Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-15-2017, 07:28 AM   #1
Bumblebee79

Drives: 2010 camaro ss manuel
Help

I put Texas speed and performance long tube headers on my car and got it tuned I did not changed my o2 sensors and now now my engine light came on. I had a diagnosis ran and it said the fuel pump was bad but my car isn't losing any power at all it just every time I stop the car be acting like it want to cut off and sometime it will cut off but crank right back up so do I need to change my o2 sensors and get my car re-tuned?
Bumblebee79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:13 AM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I would consult with my tuner first.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:51 AM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You do not say if your running a " canned tune" out of a handheld tuner or you got tuned via dyno. The headers have to have for their install usually extensions for the rear o2s and then their deletion in the tune, along with the fronts having code deleted for delayed response due to the length of the headers moving the o2 in relation to their readings.
A good tune even canned should adjust the AFR to improve for the increased flow, many times amateurs have also burn the wiring harness from the rears not routing it safely away from the headers also... What ever "tune" you have must obviously be off, and unless your running the tank dry uncovering the fuel pump and frying it with heat in the tank most likely your pump is OK..... Good luck
Old 09-15-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
Gasoholic

Drives: o
Whats the specific failure code?
Did you clear it to see if its a hard fail?
I wouldn't think an O2 sensor would trip a code for fuel pump.
Gasoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #5
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
If the code read fuel pump and not O2 code, I would definitely start by checking your fuel pump but it wouldn't be a bad idea to check with your tuner first.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote