Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-16-2017, 05:04 PM   #29
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Before I sat in a car with a sunroof, I erroneously thought headroom would be fine with the sunroof open or at least the shade open. The sunroof, however is small enough that only part of it is open over your head. Tall enough or with a helmet, or even a lot of hair and headroom will be at a premium in this car. Like others, I would suggest trying it before you invest... that or slick back your hair.

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #30
bucknut2006

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10, 2015 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
Does the PDR run all the time or do you have to activate it?

Found this http://www.chevrolet.com/performance-data-recorder but I'm not 100% clear. Looks like you have to turn it on. Does it "over right" data once the card is full?
You have to turn it on each time. Have in my Corvette and it was a fun novelty when I first got the car, but became rather pointless over time. The video quality is also not the greatest compared to the other options on the market, especially if you have no interest in tracking the car. The best GoPro or equivalent is under $500, has 4k and can even tie into your ODBII if desired.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #31
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
I didnt order it. It doesn't look good and I wanted the headroom. Ultimately it will leak.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:44 PM   #32
WyGuy

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
I'd prefer not to have the sun roof, since I never use them. I ended up picking up a ZL1 off the lot with all the other options I wanted but it had the sun roof.
WyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #33
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Thanks a TON for the feedback everyone, some really insightful comments and things that I hadn't thought of. Based upon what I've heard I made a decision - don't want to disparage anyone's choice.

Suffice it to say I feel a whole lot more comfortable with making the decision that I am. Now, if I can just figure out to PDR or not to PDR. I have no plans to track the car but also don't want to miss out on a selling feature when, or IF, I ever decide to sell.
If I may ask, what did you decide? Just curious. In the long run it is your car and you have to be happy. So if what you choose disparages anyone, or if anyone gets upset, then who cares? LOL!! These cars come with options for a reason...so we each can tailor it to our own desires. I hope you choose whatever you feel works for you...but I'd like to know, lol!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #34
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
If I may ask, what did you decide? Just curious. In the long run it is your car and you have to be happy. So if what you choose disparages anyone, or if anyone gets upset, then who cares? LOL!! These cars come with options for a reason...so we each can tailor it to our own desires. I hope you choose whatever you feel works for you...but I'd like to know, lol!!
I'm going without the sunroof. I don't care for the sunroof aesthetics and want to limit any possibility of 'extra' cabin noise or a source of leaks - I know many have said there is no extra noise but it's just another liability IMHO.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:33 PM   #35
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreSpeed View Post
Before I sat in a car with a sunroof, I erroneously thought headroom would be fine with the sunroof open or at least the shade open. The sunroof, however is small enough that only part of it is open over your head. Tall enough or with a helmet, or even a lot of hair and headroom will be at a premium in this car. Like others, I would suggest trying it before you invest... that or slick back your hair.
Seeing as how my hair looks more like John than Ponch (think CHiPs) I'm not worried about 'hair height'.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #36
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut2006 View Post
You have to turn it on each time. Have in my Corvette and it was a fun novelty when I first got the car, but became rather pointless over time. The video quality is also not the greatest compared to the other options on the market, especially if you have no interest in tracking the car. The best GoPro or equivalent is under $500, has 4k and can even tie into your ODBII if desired.
appreciate the insight, figured it would be along the lines of the GM nav system vs. an aftermarket. Aside from the telemetry overlays, which are not necessary for my use, could do better with an aftermarket dashcam.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #37
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I'm going without the sunroof. I don't care for the sunroof aesthetics and want to limit any possibility of 'extra' cabin noise or a source of leaks - I know many have said there is no extra noise but it's just another liability IMHO.
Yea I hear ya! You'll get that bubble roof top so that will look very sharp!! Enjoy the car man!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:54 PM   #38
msawyer110

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I have it and if i had to pick gain i would have got it. Even just opening the sun shade and letting the sun in is a delight.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:37 AM   #39
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Sunroof kills the looks of this car. No way
Agreed!
Old 05-18-2017, 08:49 AM   #40
zipline

Drives: chevy
Wow, some of the responses here are a bit surprising. I can honestly say that I do not know any men who consider the absence of a sunroof to be a deal breaker. Kinda metro.
zipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:30 PM   #41
KyleL

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipline View Post
Wow, some of the responses here are a bit surprising. I can honestly say that I do not know any men who consider the absence of a sunroof to be a deal breaker. Kinda metro.
When you see a roof that's completely smooth and one that has lines that flow with the front of the car, you'll see that it totally kills the lines of the car. The absense of one makes he car look less aggressive. They look cool opened up and all but it's not that big of an opening to make a difference IMO. But I'm used to being able to take the roof completely off in the c6 and c7
Old 05-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #42
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleL View Post
When you see a roof that's completely smooth and one that has lines that flow with the front of the car, you'll see that it totally kills the lines of the car. The absense of one makes he car look less aggressive. They look cool opened up and all but it's not that big of an opening to make a difference IMO. But I'm used to being able to take the roof completely off in the c6 and c7
Heh, I think it looks like crap open actually. However, I do like it on a white car because it adds more contrast. It also makes the inside feel more "open", even with it shut.

On the greys and blacks, it's nice to see the roof lines without it.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote