The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 02-06-2015, 09:26 PM   #15
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Out of curiosity, do those of you who have experienced this issue have painted or epoxy floors in you garages? And does it only occur in your garage? I know several people who experience "stuck" tires on painted floors, and our tires take sticky to a new level, especially when warm. Would certainly be worth paying attention to in the future as a possible cause.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #16
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Noxqq.....is secretly a Rep for Chevrolet (HA HA) trying to make sure the Stingray escapes the blame.........I use the Master Blaster to blow dry my cars......and then move them to the top of the 30x30 shop.....dont feel like any water is under the tires- could be wrong.......it has never done it unless it sits for like 2-3 days. The strange thing to me is I can let it idle 15 second put in reverse and nothing ...give it gas to about 1800 rpm and its a THUD which to me sounds like rust around the brakes may have formed from the blowing dry or like the transmission doesnt engage until about 2 grand.........now Noxqq lets go further outside the box....could the 200 mph winds cause rust in the brakes or something?
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:23 AM   #17
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Noxqq.......I also love your TV Show Mythbusters......watch it all the time
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #18
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by asptroopa1 View Post
Noxqq.......I also love your TV Show Mythbusters......watch it all the time
Now that's funny. I wish I was the Mythbusters guy and/or a GM rep...think discount pricing. I actually use the same Blaster for drying that you use and move my car ahead in my shop. The first time that it happened to me with the ZL1, I was afraid that I broke something. It may be the brakes. I am not sure. It happens more with the Camaro than the Vette that's why I was thinking tires. When it happens it sounds just like what is happening to you and the OP even though mine are both manuals. Hopefully, the Rep will figure out what is going on and that it is nothing too major.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #19
hotwheels65

Drives: 2014 Limerock Green Z51
Might be wet brakes????

When we first started driving last spring I noticed that our Z51 auto transmission did the same thing occasionally. I started keeping track of conditions when last parked. Found two things were common. The car had been parked in the garage for two days or more after washing it and occasionally after driving in heavy rain. More so after washing it. Also noticed flash rust on the rotors. If I'm going to park it after washing I take it for short drive first to dry out the brakes and have not had the problem. We have over 9000 miles on it now and have not had the problem return.
hotwheels65 is offline   Reply With Quote