The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-31-2015, 08:52 AM   #1
SSNYSTR

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
Exhaust

Hey y'all, I don't have a Corvette, I have a Gen 5 Camaro. Will be getting a Gen 6. I have a question for anyone on here who has the Borla NPP exhaust for the C7. How much louder is it over the stock NPP? Anyone have before and after videos? Because the Gen 6 Camaro's NPP sounds really damn great to me and it's only an $895 option compared to the Borla at like $2,500. Wondering if it's worth it.

Link for the Gen 6 Camaro NPP: https://www.facebook.com/Mr.SJoachim...4455307509882/
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:55 PM   #2
SSNYSTR

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
Anyone?
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
noname

Drives: 3LT Z51
I think the Borla sounds better. It seems to be louder and throatier.

It matters not what I think, it only matters what you think. If you think NPP sounds great then save the money. If not, then spent the extra on the Borla. The simple question is...do you think it sounds $1600 better? It's probably not an investment that you would recoup when you sold your car.

It sounds like you like the sound of the NPP, so I'd say save your money get the NPP. The other benefit is that everything is warrantied completely by GM should anything happen.

I got the NPP and I think it sounds great. I have no plans to upgrade to the Borla. With that said, if I had to do it over again, I probably wouldn't get the NPP and opt to upgrade at a later point. The reason for me isn't the sound, but the added horsepower (I never thought I would track it, but now I'm a track junkie). The reason why I haven't and probably won't is that I don't want to "waste" the money I already spent for the NPP.

I think the NPP would satisfy you, impress your friends, and be loud enough to get you noticed. In short, everything you may be looking for.

Good luck with your decision!
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:26 PM   #4
Flytrade

Drives: 2015 C7
I have a 2016 C7 with NPP and the Borla exhaust. I know it's expensive, but IMHO it sounds so much better than stock. It's certainly too hard to describe here, but if you hear one that is stock and then with the Borla, I'm sure you will be impressed.

There was another discussion here about exhausts, and some are confused between noise and sound. If you just want noise, then the NPP is fine. If it's an improvement in sound, then the Borla is the way to go. However, there may be other manufacturers that will provide a similar upgrade to the exhaust sound, I'm just not familiar with other than the Borla.
Flytrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:37 PM   #5
mowilson329

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT/Z51
When I ordered my 2014 C7, I purposely did so without the NPP option knowing that I was going to go with an aftermarket exhaust. I have had 2 Borla exhausts on Porsche's in the past and loved them. However, speaking honestly, after awhile they began to wear on me due to the loudness and the drone.

So, this time for the C7, I heard the Corsa system and knew it was the sound I wanted. I also ordered the Black tips with my Corsa system which sealed the deal. The look and sound are perfect IMO. Do a search on YouTube for the C7 Corsa and you'll see some great video's.....

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but for me the Corsa is it!!
Old 01-02-2016, 09:29 AM   #6
shamrock

Drives: 2014 Laguna Blue
I had the same logic as Cliff. I plan on installing the Corsa Sport (valve-back and tips) on my non-NPP. Any comments/advice about the benefits or drawbacks to changing the X-pipe to Corsa too?
shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote