live in there car.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:51 PM   #30
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
Because my 2003 Viper sits in the garage with 12K miles on it and I want to drive something fun/fast everyday
Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:57 PM   #31
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Knock View Post
Because my 2003 Viper sits in the garage with 12K miles on it and I want to drive something fun/fast everyday
Is it not fun and fast?
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:06 PM   #32
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
fun, fast, and a near death experience anytime you want to drive it fast.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #33
Nawambo

Drives: 2023 Kia EV6 GT (577hp!)
DD when I can (I DD all my cars); Fun weekend toy; Track monster.
2013 Boss 302 (Sold)
2006 STI (Sold)
Track and Rally Partners
Nawambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:19 PM   #34
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Why do I want a ZL1?

I want to race!

I want to feel the G-forces pulling on me as the deep-throated roar of a high-performance power-plant echos those sweet notes in my ears.

I want to feel the hair stand up all over my body when I pass that unsuspecting driver in front of me.

My story is that it's time I pursued my personal dreams.

I've worked hard all my life. Had a job since I was 12. Couldn't afford new cars when I was younger. The closest I've been was a used '70 Nova SS 396 as a young, single Marine. Before I knew it I was married raising a family. Family always had priority over self. I just couldn't justify the payments. I almost bought a new Camaro in 1979 while I was deployed overseas. I'd already ordered it with a down payment when I learned my 1st born son was having health issues. Had to cancel and use the money to fly back to the states. I've never regretted delaying these dreams. My family has given me so much joy and fulfilment. My kids are all grown and have kids of their own. Some of them still need my help but now it's time...

I got a taste back in 2013 when I bought my 2014 SS 1LE. It was the most exciting car I've ever driven. I knew at the time that I was settling for the SS when I really wanted a ZL1. I told myself that I'd trade-up to a ZL1 when they came out with the 6th Gen. After street racing a 2012 ZL1 I told the driver he was driving my upgrade. I only trailed him by a few car-lengths in the 1LE, by the way.

I lost my job last year, immediately followed by the death of my wife and another close family member so I had to trade the 1LE for a small truck until I got back on my feet. After re-inventing myself for the 3rd time in my life, I'm back on my feet. Life's challenges tend to make you stronger.

I'm 61 years old now - still working. I know what I want and what I an afford. I WILL have my black ZL1 with the red heat extractor and PDR, and I WILL race it around a road track like VIR.

In a nutshell, that's why I want 6th Generation Camaro ZL1.
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:05 AM   #35
Lou A

Drives: 16' Audi S5 6MT
I'm tired of moddng my cars. Power, brakes, suspension, exhaust always ends up costing 15000 and you get a few thousand back in the end and you void the warrantee in the process. The zl1 has it all out the door for track and canyon carving.

Mainly I want to be strapped in behind that LT4 drinking in that glorious note while pinned to a Recaro....
Watching the color drain out of the passengers face under acceleration is an added perk.
Lou A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:55 AM   #36
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
All I've ever wanted was to be a badass.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote