Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #43
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Mindz, I'm telling ya...there's no comparison looking at pictures after you've seen it in person. It is that much better in person! You should seriously think about figuring out a way to get down there and check it out.

Well unfortunately I'm working friday night until 8 pm. Even if I left as soon as I got back to my car (around 10 pm), I would just barely make it with no sleep. I don't think I'm gonna get to make it.

Next week I start my new shift (6pm - 2am) sun - thursday. Why couldn't it have been this week!!!
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #44
Kenz Camaro

Drives: 1994 Impala SS
Well, I'm heading down to see the vert concept tomorrow morning and I just can't hardly wait. Talking with some guys at work it sounds like there will be a pretty huge turnout so I plan on being there at 5:00am.
I was wondering a couple things;
1) If I can get close enough, does anyone (TAG) have any "special requests" for me to check out? For example, I have yet to see where the backup lights are, so I'm going to check that out etc.
2) On this site, I have clicked various links to videos of the coupe driving around here and there (oh that V8 burble.....) but, aside from it being driven (1-2 mph) onto the display floor at shows, I have NOT seen any video of the vert cruising the streets. Did I miss it or are there no other "action" videos of it?
Ken in H.B.
Kenz Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #45
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
There is, I'll see if I can find a link- I've posted it before, the vert makes a real tight turn...impressive really...

And I think the backup lights are immediatly above the muffler - But that's a good thing to check out...also, see if you could get some close ups of the cieling, back seats(foot space) and the control sticks on the steering column- THANKS A BUNCH!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #46
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
http://www.gm.com/company/gm_exp_liv...?navID=3.0.2.1
Here you go...you may have to let it load and replay itslef once...but this is the only vert-driving video I've ever seen.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:31 PM   #47
Kenz Camaro

Drives: 1994 Impala SS
Thanx much Dragoneye, short and sweet without sound but at least it's proof that it has it's own power!
Now let's see, close ups of the ceiling? Well, there isn't one, as I've read, not even under the tonneau so.....? Back seat foot room? I'm all over it as wife.com thinks there will be no room for adults in back (and she may be right). Control sticks on steering column; Do you mean tilt/cruise/turn signals, etc? Good point, I try and check it out.
Thanx again for the link.
Ken in H.B.
Kenz Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #48
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Damn I'm so jealous, and you got to meet Chip Foose. I wish I could have made it. Leaving here at 8:30 PM friday night would have gotten me there just in time for it, but no sleep at all. Plus I didn't have my digital camera at work. Oh well. Tag please please please let me know if they ever plan on showing the vert or even the coupe in northern cali.
I'll do my best w/ the dates. Emailed Scott a few days ago and got that bad news about GM not wanting to post up any more dates until the plans for the concepts were finite. I promise you this...as the dates become available, they WILL be posted here on the day that I get them.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:39 AM   #49
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'll do my best w/ the dates. Emailed Scott a few days ago and got that bad news about GM not wanting to post up any more dates until the plans for the concepts were finite. I promise you this...as the dates become available, they WILL be posted here on the day that I get them.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:46 AM   #50
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

UPDATE

In the latest issue of Car Craft, a date and location was released for another showing of the Camaro. The article DOES NOT tell which Concept will be shown. The info hasn't been verified, but mark it on your calendars.

According to Car Craft, "The GM Performance division has announced that the 08' Camaro will be at the Car Craft Summer Nationals"

July 20-22 - Minnesota State Fairgrounds in St. Paul
Old 05-17-2007, 12:51 AM   #51
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

FROM SCOTT SETTLEMIRE:

Good morning, Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends!

Many of you may already be participating in the Annual Hot Rod Power Tour..........which starts in Cleveland, Ohio this year - and ends in Little Rock, Arkansas.

The Camaro Concept Convertible will be a featured vehicle this year.....making appearances at stops along the way. This is the perfect opportunity to get up close and personal with the car that's captured the hearts and minds of America-- not to mention a chance to see old friends -- and make new ones!

The kickoff for the Tour will be at the IX Center in Cleveland, Ohio on Saturday, June 2nd.

We're making room for a couple hundred Camaros in a "Camaro Corral" -- and you and your Camaro and Firebird Friends are invited!

The cost for the Camaro Corral on Saturday is $25 --

You can register that day -- or on-line at: https://www.click4secureprocessing.c...e/register.asp

or

Call 1-877-413-6515

(because of possible long lines -- we suggest you make advance reservations.....)

You're sure to have a great time at this event -- and we look forward to seeing you there!

John Fitzpatrick : Camaro/Impala Marketing Manager
Scott Settlemire : Chevrolet Shows and Exhibits
Cheryl Pilcher : Camaro Product Manager

Schedule:
http://www.familyevents.com/eventinfo.asp?id=88

Saturday, June 2
I-X Center
One I-X Center Drive
Cleveland, OH 44135

Sunday, June 3
Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds
2900 Lake Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49048

Monday, June 4
Downtown Racine – Lake Front
Racine, WI

Tuesday, June 5
Illinois State Fairgrounds
80 E. Sangamon
Springfield, IL 62702

Wednesday, June 6
Roberts Stadium
2600 Division Street
Evansville, IN 47711

Thursday, June 7
Memphis Motorsports Park
5500 Victory Lane
Memphis, TN 38053

Friday, June 8
Arkansas State Fairgrounds
2600 Howard Street
Little Rock, AR 72206
Old 05-17-2007, 08:01 PM   #52
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
concept schedule

Be nice to see it in South Florida some time. Any dates for us at the bottom of the US.
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:25 PM   #53
xA13x

Drives: None
awww man none around me
xA13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #54
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yup...still waiting on updates. Check the Power Tour thread for the most current...but nothing yet on car shows.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #55
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
The Chevy Rev It Up tour will have it: www.revitup.com

I'm still debating on whether or not I'll attend the one in my area. Just might have to go, if only to see the concept again!

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:38 PM   #56
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

I'm most definately going to the one in alemeda. Hopefully the concept coupe or vert will be there. If not, then I'll just get to enjoy the atmosphere and hopefully find out some more info.