Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #29
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
AAC service sucks period!
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #30
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
I would have to say that I have heard more bad than good about their service as well, plus how many threads have I seen about their products burning out or failing just go go through a whole mess of a "life time warranty." It is great of them to offer that but now I see why they do because everything it seems fails eventually. I will not buy any lighting mods from them... and I'm not even into lighting mods that much anyway so that's good
Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #31
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
I ordered a set of led smd footwell lights in aqua. When I hooked them up there were three colors, blue, aqua, and green. I posted about it and acc replied to call them. I did and they said to send the set back for exchange. I explained I have my car pulled apart to install then and asked if that was a way to get them faster. After being put on hold for a few minutes I was told they would send a new set right away and I just could send the bad set back once I recieved the new ones. Thought that was pretty decent of them. Haven't got them yet so I won't sing praises yet, but their initial response pretty good.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #32
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
i had 1 sidemarker failure and it was replaced within a week..it sucks to rip open the headlights, but this is a mod..nothing is perfect or forever...it,s nice when it lasts years , but thats life...at least they replace it no cost..i have lifetime warranty on my gforce 9inch rear, if it breaks form doing 9 in the 1/4 mile...i won,t be happy about it, but it goes with the territory...i would be much happier to rip open my headlight then tear out the 9inch rear and axles..imo
Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #33
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
i had 1 sidemarker failure and it was replaced within a week..it sucks to rip open the headlights, but this is a mod..nothing is perfect or forever...it,s nice when it lasts years , but thats life...at least they replace it no cost..i have lifetime warranty on my gforce 9inch rear, if it breaks form doing 9 in the 1/4 mile...i won,t be happy about it, but it goes with the territory...i would be much happier to rip open my headlight then tear out the 9inch rear and axles..imo
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #34
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Austin it sucks but sometimes things just break for whatever reason. It may not be AAC's fault. It does suck waiting on hold for that long though I'd e pissed too. As for the upgrade, if its company policy then its policy. You just have to accept it or shop with someone else. Policies are in place for reason and companies shouldn't just go around bending the rules. I'm not saying its right but you just have to deal. At the least it is being replaced at no cost. Instead of trying to pay and upgrade maybe just try to sell your halos and use the money to offset the cost of an upgrade.

As for the iPhone example I've been through that. If your phone software malfunctions like mine (I press the letter "R" for a text and the phone registers "E" and "R") AT&T wont just send you a new phone for free. They want your phone mailed back and they take the money for a new phone out of your bank account. Once they check the phone and conclude the malfunction is not your fault but of a faulty phone you get to keep the new phone they sent you and they return the money. If they find the malfunction is your fault (ie you drop your phone or get it wet) you still can keep the new phone but they just keep your money. Anyway that's how that works.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #35
NYJETSFAN
El Hefe

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Did anybody read this thread? The OP said he asked to PAY for the upgrade. He's not demanding AAC give him a better product for free.

The best thing to do is just avoid AAC, I've heard nothing but bad things about them. I wouldn't be interested in the Fast and Furious upgrades anyway.

I agree with you. I have purchased lights from them and as of yet, I have not had any problems with them. I hope that I don't have any issues that will lead me to have the problem AUSTINJAMES is having. Just don't buy anything else from them.
NYJETSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #36
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
I've never had anything but good experiences with AAC. I have their sidemarkers and DRLs. One of the DRLs had a bad harness; I sent it back; got a new one. They were also happy to help when the sidemarkers had water issues. I sent back the entire set and got a new one with quick turnaround.

I feel an undue sense of entitlement permeating this thread.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #37
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
most people in business want to give you a good product...if somehow they could have a magic wand and make every led never burn out, they would be thrilled, they would never have a complaint, never need a warranty, make tons more money as it would save time and money on answering emails/packaging warranty parts, replacing the parts at there cost...you don,t think that they can go to hong kong and get a refund on a burnt led in a sidemarker.....from a led manufacturer...
Old 01-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #38
Hollywood2010

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
that is weird, i purchased the LED fogs from AAC when they first came out. They were great but eventually the leds went out and one broke inside the housing. I called them up and paid the difference between the leds and the new plasma ones and they sent me the plasma. now this was an advertised situation on this forum that would let anyone broken or not to pay the difference and get the newer product... i have a great experience dealing with AAC's customer support however it would be nice if i did not have to deal with them so much (less defective parts)

good luck getting this resolved
I had same thing happen. No probs replacing. Also got a broken scanner light which they replaced within a week. I have no beefs with them. Hope it works out
Old 01-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #39
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
I don't understand what happened in your case, but I had issues with the aqua SMD footwell strips I bought. I posted about the color problem and ACC replied to the thread saying to contact them. I did and as promised I got my new set today and they are exactly as promised. Uniform aqua color from any angle.

They wanted me to send my first set back first and then they would send out the new set. I explained that the car was in pieces to do the wiring and asked what it would take to get the new set first. The guy put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said no problem, we'll ship them out right away with a return label for you.

Sorry about your situation. This is where customer service shows in my opinion, not any pre-sales crap. True colors of a vendor show when you have a problem with their product. I feel in my case they lived up to their promise.