Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-04-2022, 05:57 PM   #29
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Most likely you are not gonna get anywhere dealing with them. I don't know how much you spent with them. But you might just have to count it as a loss for now...at least until you can get a legit case against them. From this point I suggest you be careful what you say. Take pics and have it documented by a different shop. And have someone else, a reputable shop, just go over everything a do it all the right way. Sometimes these lessons have to just be chalked up to a very expensive learning lesson. If you want, there are many of us who can recommend really good shops.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:01 PM   #30
CanadianVetZL1

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Release the Hounds Smithers..............
Eibach Pro Lowering Kit
Oracle Side markers (Paint matched)
Rear window "wind screen"
Xpel Paint Protection
Ceramic Pro Coating
CanadianVetZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:26 PM   #31
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik830 View Post
I’m very new to this forum or any forum.
I recently hired a shop to do modifications to my 2018 ZL1. I have a few learning challenges and a when I found a place that helps veterans I was really excited. Now I sit trying to figure out how to repair their modifications. My own fault for not researching.
I hired them to install kooks headers w/high flow cats, upper supercharger pulley, tune, and exhaust mod. All by their recommendation.
I found out later they had cut my sc pulley off, putting six cuts into my sc snout w/o telling me. Then heating the new pulley hub up and putting it on. This procedure was never discussed prior. Not exactly sure how they heated it nor how many times they tapped or hammered it into place. All I know is I hear a new sound from my sc, which they say they can’t hear. If they heated it while on sc shaft could have dried up bearing grease causing premature failure I learned. Did they damage the three pins in the back?
I learned about the right way to r/r pulley hub is with press. Ironically the hub has printed on it “press on only.”
I took the pulley off and found fine metal dust around sc shaft.
I realize I should have researched more which is my fault. Oh I said that already. Just hope it sticks in my memory for any future stuff.
It made me suspect when the final bill was increased $562 due to a (parts/labor matrix change) they’d lost my original estimate. This was same amount of my veteran discount they gave. After I showed them my copy they then added the cost of tuning pcm license lock and tune fee, they forgot to add to original, which was $562.
On the day I came to pick it up, they called told me they had damaged my car when moving it. I was a bit shocked and while taking it to body shop I smelled burning smell. They said normal for new headers. Found out the header on drivers side was melting the plastic cover on my steering shaft. Eventually I called kooks and I think they’re working with me if I show them proof of purchase. So when I looked at the box they gave me with my old manifolds I discovered it was a box for dodge truck.
I’m trying to find out what to do about my sc snout. How to take the snout off to have it checked since metal dust was all around the shaft and bearing. I also wonder if I need a new sc snout.
I’m very fortunate to have this car. Prior to this I had extended warranty which I knew I was risking by getting this. I didn’t know that they were going to put 50 miles on my car also when tuning. I thought i asked many questions and was under impression that tuning was computer related and later dyno was driving part. But I learned that’s how a “street tune” is done w/o dyno. Which I haven’t received any documentation about the tune from them.
The sc pulley is a griptec 2.30” and the shop said i don’t need a different belt but when I called griptec they recommended I get a green belt.
I apologize about the long rant. I’m grateful that I didn’t keep driving it possibly causing more damage from this mess.
If anyone can learn to not just check out a shop prior to any work but also what is exactly involved in the work theyll be doing, well I hope it prevents this from happening to anyone else.
I know how naive and stupid I was and feel like crap. I was hoping to drive it in our Veterans Day parade but maybe Memorial Day.
I have learned allot though.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
A lot of us in Oregon go to JDP motorsports in UT. its not a far drive.
We have a performance shop in Roseburg called Zoom Motorsports. They did my install of the Maggie 2650 and cam - it could not be done any better.
DSX Flex fuel/Low side
NW 103mm TB/Roto-Fab CAI
Monster S Series
Elite E2-X
2" TSP LT's
BMR:BK063, BK060,TCA061, UTCA060, UTCA063
Weld Beadlocks/17" NT5R2
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:35 PM   #32
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
It's got to be a local mom and pop shop. The shops discussed here would never do work like this
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:46 PM   #33
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Terrible. This shop is terrible. I agree with above. I would get with a reputable shop asap and get everything fixed and then hopefully you can recover some of your loses if not like said above some lessons are expensive. Sorry you had to go through this.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:22 PM   #34
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
I rarely ever say this and it is thrown out too much, but you really need to find a good lawyer and go after them to fix what they did. Just the way they did the work and then have balls to overcharge you from the original estimate is all you need to know about their morals/values. They are never going to make this right on their own. Most likely nothing or worse if you ever let them touch your car again.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headers, supercharger pulley, tune mod, zl1