Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-02-2017, 09:04 AM   #57
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Looks good, when will they be available?
Old 08-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #58
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
No words. By far excellent customer service!

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #59
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Awesome! That makes me feel better. Your company rocks. Do we have to take the struts out or will we be able to change the nuts while they are in the car still? I'm thinking I'll probably need to remove them to remove the top of the camber plate to be able to get enough leverage and angle to swap the nut. Thanks.
Hey Eric, you'll be able to do it from th too without having t remov thand struts. Call me hen your r day and I'll walk you through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
Looks good, when will they be available?
Hope I got this be done with the matching by weeks end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
No words. By far excellent customer service!
My name is Justin Moreno and I approve this message
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:44 PM   #60
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Ok I did a little playing around too. I don't know exactly what my camber was at the knuckle but I think it was about 1.5*. I then added an additional 1.5* on the camber plates and set my toe to dead nuts zero using my toe plates. I then put the camber plates back to zero so the only camber was at the knuckle. I then measured toe at 3/16" in. That's not too terrible I guess. I can possibly live with that. That said, it's really easy to change the toe on this car so I might just try and mark the tie rods so I know how much to move them after a track day.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:02 AM   #61
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Ok I did a little playing around too. I don't know exactly what my camber was at the knuckle but I think it was about 1.5*. I then added an additional 1.5* on the camber plates and set my toe to dead nuts zero using my toe plates. I then put the camber plates back to zero so the only camber was at the knuckle. I then measured toe at 3/16" in. That's not too terrible I guess. I can possibly live with that. That said, it's really easy to change the toe on this car so I might just try and mark the tie rods so I know how much to move them after a track day.
Atta boy. I Like your attitude. I'm going to be making track adjustments as well. And I'm running the full -4.3 to start. yeeeaaaahhh Booeeeyyyy

Old 08-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #62
TEX1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE - Blue
Just checking in to see if the new nuts will be finished as planned this week? Possibly ship next week sometime?
TEX1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:46 PM   #63
TEX1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX1LE View Post
Just checking in to see if the new nuts will be finished as planned this week? Possibly ship next week sometime?

Also, can you confirm which torx fitting to use? In the tools needed section it states T50 torx but step 11 shows T40 torx.

Thanks,
Old 08-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #64
Moreno1

Quote:
Will definitely ship them out next week, tuesday most likely. We are machining them from super hard stuff heat treated 17-4 stainless steel and its breaking my $80 taps... LOL.... the threads are formed, not cut, for improved strength.

Quote:
Also, can you confirm which torx fitting to use? In the tools needed section it states T50 torx but step 11 shows T40 torx.

Thanks,

It is T40, not T50.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:14 AM   #65
mr965

Drives: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreno Motorsports View Post
Will definitely ship them out next week, tuesday most likely. We are machining them from super hard stuff heat treated 17-4 stainless steel and its breaking my $80 taps... LOL.... the threads are formed, not cut, for improved strength.

It is T40, not T50.
have I missed the promo deadline? I'd like a set please shipped to Oregon?
mr965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:26 AM   #66
TEX1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreno Motorsports View Post

It is T40, not T50.
No worries thanks for the update
Old 08-07-2017, 09:44 PM   #67
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr965 View Post
have I missed the promo deadline? I'd like a set please shipped to Oregon?

Hey Bud, sorry for the delay responses. We been swamped putting sets together and shipping them out. Send another big batch today. Unfortunately the PROMO expired. We ran the promo with the goal of getting as many out onto the hands of our customers. As a testimonial from a fellow enthusiast is the best form of validation. For that we were offering the discount in exchange.

There's a tremendous amount of machine work that goes into every set and not a lot of margin. In fact we raise the price by $25 today. We have a few set left. If you would like a set, since you just missed it by a couple of days, we will honor the original price for you prior to the increase today.

Also, we want to say again to all who have supported are effort! As we are committed to the Camaro community and will be bring out many more products to serve you guys. So we really appreciate your support inn helping us make it happen.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #68
TEX1LE

Any word on the new nuts shipping out?
Old 08-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #69
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
I received my camber plates earlier this week. The hardware looks great. Very solid and efficient packaging, and mine had the new strut nuts included.

I'm not sure when I'll get to installing them, but just wanted to say THANK YOU to Moreno!
Old 08-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #70
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
and they work with a strut tower bar if you are so inclined. I had to order 40mm cap head bolts and slightly bore out the BMR spacers (I just used the step drill bit I had from the camber plate install) but the camber plate adjustability area is still easily accessible. First track day with the plates is this Saturday
Attached Images

Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote