Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-30-2015, 05:03 PM   #1
OrlandoSS

Drives: '10 Inferno Orange SS
Lingenfelter vs. Hennessey

Hey guys. Well i have finally gotten to the point to where i am out of warranty and am ready to seriously mod my '10 2/SS L99. i have narrowed it down to Lingenfelter Forged 650hp upgrade with the magnuson supercharger or the HPE 650hp upgrade kit....both kits are close in price (Lingenfelter $20,450, HPE $23,350)... also both come with a 3/36k mile warranty. just wanting opinions and maybe some feedback if you have had one of these kits installed or one similar. Thanks guys for the input!
OrlandoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #2
Black Market Racing

Drives: Yours
Not to take away from what you're asking, but have you looked into the Procharger i-1? I am an authorized dealer of lingenfelter as well, so i would be happy to help you out whichever way you decide to go.
Black Market Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:31 PM   #3
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
I would go with Lingenfelter, I think they have very good and educated employees and state of the art facilities. Plus I think they have a lot more experience with the LS motors. Just my opinion
Old 03-30-2015, 05:36 PM   #4
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
I haven't had either. But if i had the money I would go Hennessey
LS3 Handler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:04 PM   #5
Fireman124

Drives: 45th convertible ss
I would look into Nickey. They specialize in Camaros. If they are good enough to do the Hot Rod Camaro, they would be worth your time to look into. Also great customer service.
Fireman124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:14 PM   #6
OrlandoSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
I would go with Lingenfelter, I think they have very good and educated employees and state of the art facilities. Plus I think they have a lot more experience with the LS motors. Just my opinion
I have looked into the procharger kit and love it. But by the time u buy and install the forged internals, balance blueprint the motor and convert from l99 to ls3 u spend the same if not more and i get a 3/36 warranty with either Lingenfelter or HPE. But bang for the buck bolt on the procharger is definitely the best choice by itself.

Last edited by OrlandoSS; 03-30-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:15 PM   #7
OrlandoSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 LS Supercar View Post
I haven't had either. But if i had the money I would go Hennessey
Why do u prefer Hennessey?
Old 03-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #8
OrlandoSS

Sorry i quoted the wrong message. I was talking to black market racing in regards to the procharger i-1
Old 03-30-2015, 06:21 PM   #9
OrlandoSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman124 View Post
I would look into Nickey. They specialize in Camaros. If they are good enough to do the Hot Rod Camaro, they would be worth your time to look into. Also great customer service.
Thanks. Ill look them up
Old 03-30-2015, 06:22 PM   #10
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
I have a Hennessey, they are a professional crew and know their stuff. I'd highly recommend them.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:29 PM   #11
OrlandoSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalSS View Post
I have a Hennessey, they are a professional crew and know their stuff. I'd highly recommend them.
Which package did u go with from HPE? How long have u had it? do u have n SSor a ZL1? Is it an every day driver? Sorry about all the questions, ive been wanting to talk with someone who has had work done by them. Thanks for the input
Old 03-30-2015, 07:39 PM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Don't mod your car and worry about having a warranty... That 3/yr 36000 has got a lot of stipulations that come with it and you won't be doing any additional mods to your car without blowing that warranty. If you want a warranty don't mod.

Both shops you're looking at are two of the very best when it comes to the Camaro, but assuming your from Orlando they are a long ways from you and all you are doing is paying double for the exact same parts you can get right there in FL.

You have one of the very best LS shops in the nation in Bradenton FL. Give Matt a call at Florida Speed and Power and you won't be disappointed. They are sponsors here as well and if you ever do need anything else they are right in your backyard.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:48 PM   #13
OrlandoSS

Thanks for the input mlee. I was going with the thought of, do it right, so i wouldnt have to mod it again to keep the warranty intact Since they are in essence building a new motor with all Forged parts. Im going to check out florida speed and power as well. Thanks again!
Old 03-30-2015, 07:59 PM   #14
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoSS View Post
Which package did u go with from HPE? How long have u had it? do u have n SSor a ZL1? Is it an every day driver? Sorry about all the questions, ive been wanting to talk with someone who has had work done by them. Thanks for the input
I have a HPE 600 package with some add ons. I have a 2010 2SS/RS L99.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote