The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 09-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Painted roof is painted CF. I suspect the problem is production capacity. In the tuner world, production of a dozen pieces, say a CF hood, would be a good monthly output. In the Corvette world, not even a dozen an hour would be adequate.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #16
Miss Scarlet

Drives: '64 Singray, '14 C7 (CRT, Z51 , 3LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Painted roof is painted CF. I suspect the problem is production capacity. In the tuner world, production of a dozen pieces, say a CF hood, would be a good monthly output. In the Corvette world, not even a dozen an hour would be adequate.

Laborsmith
OK. Thanks

Will still wait to get what I want. Originally, I wanted all 3 - could only order 2, so went with exposed CF and transparent, then changed to the painted and transparent. In the end probably best to get the painted one when the car is done so it will be the same dye-lot.
Miss Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
billbunton

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Send a message via MSN to billbunton
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
Well, as of this afternoon, I still have not received a call from Lori or Shane to schedule my delivery. Apparently, Jack Cooper Transport is not shipping in the same sequence as they were built - mine is VIN 196, and VIN 602 is the silver Stingray already sitting in the Museum lobby (found this out from another forum from the soon-to-be owner directly)!

As can be imagined, I'm quite bummed by this! To be so close and yet so far! I have a message in to CCS and the Museum, but so far no replies. And my dealer doesn't know where my Stingray is either - we looked for it for over an hour this afternoon. I suspect it's one of the bunch in Nashville. If so, I can only hope whatever caused it to be sent there doesn't take long - it's supposed to be center stage in a charity Corvette display on Oct. 12th at my dealer!
Yeah, you're most likely sitting in Nashville, most of the first 300 went there. They just shipped a bunch more from the second 300 yesterday to Nashville, including mine, #302.
billbunton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #18
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Shane was able to confirm today that mine is in fact one of the cars gone AWOL in Nashville. He did not know (or couldn't tell me) the reason for it being there, nor how long the wait would be.

I can only hope it won't be too much longer - I've been waiting for this car since early February when I put the deposit down!

Anyone out there have good news about your pending R8C delivery? I could use a pick-me-up!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
I just put my order in today, so who knows when I will get the call, probably Dec or later.

Z51, 2LT, Torch Red exterior, Adrenaline Red interior, Red Calipers, Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel Dash, Magnetic Selective Ride Control, MyLink Navigation, Black Wheels, Dual-mode Performance Exhaust, and Corvette Museum delivery.
Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #20
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
It's been a busy past couple of weeks, with a club road trip in progress, but all worth the while: I finally got THE call on Monday! (figures it would be while running Tail of the Dragon and no cell service) I will be taking delivery tomorrow morning! Woohoo! I'm in Bowling Green right now, and will arrive at the Museum at 7:45am. I saw my car today while it was in the detail bay, but it won't be on the floor until morning due to an event there this evening. I can hardlt contain myself! Best of all, many of my friends from my Corvette club are here with me the experience the delivery first-hand (and take lots of photos!). I will post some pix as soon as I have a chance this weekend. Woohoo!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #21
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
It's been a busy past couple of weeks, with a club road trip in progress, but all worth the while: I finally got THE call on Monday! (figures it would be while running Tail of the Dragon and no cell service) I will be taking delivery tomorrow morning! Woohoo! I'm in Bowling Green right now, and will arrive at the Museum at 7:45am. I saw my car today while it was in the detail bay, but it won't be on the floor until morning due to an event there this evening. I can hardlt contain myself! Best of all, many of my friends from my Corvette club are here with me the experience the delivery first-hand (and take lots of photos!). I will post some pix as soon as I have a chance this weekend. Woohoo!
That is one bodacious way of taking delivery.

Congrats.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #22
wnickk

Drives: '14 3LT Z51 7sp Cyber Gray Kalahari
Does anyone know about how long it's taking these days to go from 3800 to museum delivery?
wnickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #23
Miss Scarlet

I talked to Shane early last week and there does not seem to be much of a back up on the deliveries. He said then he was scheduling for the week of 10/21.

Mine was built last Thurs 10/10 (got photos from Lori that afternoon of it coming off the line). I'm hoping the QC process goes quickly so I can pick it up late Oct.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #24
wnickk

Drives: '14 3LT Z51 7sp Cyber Gray Kalahari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
I talked to Shane early last week and there does not seem to be much of a back up on the deliveries. He said then he was scheduling for the week of 10/21.

Mine was built last Thurs 10/10 (got photos from Lori that afternoon of it coming off the line). I'm hoping the QC process goes quickly so I can pick it up late Oct.

Thanks for the info. Guess I should call Lori or Shane. I just assumed they would be way too busy. I'm expecting 3800 next week. From 1100 on May 17. It's been a very long wait.
wnickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #25
Miss Scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnickk View Post
Thanks for the info. Guess I should call Lori or Shane. I just assumed they would be way too busy. I'm expecting 3800 next week. From 1100 on May 17. It's been a very long wait.
Shane never seems to be too busy. I generally have to leave a VM, but he always calls back right away (same day). He is very helpful.

I placed my order at the first of June (#3 at the dealer) - had to go on hold b/c of the CF Dash constraint. Once that was lifted, then restraint on the visible CF Roof - I figured I could always get one later, so I changed to painted CF/Transparent option. Yes, it has been a very long wait.

Since I ordered the Photo Book, I knew when the TPW was and VIN due to a tracking site Shane gave me. Then Lori sent 2 photos when she rolled off the line last Thurs. Very Cool!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #26
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Miss Scarlet...that is a very pretty Vette....wow love the color and the wheels
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #27
Miss Scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by asptroopa1 View Post
Miss Scarlet...that is a very pretty Vette....wow love the color and the wheels
Thanks. I have always loved the darker jewel-tone reds. I think the chrome pops more than the black. I like the more elegant look of chrome over the aggressive look of the black wheels - they look good too, just not my style.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #28
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
A special thanks to Lori at NCM! She replied to my email with a TPW, and a projected date off the line of 10/21. Even have a VIN as well!!!
#4583 barring any problems should make it to the museum next week.
So with a little luck the first week of November will be Factory tour and pickup time!
Would be really awesome if I could pick it up the 28th or 29th, I have to be in Dallas on the 31st anyway and it is halfway home. Fingers crossed it might just work out.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote