Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #15
HashimAzzouz

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM ~ 2009 Traverse LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C. View Post
Ur mind is playing games..
HashimAzzouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Mine is Ashen Gray and sometimes at dusk when its just starting to be in the shade it looks like a lite green color. Crazy??? If you look at the side of the car when its in the sun and walk around it, the sunny/shade sides look like two different cars. The metallic flakes/particles reflect in the sun and really change/effect the color/look.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #17
dollar14

Drives: 2010 summit white 2SS/RS M6
on my 2010 summit white the front and back bumpers look a bit yellow compared to the rest of car.i think its the black from the raw bumper bleeding thru.
2010 2SS/RS M6,kooks 1-7/8 LT'S with hi flow cats,factory NPP cat back system,ADM performance street c.a.i.ADM built LSA with 750+ package,160 deg. thermostat,mti six shooter shifter,jac fab front license plate bracket and tunnel brace,eibach 1 inch pro kit,ADM exhaust controller,custom ADM performance tune,703 rwhp 704 rwtq
dollar14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #18
AquaSSRS

Drives: formerly a AGM ZL1 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Mine is Ashen Gray and sometimes at dusk when its just starting to be in the shade it looks like a lite green color. Crazy??? If you look at the side of the car when its in the sun and walk around it, the sunny/shade sides look like two different cars. The metallic flakes/particles reflect in the sun and really change/effect the color/look.
This is why I love this color.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #19
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bob View Post
Cheif Bob,thank you for putting this up. I am going to show this to my friend who has the body shop so I can tell him he is wrong!! He will just have to read it. I did not think that GM would paint the car in two different places.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #20
AMCBimmer

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
no it is because the rear quarters are flared out and it makes a shadow so to speak, it reflects the light differently, therefore it looks like its a different color.
This guy is right!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #21
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....it's the shade of the metalflake in the paint, straight paints like black, white or red for examlple don't show this difference. I spent much time over this as I saw the same color flucuation and I wondered why. Take my addvice and go walk around a Chevy dealer with Camaro's where you can see the different colors first hand. Get up close to the paint on the onew that flip flop and you wil see the shade of the metalflake in it that causes the color refraction in the light..
Old 05-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #22
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....it's the shade of the metalflake in the paint, straight paints like black, white or red for example don't show this difference. I spent much time over this as I saw the same color flucuation and I wondered why. Take my advice and go walk around a Chevy dealer with Camaro's where you can see the different colors first hand. Get up close to the paint on the ones that flip flop and you wil see the shade of the metalflake in it that causes the color refraction in the light..
Old 05-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #23
1968SS/RS

Drives: 1968 SS/RS 396 and 2013 ZL-1
In my opinion it stands out big time on the silver and yellow, As far as front and rear bumpers go every car brand made looks a shade off from the main body of the car, material thing I would say.......................
1968SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT BLACK! !!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #25
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
The car is painted together on the assembly line. Watch national geographic. They did a show on how it is assembled. Your body shop friend is dead wrong!