Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #29
NipTuckTaxi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
is the throttle in any way related to the 5volt circuit??
Old 10-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #30
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipTuckTaxi View Post
is the throttle in any way related to the 5volt circuit??
Not according to the code.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #31
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
pretty sure it is related to the fuel pressure sensor though. Which would be right above all that wheel hop
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #32
NipTuckTaxi

PATHETIC!
i called my selling dealer service dept and asked "do you have a good electronics tech. to troubleshoot a PCM issue/Open circuit?
I was answered with a multitude of questions..
"what happened? how do you know? h ow fast were you going, is the car stock? do you want us to ride with you and tell you whats wrong...
i replied, "just answer my question with a simple answer please! yes or no!- i dont care about warranty issues, i just need an ET to troubleshoot.
They informed me that i needed to go to a "speed shop".
Purely not listening to WTH i was telling him.
these are the same people who were more worried about how i got a TSB on AFM lifters a few months ago, than helping me with my car.. Thank God for the people on this site who know about these cars and are inclined to help.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #33
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
PATHETIC!
i called my selling dealer service dept and asked "do you have a good electronics tech. to troubleshoot a PCM issue/Open circuit?
I was answered with a multitude of questions..
"what happened? how do you know? h ow fast were you going, is the car stock? do you want us to ride with you and tell you whats wrong...
i replied, "just answer my question with a simple answer please! yes or no!- i dont care about warranty issues, i just need an ET to troubleshoot.
They informed me that i needed to go to a "speed shop".
Purely not listening to WTH i was telling him.
these are the same people who were more worried about how i got a TSB on AFM lifters a few months ago, than helping me with my car.. Thank God for the people on this site who know about these cars and are inclined to help.
Send me an Email I will see if I can be of any further assistance.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #34
NipTuckTaxi

well, i returned home to my car after a month overseas. ( had someone crank it and idle 15 min once a week)
fired it up and there was no codes or CEL.
drove it kind of hard without ANY issues.

Im guessing it was an open circuit somewhere that finally decided to close and act right. the next following days will see.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #35
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Quote:
well, i returned home to my car after a month overseas. ( had someone crank it and idle 15 min once a week)
fired it up and there was no codes or CEL.
drove it kind of hard without ANY issues.

Im guessing it was an open circuit somewhere that finally decided to close and act right. the next following days will see.
If it has happen before it will probaly happen again until fixed.

Good luck.
Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #36
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
well, i resolved the issue of my throttle postion sensor from last week.

NOW... i turned off stabil trak. Floored the car from a dead stop. got a little wheel hop. "Service stabil trak" message appeared ...then back to reduced engine power. so i limped it back home on 4 cylinders and cleared the code. it comes back anytime i hammer on the accelerator. the car rolls fine. did not hear or see anything broken other than the codes and messages and reducing my power. any takers on this one?
thanks.
The message was "Reduced Engine Power" or "Engine Power is Reduced"? I first got it two nights ago. So yesterday late evening I took it to tirekingdom to get the oil change and check to see what the code is. Funny thing is when I started it back up at tirekingdom the engine light was gone. The guy said they will check it anyway. So he calls me around 8:30pm so I can come get the car. He told me the code but I cant remember - so I called the shop a few minutes ago and he said p0601.

0601 Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error

I wonder if my headers are frying something on the module or if I got bad gas at a gas station I've only visited once before the last time. I hope that is the case... I've done about 3 or 4 road course events and no issue like this. Started driving the car a lot more recently and now this issue - so maybe the headers finally fried something? Kind of weird as I haven't been driving her hard or spirited lately. I did the other day drive through some puddles that sprayed pretty hard under my car but I couldn't avoid it and I couldn't slow down fast enough as a lot of cars were right behind me.

Before I take her to the dealer I want to know what should I be looking for? I have an hp tune for the CAI and Headers - so I don't want them to go nuts over that.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #37
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlingSS View Post
If it has happen before it will probaly happen again until fixed.

Good luck.
Bill
I know....:(

Happened two nights ago and I was hoping it was a one time thing. First time at a light while I was idle...so ok. But this morning while I was pulling up to park. Scared on my way home it will do it again but while on the expressway. However I will try to get on the gas and see if that prevents the shut off. First time I had to wait like 5 minutes as she wouldn't start back up. Second time I just automatically waited 5 minutes.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #38
2012InfernoSS

Drives: 93GMC sierra stepside/ ctsv3
When you but the tb on did you drive it around normal for awhile so the computer can learn the new airflow?

After you put on a tb or intake you should take it easy on it so the computer can relearn.. I think swapping stuff out and then going out and dogging it is the problem

Reset, pull ur fuse or dic connect the bat and then drive it normal for 100 miles and see what happens..
2012InfernoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #39
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012InfernoSS View Post
When you but the tb on did you drive it around normal for awhile so the computer can learn the new airflow?

After you put on a tb or intake you should take it easy on it so the computer can relearn.. I think swapping stuff out and then going out and dogging it is the problem

Reset, pull ur fuse or dic connect the bat and then drive it normal for 100 miles and see what happens..
I put about 100 miles and during that time it happened 3 times. Never happens when the p0601 code is active - happens when then code is inactive.

Because of putting gas from a gas station I never visit and going through puddles on the highway I did the following and hoping one of these will fix it.
  • Put a half tank to fill the car with gas from a station I visit normally and added seafoam.
  • Disconnected the maf, throttle body and pcm. Sprayed electrical cleaner let the plugs drip and sit for 10 minutes before replugging.
  • Pulled a few fuses 5, 20 and one more for the TCM. Gonna put them back later this afternoon and let the car sit while on for about 30 minutes or until the code comes back. While the code is inactive the problem returns within 15 to 20 minutes. If it does come back then I will drive her for a long trip to get a lot of gas out and add more gas to get out most of the gas I got from the station I never visited. Hopefully its either the puddles or the gas.

Of course it like a monsoon outside.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #40
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Plus the station had a truck filling up the tanks as well if I remember correctly.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #41
DevilDawgSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Call me late to the party, but I just had that happen to me today. I have a 2010 with a vararam, headers with cat delete, and a tune by Matt Sorian. Haven't had any problems, was sitting in traffic, went to change lanes and punch it, and went into limp mode. Limped over to a gas station, turned it off, and it wouldn't try to crank over when I went to restart it after checking things. Two minutes later it cranked and ran fine but the check engine light stayed on. Had the code pulled and it's P0651.

Any good resolution on this?
DevilDawgSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:21 AM   #42
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDawgSS View Post
Call me late to the party, but I just had that happen to me today. I have a 2010 with a vararam, headers with cat delete, and a tune by Matt Sorian. Haven't had any problems, was sitting in traffic, went to change lanes and punch it, and went into limp mode. Limped over to a gas station, turned it off, and it wouldn't try to crank over when I went to restart it after checking things. Two minutes later it cranked and ran fine but the check engine light stayed on. Had the code pulled and it's P0651.

Any good resolution on this?
Dealer replaced the pcm and no more issues.