Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #29
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Sorry man about your car but your son was just marking what would be his one day. All and that MR.Clean really does work good on anything, like black tar marks on your paint from the road it brings that off all and shoes a new pair of shoes that you just bought if they have scraps on them that eraser will bring the marks right off. And they are good at cleaning rims too. All and the best polish I found for Aluminium wheels that will bring them out looking like chrome if not better is PDQ metal polish by Alco, and It brings out crome very very shiny. I know I work at a tractor-n-trailor shop and my boss has 2 show trucks I clean once in a whilebefore he takes them to a show. And all of theses show trucks that I know uses this PDQ polish, And you know if they do that to 18 wheeler wheels they will defently do that to car wheels, beileve me I know I use it on my S-10 and my Camaro wheels and also their tips. It makes them shine like a dimond.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:00 AM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
Sorry man about your car but your son was just marking what would be his one day. All and that MR.Clean really does work good on anything, like black tar marks on your paint from the road it brings that off all and shoes a new pair of shoes that you just bought if they have scraps on them that eraser will bring the marks right off. And they are good at cleaning rims too. All and the best polish I found for Aluminium wheels that will bring them out looking like chrome if not better is PDQ metal polish by Alco, and It brings out crome very very shiny. I know I work at a tractor-n-trailor shop and my boss has 2 show trucks I clean once in a whilebefore he takes them to a show. And all of theses show trucks that I know uses this PDQ polish, And you know if they do that to 18 wheeler wheels they will defently do that to car wheels, beileve me I know I use it on my S-10 and my Camaro wheels and also their tips. It makes them shine like a dimond.
I was going to take pictures of it so I could show ya'll and keep them to show Dylan when he got older...."see what you did to the SS???...haha." But, at the time, I was just freaking trying to get it all off before it really set in there. Mr Eraser is truly some amazing stuff. If anyone on here has never tried it before, give it a shot. It'll remove just about anything.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #31
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
good writeup - i'll have to keep this one in my pocket for when we have kids
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #32
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I didn't look at the date on the first post, thought, "that's not Tag, he don't write like that." Then the comment about the 2 year old, (he had another kid and didn't tell anyone?)

Then I FINALLY look at the date.... and WHO necro'd the thread.

All is right in the world again
Old 05-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #33
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Moved to the cosmetic maintenance subforum
Old 05-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #34
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
lol
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #35
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

Wow...no kidding this is an old thread!

And...another tip? If you kid ever gets his silly puddy in the fabric inside the car, use rubbing alcohol to get it out. It works!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #36
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM/PEARL STRIPES-6M
I have used the Mr. Clean eraser to remove the blue dye from jean transfer on light tan leather seats because nothing else I tried removed all of it. I have tried Adams leather cleaner, Zaino leather cleaner, as well as Lexol leather cleaner. All of these would remove most of the dye, then I finish up the stubborn areas with the magic eraser
Whipple S/C, 3.750 pulley, JRE rough idle blower cam kit, Trunion upgrade, C5R timing chain, LS2 chain dampner, Melling 10296, Dynatech 1 7/8 LT headers, OR pipes, Dual valve RX catch can, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Dual fuel pump, CAI with Apex scoop, VMax ported T/B, ADM Tune 675 RWHP 560 TQ
Chevy Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #37
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Look up AMMONYC on YouTube and he has a video about pen and stuf in the interior check it out!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote